Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

ranked?

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles

is it just for t10? i see the prem shop selling "ranked bundles" of ships but they are t8's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-10/ has all the info.  Starts at Tier 8 but moves to Tier 10 pretty quickly.

^This

WG is trying to squeeze out some additional money from sales of T8 Premium ships in Ranked bundles even though those ships can only be used in the initial stages of Ranked, between Rank 23 and Rank 16.  

If you find a good deal for ships that you're always wanted in this bundles, then by all means purchase them, just as long as you know their actual usefulness to you in Ranked is going to be pretty modest (or if you ranked at rank 9 last season, non-existent).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
3 minutes ago, Summon3r said:

guess if you dont have a t10 your screwed?

Basically yes. Unless you can get to 10 fast enough to still have time to play ranked before it ends. Be sure to thank wargaming on your way out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
368 posts
5,203 battles
5 minutes ago, Summon3r said:

guess if you dont have a t10 your screwed?

Kind of like if you don’t have a T8 and its T8 Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[CWGC]
Members
775 posts
2,383 battles
Just now, Sethanas said:

Basically yes. Unless you can get to 10 fast enough to still have time to play ranked before it ends. Be sure to thank wargaming on your way out.

lol ya making ranked t10 seems like a good way to exclude a decent percentage of their player base. that said its my own fault for not grinding a t10 after as many battles as i have played. just not a huge fan of high tier play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
Just now, Summon3r said:

lol ya making ranked t10 seems like a good way to exclude a decent percentage of their player base.

Shameless cash grab imho, they probably get a rather large amount of people using free xp to reach t10 because of the deadline.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
368 posts
5,203 battles
2 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

Shameless cash grab imho, they probably get a rather large amount of people using free xp to reach t10 because of the deadline.

If ranked was all T8 and WG put a bunch in the shop, that would have been a cash grab.

If ranked was all T6 right after releasing the T-61, that would have been called a cash grab.

T7? Nelson and Scharnhorst and their new camos.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen T5 for ranked outside of rank 1.  

So not entirely sure what wouldn’t be called a cash grab by a fair few in the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
20 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

So not entirely sure what wouldn’t be called a cash grab by a fair few in the forums.

People can buy the premiums if they want, but putting ranked at t10 twice in a row is they best way to exclude as many players as possible, and the time limit will make many free xp tier 10s.

The sheer quantity of players that are without tier 10s is far higher than any other tier (obviously) so odds of getting people to free xp stuff is higher than any other tier, I have no doubt that more free xp was used by people trying to get into ranked last season than any season before it and that's hardly a contentious statement.

My guess is they did so well last season that they decided to give it another go. I personally don't care, I have all but 4 of the non premium t10s, but I can still see this for what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
368 posts
5,203 battles
2 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

People can buy the premiums if they want, but putting ranked at t10 twice in a row is they best way to exclude as many players as possible, and the time limit will make many free xp tier 10s.

The sheer quantity of players that are without tier 10s is far higher than any other tier (obviously) so odds of getting people to free xp stuff is higher than any other tier, I have no doubt that more free xp was used by people trying to get into ranked last season than any season before it and that's hardly a contentious statement.

My guess is they did so well last season that they decided to give it another go. I personally don't care, I have all but 4 of the non premium t10s, but I can still see this for what it is.

This does not rebut my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,243 battles

You can still get a decent amount of goodies getting up to rank 15, so even if you don't have any t10s you may still want to give it a go for as much as you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles
3 hours ago, Summon3r said:

lol ya making ranked t10 seems like a good way to exclude a decent percentage of their player base. that said its my own fault for not grinding a t10 after as many battles as i have played. just not a huge fan of high tier play.

I wasn't either..... until I ran up the French BB line.  Makes for much nicer high tier play when you have ships that click with you.  My average damage output in the Republique is 22K points higher (88K) than my next highest ship  - the Alsace.  Since I just started the Republique my WR is not great but it should bounce up as long as I play it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
433
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,910 posts
3,297 battles

Tier 8 for ranks 23-16. Tier 10 for ranks 15-2. Tier 5, for Rank 1. I am currently at Rank 14, and I am 1 loss away from dropping back to rank 15. and depending how today goes, I may be stuck at rank 15 this time around. I am okay with that, because I have very little care about the steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×