Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Compassghost

Despite 664 (+13%) more clans playing S3, 285 (-45%) fewer clans made it to Typhoon, and 370 (-25%) fewer clans made it to Storm.

18 comments in this topic

[PNG]
Supertester
5,655 posts
6,455 battles

zOlsV04.png

Because Season 3 was shorter than Season 2, using battle comparisons isn't fair, but we lost a fair number of players. In addition, 60% fewer players got Stalingrad flags this season. On the whole, if you want to make 94% of the community feel depressed, this is exactly what was ordered. Even when comparing to Season 1, which had fewer clans and more flags, the numbers were significantly lower Stalingrad-wise.

• Cool 2

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles

Part of the problem is clans with average win rates around 45-47% (like mine) encountering teams padded with unicums in the lowest level of squall league and simply giving up, as there is no possible way to win and advance like that.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

Both clan wars and ranked have been losing players since their inception, which is why the new "special steel" ships were introduced, and why you can only get steel by playing in either clan wars or ranked. You will notice both the reward ships, Flint and Black, which WoW said "will never be sold but only earned", are both considered to be borderline OP, so everyone naturally wants a shot at one, and Stalingrad is just blatantly OP, so again, everyone will want one. This isn't "Pay to Win"; it's "Play the types of matches we tell you to play to win with the OP ships you can only get by playing these types of matches." 

• Cool 1

[TSN]
Members
68 posts
3,065 battles

I would think the matchmaking adjustments had a pretty big impact. When they made it less likely that you were going to face clans in other leagues, it made the grind a good bit more challenging. There were several nights in particular when we played the same teams over and over and it got pretty repetitive from a gameplay standpoint.

The real issue is with less variance in who you face, the closer you will be to 50/50%. Not to mention, many of the few hurricane teams ended up just playing their bravo group in Typhoon meaning when you beat them you are rewarded less progression than you should be and penalized to a larger extent if you lose than you otherwise would be.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
394 posts
5,138 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Both clan wars and ranked have been losing players since their inception, which is why the new "special steel" ships were introduced, and why you can only get steel by playing in either clan wars or ranked. You will notice both the reward ships, Flint and Black, which WoW said "will never be sold but only earned", are both considered to be borderline OP, so everyone naturally wants a shot at one, and Stalingrad is just blatantly OP, so again, everyone will want one. This isn't "Pay to Win"; it's "Play the types of matches we tell you to play to win with the OP ships you can only get by playing these types of matches." 

What? Black is variant of the Fletcher class USN DD. It has radar like the Pan Asian t8-10 and hard hitting but very slow torps. Hardly OP.

Flint has two less main turrets and more beef in mid and close range AA compared to Atlanta. Many would argue Atlanta is the superior ship particularly in surface action, and few CV will challenge either.

They are just variants of tech tree ships. Not at all OP. The players that have them might be OP.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,985 battles

I think the way Alpha/Bravo was done had pros and cons. We got players who we might not have used in CB into the mode using the Bravo team, but overall it probably cost us games as our A and B ended up at similar ranks.

In addition the points for win/loss seemed a lot less kind this season, I remember beating higher rated clans for measley +9pts but still losing to them for -21pt. Not that great.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
11 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

They are just variants of tech tree ships. Not at all OP.

Fletcher, at one time, was considered the best DD in the game, though power creep has definitely caught up with her, adding radar has given her quite a bit back. And Black, with radar at tier 7, is certainly a ship not to be taken lightly. And what I said was both ships are BORDERLINE OP, which they are.

• Bad 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Fletcher, at one time, was considered the best DD in the game, though power creep has definitely caught up with her, adding radar has given her quite a bit back. And Black, with radar at tier 7, is certainly a ship not to be taken lightly. And what I said was both ships are BORDERLINE OP, which they are.

Black is the same Tier as Fletcher. Flint is at Tier VII, and does not have radar. ATLANTA has RADAR, FLINT has SMOKE.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Haven't played my Fletcher in awhile... it has radar now?  Or did I misunderstand?

B

Members
855 posts
3,442 battles

Anything based on clan wars always turns into a crapfest in every game, because people form zergs, super clans, and you simply can't balance the mode You certainly can't when you have MM matching clans in lower brackets against higher tier brackets for ROFL stomps. 

[PLPT]
Members
581 posts
6,499 battles
1 hour ago, Thraxian said:

Part of the problem is clans with average win rates around 45-47% (like mine) encountering teams padded with unicums in the lowest level of squall league and simply giving up, as there is no possible way to win and advance like that.

Yep, my Gale clan played nothing but Storm and Typhoon teams, and worse. How were we supposed to progress? It wasn’t fun.

As a Gale team, we played OPG, OPG2, Kraken, MIA, CUTE and others, losing almost 20 points every time. Maybe -18 points. Then beating an “actual” Gale team only gave us like +22.

Im not saying we’re good, but their points calculation is absurdly bad. I’m beginning to believe that the dev team really has no math skills whatsoever. 

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 1

[TSN]
Members
68 posts
3,065 battles
1 minute ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Anything based on clan wars always turns into a crapfest in every game, because people form zergs, super clans, and you simply can't balance the mode You certainly can't when you have MM matching clans in lower brackets against higher tier brackets for ROFL stomps. 

This makes it easier to climb if you take bravo clan abuse out of the equation. You used to be rewarded a good bit better if you beat a better team. And you barely lost anything if you lost. I think you likely experienced a few "bravo" teams that were making their way through the ranks or purposely tanking their ratings to get a string of guaranteed 2500 base XP games so they can stack all their econ flags and get 15-20k free xp per game or a crapton of captain xp.

From what I have seen in this past season, I hope there are some changes to the way bravo teams are ranked in the future.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

I'd like to play Clan Wars but my clan isn't that organized. In fact, I've only ever seen a couple of them in a game. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
28 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Black is the same Tier as Fletcher. Flint is at Tier VII, and does not have radar. ATLANTA has RADAR, FLINT has SMOKE.

My bad, I got the two switched.

Members
855 posts
3,442 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd like to play Clan Wars but my clan isn't that organized. In fact, I've only ever seen a couple of them in a game. 

Sounds like you need a new clan. 

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Yea the clan I am in didn't even attempt to play clan wars. Really ticked me off as I was looking forward to it.

[AAA]
Members
394 posts
5,138 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

I agree Fletcher is the best dd in game. Love her over the Gearing and YY. As pointed out both fletcher and black are t9.

I had monster games in her and the Chung Mu until the America CL line radared everyone. Still have great games but passive play and patience instead of all out aggression which is how I played them before radar everywhere. 

Black is is more a gun fighter like the Kidd than torp bote as her torps are used for area denial with their slow speed. Yes she has radar which aids in her gun fighting dd killing style. 

The real reason Black is OP is the players who have her are elite. 

[BNC]
Members
272 posts

You're surprised that WoWs screwed clans up?

You must not have been around for Team Battles. That was perfection: mid-tier ships, players from new to elite, cv option, and no vaporization upon being spotted. Team Battles was by far the most fun this game has ever offered.

When they announced the requirements for clan battles, I told our clan that it would be a joke. I was right.

Sign in to follow this