You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KamiSamurai

0.7.9 Public Test Bug Reports

61 comments in this topic

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
12,624 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.9 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test): 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

• Angry 1

[PIZZA]
Beta Testers
93 posts
7,375 battles

Hey Kami

Just something minor, the US and German captains names from within the Arsenal are the wrong way around. Screen shot  attached

Hobo

2018-08-30 (1).png

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
12,624 battles
24 minutes ago, HoboCadet said:

Hey Kami

Just something minor, the US and German captains names from within the Arsenal are the wrong way around. Screen shot  attached

Hobo

2018-08-30 (1).png

Thanks and noted.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
3 hours ago, xavier_556 said:

texture bug
shot-18_08.30_15_16.55-0401.thumb.jpg.f337b1fbd4d731c196abb5c037335969.jpg

Yeah I got this too.  Also the Hall of Fame leaderboard is not localized.  Everything else is in English but that is in Russian still.

[STP]
Members
239 posts
8,171 battles

The whole Clan part is in Russian too, but that's not very important because it's PTS and that's easy to solve.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
22 minutes ago, xavier_556 said:

The whole Clan part is in Russian too, but that's not very important because it's PTS and that's easy to solve.

it wasn't for me so maybe they have done part of the English but not the Portuguese.

image.thumb.png.c419139a4983c35a0c066533c86e1845.png

Though this picture does show another issue I forgot about.  I had a blank clan chat from the old PTS clan I was in.  Then when I made this one now I have 2 clan chats and I can't get rid of either.  They are identical.  If i put in a message at the top I get the same message in both.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
155 posts
5,022 battles

Same on two of the above errors.   Color rendering is wrong on the torps and deck gear.....web link to service the clan page is unavailable.

[NBGC]
Members
329 posts
3,565 battles

Cannot access credits, doubloons, or tech tree ships. I tried restarting the client and same issue. Started after I researched the Harugumo. I can't buy Harugumo either.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 8.34.32 PM.png

EDIT: Now after restarting twice, it let me purchase Harugumo. Weird server stuff going on.

Edited by Rpkscout1

[-TFC-]
Members
35 posts
1,084 battles

also premium account not working. basically public test server is broken and needs fixed please. I am running an integrity check on my client to make sure it isn't on my end.

update: after integrity check I can now access clan though I had to re-create clan as original clan was dis-banned with the update of the test server. also  premium account and rest of stuff now works.

Edited by rlb171

[LF]
Members
104 posts

I can't sign in to the PTS at all. I did change my password on my live server account about three days ago. I tried both old and new PW on PTS, no go with either of them.

I tried to use Kami's suggested WG Check Tool. It didn't work. I downloaded the zip file and ran the exe file. This is what it said: "The client checking was not performed."

Suggestions?

Members
2 posts
4,591 battles

I had a glitchy day on Public test.

1st, the game credits, and doubloons froze when I was trying to convert some free experience.  I had to close the game client and restart the game...

Then, after running a few more battles, the game froze when I was opening a crate.  

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,671 battles

Maybe I missed the memo, or the item in either the PTS annoucement or the Developer article for 0.7.9, but the Black Swan had HE in the #2 position and was throwing HE in the battle I played in her.

The Artillery details for the ship also specify HE only.

This appears to be desired, but I cannot find this documented anywhere.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,628 battles

I cannot get into the PTS. The client load till short before the login screen should show and stopped. Tried it 5 times and use already the repair function.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,628 battles
3 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Maybe I missed the memo, or the item in either the PTS annoucement or the Developer article for 0.7.9, but the Black Swan had HE in the #2 position and was throwing HE in the battle I played in her.

The Artillery details for the ship also specify HE only.

This appears to be desired, but I cannot find this documented anywhere.

The change to HE came with patch 7.8.

[DJC]
Members
6 posts
2,530 battles

Played a lot on Co-op and random, no issues till now with american and german ships till Tier IX , game running smoothly so far, but then , played Operation Dynamo with Ferragut, finished an got back to the Port and noticed I couldnt change my ship to keep playing, worst, nothing using the lef button of the mouse was working, had to do ctl+alt+del to close the game.  WGcheck only goes to the official game, not public test, cant get python log.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,045 battles

Saw a problem in Arms Race. Right in the middle of the screen is the memo "Press H to view the list of buffs." However, pressing H only brings up the usual stats menu. I don't know if the buffs are added to this list, but if so, it's not a great method, as people would have to dig through the list and notice which stats are changed. I'm guessing that this is more of a bug like the Shift to zoom message a while back. Screenshots attached, though the same problem occurred all the time.

Not pressing H

shot-18_08.30_20_35.13-0358.thumb.jpg.d695d1fbe9a79fe09a77a7d2d4c0f3e5.jpg

Pressing H

shot-18_08.30_20_35.15-0724.thumb.jpg.bb9bf8e639a1d501a98eb098227316df.jpg

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
12,624 battles

PSA: Public Test should be back up. Please let me know if it is not for you. Thanks.

[TF77V]
Members
10 posts
5,204 battles

Before an arms race battle and during battle if you press tab, the Buff area icons are listed as Biffs. Is that a spelling error or are they biffs?

I keep getting stuff for combat missions that I could not find. If you are too, I found them in the Royal Navy Tab. 

When the arms race draws the big circle in the middle it says to "capture the kea area" kea instead of key

Edited by navydataman

[NEON]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
31 posts
4,106 battles

the "Tips" text its black and small

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.08.31 - 22.35.17.64.png