You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
asmodai22

Is battlefleet gothic coming to WoW?

61 comments in this topic

[TAFY3]
Members
27 posts
1,972 battles

I haven't played for months mainly because of college, work, theater and fixing my house. I decided to play one game before work. I was browsing through some of the new ports and one was a spaceport? I also read that they're doing battlefleet gothic in WoW? I think it would be awesome but how it would work being space is 360 movement. Their doing world of tanks for Warhammer 40k. I would think BFG will be next. I haven't really played a good Warhammer 40k game in a long time. Since DoW 3 was absolute garbage, a giant turn wrapped up pretty in a box.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,897 posts
12,416 battles
3 minutes ago, asmodai22 said:

I also read that they're doing battlefleet gothic in WoW?

mkOCqbB.png

They're completely different IPs owned by different studios. No, Battlefleet Gothic is not coming to WoWS.

The space port is a leftover from the April First event. Just because there's a space port doesn't mean that any crossover with other, expensive IPs owned by other studios, is going to happen.

There is a very small crossover between WH40k and WoT, but that's limited to two premium skins - well, one premium skin and one copypaste premium tank. But just because WoT has a very tiny, punt, teensy weensy crossover with Warhammer 40k doesn't mean WoWs is just going to absorb Battlefleet Gothic.

I'd be very curious to see where you read that. I could use a laugh.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
4,429 posts
6,619 battles
3 minutes ago, asmodai22 said:

I haven't played for months mainly because of college, work, theater and fixing my house. I decided to play one game before work. I was browsing through some of the new ports and one was a spaceport? I also read that they're doing battlefleet gothic in WoW? I think it would be awesome but how it would work being space is 360 movement. Their doing world of tanks for Warhammer 40k. I would think BFG will be next. I haven't really played a good Warhammer 40k game in a long time. Since DoW 3 was absolute garbage, a giant turn wrapped up pretty in a box.

Well, if they could afford to buy out the company that owns the Battlefleet Gothic franchise. But in any case, Battlefleet Gothic 2 will be available on Steam for download later this month.

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles

I'm waiting for World of Starships to come out.

Forums would be quieter, without all those "historical accuracy" folks stirring up trouble.....:cap_haloween:

• Funny 3

Members
753 posts
10 battles
21 minutes ago, asmodai22 said:

If it isn't Anime........it won't be in the game!!!!!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
753 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'm waiting for World of Starships to come out.

Forums would be quieter, without all those "historical accuracy" folks stirring up trouble.....:cap_haloween:

ROFLMAO......have you ever had a discussion on Starships with a Trekkie.........they are even more fanatical than the history buffs. They will tell you that on episode 32 of season 3, at the 4:34 mark you see the Enterprise do X. They have tech manuals and all sorts of stuff.

Beta Testers
2,815 posts
3,913 battles

can i get my exterminatus as a gimmick too?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,915 posts
6,414 battles

it would help if i knew what "Battlefleet Gothic" is/means

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,645 posts
9,957 battles
8 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Battlefleet Gothic is the name of a tabletop spaceship game set in the Warhammer 40k universe. The game was originally named for the Imperial Battlefleet responsible for guarding the 'Gothic Sector'.

It's also spawned a computer game.

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
16 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

ROFLMAO......have you ever had a discussion on Starships with a Trekkie.........they are even more fanatical than the history buffs. They will tell you that on episode 32 of season 3, at the 4:34 mark you see the Enterprise do X. They have tech manuals and all sorts of stuff.

Oh yes, I know all about those types.

Point is though, it's not like warships, where you can use vehicles that actually existed (there's probably imaginary starships with more complete documentation than some of the ships we have now (or at least will have later)) for free.

A premium Constitution-class starship would actually cost WG money to release, over and above normal development costs.

If WG does do such a game, unless they do a partnership thing, you will not have heard of any of the ships in-game.

Not that it's a big deal, plenty of space games have completely in-house ship designs for just that reason.

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

Battlefleet Gothic is the name of a tabletop spaceship game set in the Warhammer 40k universe. The game was originally named for the Imperial Battlefleet responsible for guarding the 'Gothic Sector'.

It's also spawned a computer game.

