Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MasterCeltic

Cherry Blossom - Need Help

16 comments in this topic

[BUF]
Members
7 posts
1,902 battles

It's for Tier 8 Cruisers only from US, USSR, UK and France. I don't have a Tier 8 Crusier.. (or any cruiser near Tier 8) so I go to the premium shop to see what I can find. 

There are no US, USSR, UK or French Cruisers from Tier 8 for sale? I want to buy a ship to use in the mission but ...  missed opportunity for sales WoW.  

I can't help you if you don't help me... so.. gimme a ship to buy so I can run experience this mission... hurry please. 

Thanks!

MasterCeltic

[PVE]
Members
491 posts
4,060 battles

Honestly I don't think there are any that were not permanently removed from sale.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[TBW]
Members
6,291 posts
11,844 battles
29 minutes ago, MasterCeltic said:

It's for Tier 8 Cruisers only from US, USSR, UK and France. I don't have a Tier 8 Crusier.. (or any cruiser near Tier 8) so I go to the premium shop to see what I can find. 

There are no US, USSR, UK or French Cruisers from Tier 8 for sale? I want to buy a ship to use in the mission but ...  missed opportunity for sales WoW.  

I can't help you if you don't help me... so.. gimme a ship to buy so I can run experience this mission... hurry please. 

Thanks!

MasterCeltic

The only Premium that you can use in there is Kutuzov and they don't sell it anymore (too OP?). You can do different operations with divisions of at least 4 people (I would suggest 6 or 7 though) Discord is a good place to find operation divisions. Hoperations channel in particular.

There are only 6 ships you can use in Cherry Blossom.

shot-18_08.30_12_44.48-0809.thumb.jpg.dbc6087cb951cd5ced7dc4a21d72c227.jpg

It doesn't take that long to get to one of them, especially if you grind the tier 6 and 7 ships in other scenarios.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[BUF]
Members
7 posts
1,902 battles

Thanks for the information. That's so unfortunate.. I went BB on my initial climb to X.. I've been working on CV since then... and I haven't spent much experience on CA line and figured if there was something I wanted to do (i.e., Cherry Blossom), I'd probably just buy it to plug the hole. This is a marketing and sales mistake IMO. I'd buy whatever allows me to run the mission, but can't because of a missed opportunity. 

There is still time to rectify this Wargaming! 

[CVA16]
Members
2,155 posts
9,604 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There are only 6 ships you can use in Cherry Blossom.

So which one(s) fit the mission best? Lots of aircraft so AA is a must. Lots of smoke and low light so radar is good (Most eligible ships have it).

[CVA16]
Members
2,155 posts
9,604 battles
10 minutes ago, MasterCeltic said:

This is a marketing and sales mistake IMO.

Since WG tries to avoid nerfing premiums, their only solution when one  is found to be OP is to stop selling it. It is kind of strange there are no Allied T8 cruisers for sale. Guess they have a problem not making the T8 premiums OP.

Figure the Stalingrad will have to be pulled eventually. Guess they have trouble making balanced T10 premiums too.

Edited by Sabot_100

[TBW]
Members
6,291 posts
11,844 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

So which one(s) fit the mission best? Lots of aircraft so AA is a must. Lots of smoke and low light so radar is good (Most eligible ships have it).

You probably want at least two heavy cruisers in a division. It can still be done with all light cruisers though. I like Cleveland and Kutuzov the best. For anything you need to know about each Operation @Lightninger 's YouTube is the place to go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85uXS6bvbFqp7Y7L5QeYIQ

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,407 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You probably want at least two heavy cruisers in a division. It can still be done with all light cruisers though. I like Cleveland and Kutuzov the best. For anything you need to know about each Operation @Lightninger 's YouTube is the place to go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85uXS6bvbFqp7Y7L5QeYIQ

Thanks for promoting my YouTube channel. Part of making it has been to help others obviously.

18 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Are you solo queuing into the operation or have others to division up with? Do you want pointers on what ships do what best? Technically I would so there is no best as each ship has their strengths.

Does anyone want a sample of a full replay video or short tactics video to see what to do in this operation?

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,334 battles

All of the operations are available so you can look at them to see the requirements! So @MasterCeltic it appears Poor Planning on your Part has Pooped on your Parade!

My free Kutuzov kicks butt in this Scenario but my hard earned Baltimore and Cleveland don't do so well. Short Main Gun range! Yes my Kutuzov was free and I love it!

[CVA16]
Members
2,155 posts
9,604 battles
1 hour ago, Lightninger said:

Does anyone want a sample of a full replay video or short tactics video to see what to do in this operation?

The short tactics video would be appreciated. I most often will be a solo, occasionally a division.

I would have thought that a Baltimore (with radar and great AA) would bring more than the Martel. Can't really play the long range kiting style. To me, faster turrets and shooting is also better. Scenarios are always target-rich environments.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,407 battles
6 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The short tactics video would be appreciated. I most often will be a solo, occasionally a division.

I would have thought that a Baltimore (with radar and great AA) would bring more than the Martel. Can't really play the long range kiting style. To me, faster turrets and shooting is also better. Scenarios are always target-rich environments.

Since you mention Baltimore, which is a heavy cruiser, here is a simple tactics video for heavy cruiser.

Anyone running a heavy cruiser, whether Charles Martel or Baltimore, should be using AP on the stationary Myokos for getting citadel hits. The Charles Martel works especially well for this now with the addition of the Main Battery Reload Booster.

As for long range kiting, you aren't necessarily doing that. I can give you a full replay of myself in a bugged version of Cherry Blossom in the Charles Martel and I am definitely not doing any kiting. The Baltimore is good with radar and AA, but the Charles Martel is stronger in other things, like better range, better shell arcs, speed boost consumable, and now main batter reload.

Beta Testers
1,561 posts
3,887 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

You need some heavy cruisers to deal with Myokos (2 at the beginning, 3 at the start of the second engagement and then more spawn in) and Aobas (same deal, but the 2 at the beginning roll in a little later).  Two is good, three is probably better.

If there are enough CL's/CA's with radar, having a couple of Martels is not a liability.  I think the only CL's that wouldn't have radar would be an A-Hull Chapayev, or an Edinburgh running a smoke module.  But, if you know someone is taking Edinburgh beforehand, have them switch that out for radar - it is much more useful in the Op than smoke.

[BUF]
Members
7 posts
1,902 battles

@CAPTMUDDXXNot poor planing on my part, I simply made a decision, because XP is limited, to go for BB first. I'm merely a customer but I do own a small business. If I were to make something available to my customers however that had a vertical requirement, you can bet I would have an item in my store that would solve their needs. That's business 101.  

There is still time left, I hope Wargaming rectifies this issue and provides me with a way to play this scenario. Maybe I'm just a hopeless Capitalist.. 

Should that be the case, I hope I can count on some of you from this thread joining me in my virgin run. I've watched the video and ready to go... :cap_tea:

Edited by MasterCeltic

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,334 battles

@MasterCeltic these scenarios are rotated so it will be back in a few weeks and they are available for division play also! I too chose to go BBs also then found I had so many credits, free XP and doubloons in store maxing the US CA lines was a breeze right through tier 10. With enough left over for US and IJN CVs and I still haven't spent it all!

[WORX]
Members
1,623 posts
12,629 battles

From just my humble observation from last night. IF you don;t have a premium cruiser, The Cleveland is the ideal ship for this operation. Its was not uncommon to see a fleet made of all Clevelands. If you can get a Clelends then its a start

Sign in to follow this