Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

New Radar Tactic - BB's capping

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

243
[H_]
Members
676 posts

OK, today I've seen it all in the short period of time I've been in WoWs....

A Missouri and a Khab and a Des Moines spawned near a cap; and, they simply rushed in, hit radar a few K out, killed the 2 IJN DD's immediately whom were in smoke; the Des Monies followed the first radar so there was no break; and, they killed a cruiser (whom was supporting the DD's) and a BB (who  couldn't run away fast enough) in less than 5 minutes and 30 seconds.  Game over. 

Two games later, another use of exactly the same tactic; with the Missouri lighting off his radar with two radar CA's following; sequentially killing 2 DD's and 2 Cruisers in less than 6 minutes:  Game Over.

So, a few more games later........the red team is capping without opposition with BB's (Missouri's) capping; literally.   Entire blue team is 12K  away and the Blue BB's backing up out to 20K..... Another massacre.  Game over in less than 12 minutes with no blue team caps at all....  I asked what the heck and all I got is: "I'm not going anywhere near that #*&#Q@ cap with a MO (radar)!"  The BB's were at the boundaries and the cruisers were behind cover and never moved....

Smoke has no use and there is no remediation to radar so..........them with the Missouri's with radar, whom are really smart enough or don't give a crap are rushing Caps and winning without opposition today for some reason..... 

Wow.  What a day !  This is either brilliant exploit for radar or this game is just that broken....  What say you !?!?!   I've never seen this and I'm stuck between applauding or not playing DD's ever again.????  Holy crap !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

OK, today I've seen it all in the short period of time I've been in WoWs....

A Missouri and a Khab and a Des Moines spawned near a cap; and, they simply rushed in, hit radar a few K out, killed the 2 IJN DD's immediately whom were in smoke; the Des Monies followed the first radar so there was no break; and, they killed a cruiser (whom was supporting the DD's) and a BB (who  couldn't run away fast enough) in less than 5 minutes and 30 seconds.  Game over. 

Two games later, another use of exactly the same tactic; with the Missouri lighting off his radar with two radar CA's following; sequentially killing 2 DD's and 2 Cruisers in less than 6 minutes:  Game Over.

So, a few more games later........the red team is capping without opposition with BB's (Missouri's) capping; literally.   Entire blue team is 12K  away and the Blue BB's backing up out to 20K..... Another massacre.  Game over in less than 12 minutes with no blue team caps at all....  I asked what the heck and all I got is: "I'm not going anywhere near that #*&#Q@ cap with a MO (radar)!"  The BB's were at the boundaries and the cruisers were behind cover and never moved....

Smoke has no use and there is no remediation to radar so..........them with the Missouri's with radar, whom are really smart enough or don't give a crap are rushing Caps and winning without opposition today for some reason..... 

Wow.  What a day !  This is either brilliant exploit for radar or this game is just that broken....  What say you !?!?!   I've never seen this and I'm stuck between applauding or not playing DD's ever again.????  Holy crap !

Hold your horses. There is a solution. You may not like it or own it, but the ship was created to make fools out of such smug Missouri players who think they can get away with such garbage:

 

Asashio.:cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

Asashio.:cap_haloween:

That's a joke, do you know how hard it would be to hit a Missouri in a cap while outside of radar range? And how long it would take to reload when you didn't kill him with your first salvo because your torps had spread out too far and you only got 1 or 2 hits? That sounds good on paper but in reality it would never work. No, this is just another indication of how gimmicks and unrealistic mechanics have ruined a really good game.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[YARRR]
Members
389 posts
4,723 battles

We need a WW1 game mode.

No radar, no planes, no paper ships, only era correct ships and maps.

I'd pay for that game.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
449 posts
12,184 battles
14 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

We need a WW1 game mode.

No radar, no planes, no paper ships, only era correct ships and maps.

I'd pay for that game.

 

 

I would as well. Tired of the power creep and all the I WIN toys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That's a joke, do you know how hard it would be to hit a Missouri in a cap while outside of radar range? And how long it would take to reload when you didn't kill him with your first salvo because your torps had spread out too far and you only got 1 or 2 hits? That sounds good on paper but in reality it would never work. No, this is just another indication of how gimmicks and unrealistic mechanics have ruined a really good game.

Two words: TRB, and division. Remember, Asashio's deep-waters(that can only hit BBs and CVs, as opposed to Pan-Asian ones that can hit cruisers) are EXTREMELY hard to spot. Radar can't spot torps, and Asashio's torps often seem to come out of nowhere. What's more, her torpedo range precludes her from being able to target-select BBs with her guns, so Priority Target is of little use in many circumstances when trying to figure out when Asashios have launched torps at you.

 

Not only that, but because these are quads, not quintuples like Shimakaze, the distance between torps at range is a good bit smaller.

 

 

Gearing, too,  torps from outside radar range all the time with her much more visible 16.5 km torps.(as does Yue Yang, with her 13.5 km deep-water Gearing torps)

 

As for division, I doubt that needs any explanation. When using the TRB in sync with two other Asashios, you've got 48 reasonably fast, nearly guaranteed flooding torps that seem to come out of nowhere, a nightmare for any BB, even a Missouri. Let's face it. Missouri was basically a hard counter to DDs, until Asashio came on scene and said:

 

"Oh, so you've got radar? Big whoop. I've got torps that can ONLY hit you and CVs, but they do great damage, they are reasonably fast, they do nearly guaranteed flooding, but best of all, THEY ARE NINJA TORPS. Oh, and did I mention that because I carry my smoke consumable in a different slot, I am 100% guaranteed to have TRB and be able to fire 16 torps at you at least 3(with premium) and 4(with premium and Superintendent) times per match? HA! Admit it, Missouri, you are just as defunct as Hatsuhara when I'm around.":cat_paw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
36 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

"Oh, so you've got radar? Big whoop. I've got torps that can ONLY hit you and CVs, but they do great damage, they are reasonably fast, they do nearly guaranteed flooding, but best of all, THEY ARE NINJA TORPS. Oh, and did I mention that because I carry my smoke consumable in a different slot, I am 100% guaranteed to have TRB and be able to fire 16 torps at you at least 3(with premium) and 4(with premium and Superintendent) times per match? HA! Admit it, Missouri, you are just as defunct as Hatsuhara when I'm around.":cat_paw:

So, seriously ... you seeing a lot of 3 Asashio divisions in your Missouri matches? I rarely even see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[EREKT]
Members
746 posts
5,755 battles

Put AFT on the Asashio captain, it's super useful because you can then shoot ships out of radar range. If your torps force a repair on a BB, you can go to town on his keester. Asashio doesn't sacrifice smoke for reload booster. I would face away while doing that though, since your going to cause cruisers to sneak up to radar you (which might make them more vulnerable if they're dumb enough to do that).

 

EJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

So, seriously ... you seeing a lot of 3 Asashio divisions in your Missouri matches? I rarely even see one.

I'm just saying, that is the way to easily cream Missouris like they are nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×