Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralMudkip

Icons for British CV's released (and yes, this is real)

51 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles

It's from the Reddit post. I'm not going to take any credit from it, but someone said that the CV rework is likely close. To put my two cents in it, if the CV rework is complete, it's likely going to coincide with the release of British CV's. The release of a new CV line is likely going to be after the new British DD's. 

It's possible that WG has created schematics and models for new CV lines but has kept them tight lip. The possible reason is that they want the British CV's to carry the new CV rework for everyone to play. 

Let's assume that the new CV rework doesn't happen and somehow, the current CV state is completely fine and everybody likes them. This part is solely for argument and nothing else. The reason I'm saying that is because the Royal Navy has more usage of its torpedo bombers than its dive bombers. Expect the RN CV's to use torpedo bombers as means to strike ships.

But going with the fact that they're releasing the CV rework with completely new mechanics, it's likely that any loadout we might think of is effectively useless. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles

It's happening!  Will love to try them out!  My AA Builds are eagerly anticipating this!

I wonder how "Test Bed" RN CVs are going to be :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[FGNE]
Members
308 posts
2,394 battles

0.7.9 are RN DDs it makes no sense to release two lines in one patch... but December or January patch?... I could see that coming.

Personally I would like RN CVs to have torpedo and rocket (instead of dive) bombers.

Edited by CO_Valle
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT ISLAND.

[FGNE]
Members
308 posts
2,394 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's happening!  Will love to try them out!  My AA Builds are eagerly anticipating this!

AA is likely to change too

Edited by CO_Valle

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

The cv rework was supposed to happen mid September, and we were supposed to know what it looked like (supposed to be shown at gamescom), but wg wasn't comfortable with the details. 

I dont think they are planning a british cv line, at least not before the british destroyers and Russian battleships, and Italian cruisers... which takes us 6 months in the future

Edited by _1204_
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles

A new CV line seems a big investment in resources, and having it at least in-progress (likely ships selected, researched, modeled) really means WG are doubling-down on on the long awaited 'rework' being a success.

That is a slight problem as it creates pressure on the rework to be a success and quickly to allow WG to monetize their investment in the British carriers through loot-boxes pre-release and then people spending to FXP to T10. While as it's now August 2018 and the rework was planned for 2017 I can hardly say it's been 'rushed' I would rather the actual test not be rushed, and I'd like the option on the table to say 'sorry the rework failed, let's try again or just can carriers'.

I'm not desperately excited to see a carrier line coming out, carriers are pretty niche and unpopular - Republique has accumulated more games in six months than Midway has in three years. It's arguable that releasing carrier lines is wasteful, though maybe the rework will magically make carriers about 6x more popular - to the level of the less played battleships (dubious/discuss).

Myself, I'd far rather have seen RN battlecruisers or heavy cruisers revealed.

7 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

0.7.9 are RN DDs it makes no sense to release two lines in one patch... but December or January patch?... I could see that coming.

Personally I would like RN CVs to have torpedo and rocket (instead of dive) bombers.

These have been found buried in the client for 0.7.9, no way they're going to be released with 0.7.9. Maybe 3-4 patches after. Even RN DD from a full reveal on Facebook Dev Blog will have been 3 months to loot-box release and 4 months to proper release.

6 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

What ships are they? Can anyone recognize their hulls?

From u/cwijian90 and u/syju1984:

Courageous Class (HMS Furious of smaller hanger than her sisters), Audacious Class, Implacable Class, HMS  Indomitable (Possible Premium? Look at that Camo) Hermes Class

Edited by mofton
  • Cool 1

Members
1,077 posts
4 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

From top left;

HMS Furious, HMS Audacious, HMS Implacable, HMS Indomitable, HMS Hermes

Members
499 posts
2,819 battles
22 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Right middle appears to be Implacable (T8). Bottom right with the camo (Premium?) appears to be Indomitable (T8 or T9) and above it Audacious (T9 or T10). They may do a fantasy Malta class for T10 that's not shown yet as Audacious as designed for WWII is going to be rather small and have pretty awful reserves compared to Hak or Midway.

Edited by ksix

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
39 minutes ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

if the CV rework is complete, it's likely going to coincide with the release of British CV's.

The problem with that is that a line needs to go through a testing phase, and it makes no sense to test the ships before the rework is live. So there's going to be some time between the rework going live and the ships being released.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

The problem with that is that a line needs to go through a testing phase, and it makes no sense to test the ships before the rework is live. So there's going to be some time between the rework going live and the ships being released.

maybe in this situation,the british CVs are being tested as CV rework testbeds.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

maybe in this situation,the british CVs are being tested as CV rework testbeds.

That doesn't make sense. The rework needs to be live for the Brit CVs to undergo live server testing. Or are you suggesting they have the rework but the existing CVs do not? That also doesn't make sense, as there's no base line performance to compare them against.

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

That doesn't make sense. The rework needs to be live for the Brit CVs to undergo live server testing. Or are you suggesting they have the rework but the existing CVs do not? That also doesn't make sense, as there's no base line performance to compare them against.

what's stopping them from using a new line to test a rework that might completely change the way CVs are played,maybe even the AA of ships might get some rework.

the way i see it,it's a little silly to compare the british CVs with other lines since the objective of the rework is to change the CV mechanic from something less RTS. so if everything will be changed,i'm just gonna throw all current CV stats through the window.

