Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

One reason Ranked teams may be so bad

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

And, yes, at least for the Worcester, I fall into this category too -- of grinding up to a tier X just to play Ranked and being very new in the ship.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.56a4e0ea6151a8163af4238a2871383d.jpg

• Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,538 battles

It's ranked.  It's been that way every season.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

Snarg, why in heaven's name aren't you playing Gearing?? You're an absolute menace in that thing!

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
7 minutes ago, legozer said:

Snarg, why in heaven's name aren't you playing Gearing?? You're an absolute menace in that thing!

I thought I'd take a break and try a cruiser. I'm pretty good in the Des Moines but not so much in the Worcester. I probably ought to go back to the Gearing though as I couldn't get a DD to spot for me to save my life.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,645 battles

I think it is showing only ranked stats, not random stats.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
17 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I think it is showing only ranked stats, not random stats.

Right, but still those players (including me in this game) haven't played the ship much in ranked. I still think a lot of players have ground or free XP'd up to tier X, maybe beyond their skill level, for this ranked season. Of course, WG has to make money somehow and purchasing doubloons to obtain tier VIII Premiums and tier X ships probably helps support the game.

It will be interesting as the see progresses to see if the players get better. I know that the best (or luckiest) are already passing up into the single-digits. I got my two-star flag and so close today to single digits before I fell back. A guy can dream though.     

[KP]
Members
1,989 posts
18,359 battles
37 minutes ago, legozer said:

IKR I love it when he is on my team, hate it when he is on Reds.

Members
855 posts
3,411 battles

You can't win them all in anything random. I'm sure many are playing new ships, I have seen a fair share of unicorns play like complete trash in ranked and your over there stretching your head like huh..... really? 

Might be a new ship for them.  I have seem just as bad of play out of unicorn players as I have low rated players, its mind blowing. 

You see a guy in a certain clan tag, thinking you got a good team,  and they go in die in the first 2 minutes. Then you see a guy playing so bad that you look his stats up thinking hes like a 40% WR player and it turns out hes a super unicorn, mind blown. 

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,844 posts
6,743 battles

ranked teams are bad for the same reason that random teams are bad... the average player in this game rocks around a 45% winrate, 30k average damage, and a negative k/d.  in short... the average player is a braindead sea sponge and when your team is randomly selected, be it in regular random battles or in ranked battles, you're gonna get saddled with these fun-stealing enjoyment leeches more often than not.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,542 battles

I've been surprised how much more accurate MM monitor's team lineup predictions are in ranked than in randoms.

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,829 battles

I had not played RB for a long time. I was hoping they had changed but instead it is still the same bad way.
They made the clans. BUT you can not go to RB with your team; no, it must be random, so you can not do any kind of strategy or communicate to get a good chance of winning.
Of course it is a numerical question, you make 350/400 battles (if you start from 23) you probably get to rank1. But basically you have to stay in RB always, very bad thing.
And then, earning and losing stars brings out the worst in you. A great way to buy a new computer every month and, at the same time, make you a lot of "friends" ..
The only problem is that until today there is no valid alternative to WOW.

Sign in to follow this