And here I thought that "gothic" was a nod to the atmosphere, although "baroque" would serve as well.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

BFG already has a game slightly similar in BFG:Armada it's on Steam. 

It's an interesting take on an RTS from the few hours I've played on it. More interesting if you enjoy the themes of the 40k universe. 

Alpha Tester
4,429 posts
6,619 battles
13 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Google is your friend. But if you don't know, an overdue education awaits. (part of Warhammer universe)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
468 posts
6,343 battles

Our new Chaos T10, Gothic Fleet line (JK of course).  Maybe a great idea (skin wise) for the next April fools event:

Battlefleet_Gothic_Armada_Chaos.gif

Members
753 posts
10 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Oh yes, I know all about those types.

Point is though, it's not like warships, where you can use vehicles that actually existed (there's probably imaginary starships with more complete documentation than some of the ships we have now (or at least will have later)) for free.

A premium Constitution-class starship would actually cost WG money to release, over and above normal development costs.

If WG does do such a game, unless they do a partnership thing, you will not have heard of any of the ships in-game.

Not that it's a big deal, plenty of space games have completely in-house ship designs for just that reason.

LOL We would still get there is no way the energy output from a Frigates guns would have the same effect as those from a dreadnought. Why are battles in space fought on the same plane....etc....etc. I think you underestimate the power of complaining heheheheheh. Wargaming could create the greatest game in the history of gaming and there will still be countless people on the forums complaining. 

[5D]
Beta Testers
428 posts
7,557 battles

This is so wishful thinking! I love BFG! I would enjoy having a Retribution or an apocalypse in battle!  PURGE THE HERETICS! BURN THE XENOS!  BFG2 is going to be exciting, took part in the closed testing I can't wait!!! 

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
16 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

LOL We would still get there is no way the energy output from a Frigates guns would have the same effect as those from a dreadnought. Why are battles in space fought on the same plane....etc....etc. I think you underestimate the power of complaining heheheheheh. Wargaming could create the greatest game in the history of gaming and there will still be countless people on the forums complaining. 

Lol true. And I guess the "realism" crowd would chime in, I'm sure strict adherence to actual physics would make for a less fun game.

Although, it would be fun to watch people argue about what firing sound a railgun would have in space......

Alpha Tester
4,429 posts
6,619 battles
14 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

This is so wishful thinking! I love BFG! I would enjoy having a Retribution or an apocalypse in battle!  PURGE THE HERETICS! BURN THE XENOS!  BFG2 is going to be exciting, took part in the closed testing I can't wait!!! 

is it going to be genuinely better than BFG1? Want to know if worth pre purchase.

Beta Testers
1,435 posts
2,379 battles

Maybe he saw one of the blinged up French BB Prem Camos and figured the Adeptus Mechanicus was involved...  :Smile_hiding:

7db9a140-1b23-11e8-9c78-d89d6715223c.jpg

2gxfhfl.jpg

Edited by TheStarSlayer

Members
2,371 posts
2,153 battles
1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

If it isn't Anime........it won't be in the game!!!!!

I wouldn't say that. It needs to be big and they can't go, "Alright, we get 70% of the profits and you, Weegee, can get 30%"

I'm awaiting some sort of Medal of Honor (If still alive) or Battlefield crossover still. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Beta Testers
1,161 posts
7,913 battles
56 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

And here I thought that "gothic" was a nod to the atmosphere, although "baroque" would serve as well.

Of course Baroque works -  the Imperium is Catholic Space Knotsies...

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
46 minutes ago, Neighbor_Kid said:

Now, uhh, son.... exactly what the HELL are you goin’ on ‘bout ?

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
38 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol true. And I guess the "realism" crowd would chime in, I'm sure strict adherence to actual physics would make for a less fun game.

Although, it would be fun to watch people argue about what firing sound a railgun would have in space......

With audio emulators, you could make them sound like anything from unicorn farts to glam rock guitar riffs. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,102 posts
11,823 battles
1 hour ago, TheStarSlayer said:

Maybe he saw one of the blinged up French BB Prem Camos and figured the Adeptus Mechanicus was involved...  :Smile_hiding:

2gxfhfl.jpg

That's too much Gothic going on there for even me!