Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlakKnight

Special Captain availability?

12 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
218 posts
1,458 battles

I understand the Q&A answer regarding the large campaign rewards like Yamamoto and Halsey, but why are the others so infrequently offered for sale?  To be clear I'm not talking about the special portrait variety but the ones which affect gameplay like Honore and Jutland.

[R-F]
Members
677 posts
6,188 battles

I'm not in sales, but I guess their business model must indicate that offering some of their products some of the time is more profitable.  I mean, they could have every premium ship available all the time, but they don't.  I guess something about seeing "oooh the Kidd is back on sale!" makes you more likely to buy it than if it was always there.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

They cant just openly sell captains 24/7 without aggravating the p2w folks, and if it was a non stop stream of captains, both performance boosted and also just Redskins like dasha, it would get very old very fast. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I got Dunkirk a few weeks back, but he's tied to a collection. 

Honoré was part of a challenge or campaign.  And other were available for purchase. 

If they're a collection reward then they "might" still be attained IF you're working on their assigned collection. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
6 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

I got Dunkirk a few weeks back, but he's tied to a collection. 

Honoré was part of a challenge or campaign.  And other were available for purchase. 

If they're a collection reward then they "might" still be attained IF you're working on their assigned collection. 

Well what they did is there is 2 sets of captains for each nation with special captains... one was earn able and the other was sold

Ie I have 2 honoroe brothers... had to get one via mission and buy a dude

[NGA-B]
Members
1,226 posts
7,658 battles
44 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

also just Redskins like dasha

Dasha is a player on the Washington Redskins? That explains why I have no inclination to buy the captains in the Arsenal.

• Funny 2

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
9 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Dasha is a player on the Washington Redskins? That explains why I have no inclination to buy the captains in the Arsenal.

Re-skins... dang phone

[-WPG-]
Members
741 posts
3,145 battles

You're in luck!  New RN captain is coming in 7.8.  Bert Dunkirk!  Brother of Jack and Ernie. Available with RN tokens in the arsenal. 

shot-18.08.30_18.51.10-0728.jpg

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
218 posts
1,458 battles
4 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You're in luck!  New RN captain is coming in 7.8.  Bert Dunkirk!  Brother of Jack and Ernie. Available with RN tokens in the arsenal. 

shot-18.08.30_18.51.10-0728.jpg

This is good but I was hoping for a Honore brother too.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

John Doe, the Russian and German ones are in PTS Arsenal for 35k coal.  As long as you are farming coal you will be likely to get them at some point either from a country arc token system (like Dasha/Dunkirk) or in the arsenal for coal.  

Sign in to follow this