Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RC_1140

Battleship Concealment

8 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
2,171 battles

I have always wondered about the value of concealment on BBs, for various reasons. I did google old forum posts about this and for the most part everyone recommends concealment on all ship types always. Currently all of my BBs have CE and/or the concealment mod, but I wonder if I would get more benefit out of other options. So what do people think today? Is concealment on BBs still required? Is it different for BBs I would only play in operations? Here is a list of the  BBs I have or am planning to keep:

Musashi, Arizona (ops only), Massachusetts, Iowa, Dunkerque (ops only), Richelieu (mostly ops), Republique, Giulio Cesare, Gneisenau (mostly ops), Nelson (mostly ops), some Brit BBs (not sure which ones yet)

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,752 battles

Concealment is important for any BB where you are focusing on damage with your main battery - the idea is you want to be able to disengage (go dark) between volleys whenever possible, and to be able to permanently disengage when at low health to repair. A concealment of 13.5 km is much more workable in these situations than 16-17km, especially since your main battery effectiveness often increases quite a bit (statistically) as you close range due to dispersion, shell penetration, etc. 

If you are going full meme secondary build concealment is less important, as being in secondary range of something means you are spotted regardless. Massachusetts is notorious for this build, to a lesser degree so are Bismarck, Tirpitz and the other high-tier KM BBs. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,376 battles

I know it is important and see its effect when enemy BBs hang back and snipe! I don't bother with it since I just go right on into harms way and hope I score more hits than the foe and hopefully survive.

[ARP2]
Members
1,221 posts
3,566 battles

I tend to take the concealment module on most of my BBs that can fit it, but the captain skill is more line specific.  

Excluding Massachusetts, the US and British lines do well with concealment expert. I run secondary build IJNand KM BBs so I spend those 4 points elsewhere.

I haven't gotten far enough down the French line to make educated comments on them.

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,178 battles

I certainly do not have CE on my Republique.  I make my guns earn their money and me sneaking another 3km closer is likely to just get me fed a shell sandwich.

[SF-3]
Members
1,428 posts
7,870 battles

Yes, still mandatory on all ships, except troll ships. It will be the difference between dealing damage and not, between dying and not, winning and losing. 

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles

I went with secondary builds on all of my German BBs, but stealth builds on everything else.  Thought about secondary builds on French BBs, but the secondaries on most of those ships seemed too fragile.  I agree that a stealth build is usually better, as it lets you get in closer before taking damage, and lets you disengage when the damage gets to be too much and you need some time to heal.

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
2,171 battles

So it seems like except my Mass partial or full stealth is still good. Thanks for the replies, overall I won't be spending much to change what I have. I will probably try no stealth on my Mass to see how it goes.

Sign in to follow this