Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Mute player - did not work!

6 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

So tonight we had someone spamming all chat with some Spanish phrases over and over. I figured oh well, I can disable text messages from the player, not have to see them. 

So I go into the chat menu for the player, selected the disable text messages and also blacklisted them. I figured that would take care of the spam. 

Nope. I kept seeing them, in all chat. So I tried again. There, that's got it. Nope. In total he spammed three or four more times then stopped because I do believe he got sunk.

Are you aware of blocking text messages and blacklisting a player does not (apparently) stop their all chat messages?  Anyone else experience it? tiafyc

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

If they were spamming their function keys it's"working as intended.". WG refuses to link the text blocking against that feature.

Members
1,348 posts
506 battles
55 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

If they were spamming their function keys it's"working as intended.". WG refuses to link the text blocking against that feature.

Si. Eso podría ser el problema
Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Funny 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well that's possible I suppose since I don't read or speak Spanish. 

Which sort of, kind of brings up something slightly different... as they separate the forums for English/Spanish, wouldn't they do something with the FKeys as well? 

Or at least identify the key that's being spammed so I can at least try to figure out what the guy is saying with his F key spams? 

Members
0 posts

Had the same issue recently. Player kept spamming Shift-F12 over and over. Blacklisted, disabled text, and reported. He spent the entire game spamming. Even members of his own team spent their entire daily allowance for spam complaints reporting him. Finally, a team mate sunk him to make it stop. Blacklisting should block him like it does in WoT.

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles

Blacklisting only keeps them from sending messages to you after you leave the match. You have to mute them as well. It is stupid but it is the way it works unfortunately. Also blacklisting or muting does not stop the function key messages. In my two years using the forums this is the most commonly requested feature from players. Wargaming has never said a peep about it one way or another. It is a great shame, such an easy quality of life improvement that every player could definitely get behind. 

Sign in to follow this