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

Ah. That makes sense. 

I really should have said this:  if the CV rework goes through, this means that WG is more than ready to showcase the Royal Navy CV's. That includes supertesting, public beta testing, etc. Currently, they are unable to do so because the current CV state is terrible. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

what's stopping them from using a new line to test a rework that might completely change the way CVs are played,maybe even the AA of ships might get some rework

Simple. If you're going to test a complete rework of their gameplay, you need to start from established baseline performance - IE, ships you know how they perform - to see how the game play rework affects their performance.

Likewise, if you're going to introduce a new line of ships, you need to test them in a meta that offers predictable results for the ships you're comparing them to.

Combining the testing of a new line with the testing of a rework how they work introduces too many variables. Performance variances could be down to the meta rework or ship balancing issues. For proper testing, you need to eliminate variables as much as possible.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,187 posts
7,584 battles

Well, I'm going to try my hand at identifying these babies:

Upper Left: Glorious-class, probably the tier VI

Upper Right: I want to say Illustrious-class, if so tier VII

Middle Left: Probably Implacable if the previous entry is Illustrious, tier VIII

Middle Right: I'm gonna guess Ark Royal since, given it's fame wargaming would probably want to take advantage of this distinction and release it as the current trend of line premiums (Gascogne for French BBs, Boise for American CLs, Cossack for British DDs)

Bottom: Hermes-class, probably tier IV or V

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Middle Right: I'm gonna guess Ark Royal since, given it's fame wargaming would probably want to take advantage of this distinction and release it as the current trend of line premiums (Gascogne for French BBs, Boise for American CLs, Cossack for British DDs)

Makes sense for that one to be a premium, the icon has camo on it. Tech tree ships don't, premium ships do.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,439 posts
6,631 battles
51 minutes ago, mofton said:

I'm not desperately excited to see a carrier line coming out, carriers are pretty niche and unpopular

What a surprise, I thought you were a die hard CV fan. You need to express your dislike, voir hate, of CVs, more often.

I for one am looking forward to the new RN cvs, so very much overdue. I can't wait to be commanding these fine vessels, torping and bombing here there and every battle, with joy and abandon. (However the rework turns out).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles
4 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well, I'm going to try my hand at identifying these babies:

Upper Left: Glorious-class, probably the tier VI

Upper Right: I want to say Illustrious-class, if so tier VII

Middle Left: Probably Implacable if the previous entry is Illustrious, tier VIII

Bottom: Hermes-class, probably tier IV or V

From u/cwijian90 and u/syju1984:

Top left: Courageous Class (HMS Furious of smaller hanger than her sisters),

Top right: Audacious Class,

Middle left: Implacable Class,

Middle right: HMS  Indomitable (Possible Premium? Look at that Camo)

Bottom: Hermes Class

Audacious makes sense as she's also been seen recently in the Pin-Up video.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Simple. If you're going to test a complete rework of their gameplay, you need to start from established baseline performance - IE, ships you know how they perform - to see how the game play rework affects their performance.

Likewise, if you're going to introduce a new line of ships, you need to test them in a meta that offers predictable results for the ships you're comparing them to.

Combining the testing of a new line with the testing of a rework how they work introduces too many variables. Performance variances could be down to the meta rework or ship balancing issues. For proper testing, you need to eliminate variables as much as possible.

i understand,but what if the "established baseline performance" is not good data?i mean that's the whole point of the CV rework,from what we common players can understand.

the point is...

i think the british CVs are "laboratory rats",they keep the parameters of usn,ijn and german CVs and  use them as a established baseline performance for the CV rework,the rework itself use the british CVs to test X and Y. if the rework is good,they won't need to spend so much time with the british CV testing,i can't think of any "gimmick" for the british CVs for example.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Bad 1

[FGNE]
Members
308 posts
2,394 battles

I think it is unlikely that both CV modes (current and rework) will go live simultaneously, so at best they'll have several PTS cycles to try and balance ALL new and existing CVs (USN, IJN, KMS, and RN) since it is likely that all forms of air/AA engagements will change.

Given the above, the current stats will be useful to compare the rework itself, but not useful to decide on ship-balancing; WG will likely have to take its chances on ship balancing for the rework.

... of course, given how little we know of the rework and its features this is all speculation.

Edited by CO_Valle
Forgot KMS CV

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

*sigh* You just keep thinking what you're thinking, Cruxdei. I've explained why they won't coincide. If that's not enough explanation for you, that's fine.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles
2 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

What a surprise, I thought you were a die hard CV fan. You need to express your dislike, voir hate, of CVs, more often.

I for one am looking forward to the new RN cvs, so very much overdue. I can't wait to be commanding these fine vessels, torping and bombing here there and every battle, with joy and abandon. (However the rework turns out).

Wargaming - 'Carriers are pretty broken and need a major rework'

Playerbase - 'right on! yeah can't argue with that'

Also playerbase - barely bothers to play carriers.

mofton - 'Carriers are pretty broken and need a major rework and I don't like them'

DarthZeppelin - 'Oh mofton you do hate on carriers too much'

Weird.

Sign in to follow this