You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

0.7.9.0 Royal Navy CVs - Icon Teaser ONLY (No Stats, No Data, No Models)

16 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles

Currently, the one and only teaser we have of RN CVs, found in the 7.9 files by someone on Reddit.

eDqOlzM.png

Now, before anyone asks:

• Yes, one of those is apparently a Premium in planning, or was planned, given the camouflaged hull (after all, plans change; just look at 2017's ship release changes).
  • No, no actual leak of actual ship models (yet).
  • No, no actual word or leak of stats.
  • No, no ETA on CV Overhaul preview (yet).
  • Possibly, it could be a sign that WG is getting close to giving a first public look at their CV overhaul.
  • Possibly, it's likely WG just added these icons in preparation for a later RN CV line announcement, where "later" can be any time from now to 2019 onwards. It's also not the first time WG has added icons into the game files without a model attached. See ARP I-401 Submarine (still visible in the ARP Extended Tree) and the ARP Fused I-401/Takao Hybrid Super Cruiser (Removed; was once listed as a TXII or so in the ARP Extended Tree).

Now with that being said, do recall that WG's art and modeling departments can work independently of some other departments. Case in point, October Revolution; teased shortly after KanColle's Gangut, out of the blue, fully modeled. But several months were needed to turn it from a static model to a playable one. Another example; the Dolphin Carrier and UFOs. Modeled, posed in static positions for the 2018 April Fools "in-game screenshots", but the models themselves were never actually in the game files. So it's possible for the models to have been completed, but the actual creation of the line is still on ice (Habakkuk when?) until after the CV overhaul.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Oh wow. Extreme deja vu

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,689 posts
3,459 battles

In the QnA at Gamescon they did say they just missed having the rework ready to show at Gamescon and to expect it very soon.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,177 posts
2,029 battles

RN CV gimmick:

Carriers are icons only?

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
372 posts
3,469 battles

The RN CV's better blast God Save The Queen every time they land a dive bomb strike on a ship or there is no justice in the world.

[HSD]
Members
280 posts
9,403 battles
7 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

RN CV gimmick:

Carriers are icons only?

Lets see:

Cruisers, special AP no HE, heals through most of the line and smoke, absurd acceleration, single fire torps

Battleships, strong HE, AP that is weaker but short fuse times, super heal at high tier, good to great concealment

Destroyers, super long hydro, absurd acceleration, interesting smoke, no speed boost, single fire torps

So breaking it down the commonly associated aspects are missing.

Cruisers lack HE 

Battleships lack the same AP performance and HP + damage mitigation

Destroyers lack the speed and smoke firing duration

This clearly means RN Carriers will not have what is commonly associated with Carriers.

This clearly means:

French speed boost, coupled with RN acceleration properties

15km range secondaries with Massachusets accuracy and built in IFHE

The most heavily armored ships making them very difficult to damage with HE and even AP except on flat broadsides

They will not possess the Defensive Fire consumable

They will have PA DD radar except with an even longer duration, American or greater

Therefore RN Carriers will be the most dangerous brawlers in the game, completely lacking a citadel and having the ability to flush ships from smoke with radar. They will also be the only OWSF capable ships due to the nature of their secondaries. Because RN and gimmicks.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,905 battles

OP, your tag "Can the Royal Navy be any more gimmicked?" annoys me, as it assumes quite a lot in the absence of any sort of stats or performance announcements AT ALL.

Let's hold off on judgement and extrapolation until we have something more substantial than a handful of pictures to work from.

Members
753 posts
10 battles

I wonder if the Royal Navy carriers will be less vulnerable to bombs because they were the only nation that had armored flight decks. 

Members
593 posts
4,875 battles

Hey WG can we pleas see the rework!? I’m really dying to know what it’s going to be. We have all heard what little they have said more action gameplay and stuff like that but what does that mean? Really just want to see it already! 

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

Based on the icons from top to bottom, left to right, I see Courageous, Audacious, Implacable, Illustrious (premium??), and Hermes. The choice of Audacious is interesting; assuming it's the British Tier 10 aircraft carrier, it's a substantially smaller vessel than the Midway.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,657 posts
9,969 battles
29 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Based on the icons from top to bottom, left to right, I see Courageous, Audacious, Implacable, Illustrious (premium??), and Hermes. The choice of Audacious is interesting; assuming it's the British Tier 10 aircraft carrier, it's a substantially smaller vessel than the Midway.

Reddit has tagged them as:

I guess Glorious Courageous Class (HMS Furious of smaller hanger than her sisters), Audacious Class, Implacable Class, HMS Indomitable (Possible Premium? Look at that Camo) Hermes Class

The Furious is only slightly different from Courageous, but would get a 36 plane 'historic' hangar. Indomitable as a premium between Illustrious and Implacable in capability makes sense, but she lacks much fame.

I'd still assume Audacious at T9 and the Malta design at T10.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
12 minutes ago, mofton said:

Reddit has tagged them as:

I guess Glorious Courageous Class (HMS Furious of smaller hanger than her sisters), Audacious Class, Implacable Class, HMS Indomitable (Possible Premium? Look at that Camo) Hermes Class

The Furious is only slightly different from Courageous, but would get a 36 plane 'historic' hangar. Indomitable as a premium between Illustrious and Implacable in capability makes sense, but she lacks much fame.

I'd still assume Audacious at T9 and the Malta design at T10.

If Audacious is Tier 9 and Implacable is Tier 8, what would fill Tier 7 then? I don't feel that Illustrious would be suitable for that. Ark Royal may work, but given her history and unique nature she will more likely become a premium.

If I were to guess, the lower tiers would look like Tier 4 Argus, Tier 5 Hermes, and Tier 6 Courageous.

Edited by DeliciousFart

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,657 posts
9,969 battles
3 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

If Audacious is Tier 9 and Implacable is Tier 8, what would fill Tier 7 then? I don't feel that Illustrious would be suitable for that. Ark Royal may work, but given her history and unique nature she will more likely become a premium.

Ark Royal or making Illustrious work would be my guesses too. The fact that Indomitable is going to be a premium (only premiums get camo in the icons) might suggest Ark, as there's not much point in two premiums near launch.

The carrier rework may shake things up enough that Illustrious could work at T7 - it's not outside the realm of possibility that the rework abolishes hangar limits say and just goes off sortie rate, as Illustrious is the 'class ship' she could have features from Indomitable too.

If Illustrious is a bad 7, at least with Malta-Audacious-Implacable those tiers look a bit more sensible, though Indom may not be up to T8.

They may not even have decided but be keeping a possible premium in reserve - as they did with RN BB with Monarch as an emergency stand-in for T8 KGV/T7 Nelson.