You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Enough already with the stealth Premium Time

105 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

I hate to appear ungrateful, but c'mon, WG, there must be some way to prevent the wasting of Premium Time.

I happened to log into my account -- an account with no Premium Time -- and found that I had obtained some PT from somewhere and it was rapidly expiring.  Several hours wasted of a gift I didn't even know I had received.  If I had logged in tomorrow, it would have been gone.  Quite a gift.

I see two a few solutions:

1. Notify the player that he has received a gift of PT.
  2. When there is no current PT running, start the gift on the next login.
  3. Issue the Premium Time through the Rewards system, where the player must actively claim the reward.  Then drop email saying so. [added]
  4. Issue a single-use code. [added]

Time is the most precious thing we have.  Let us not waste it.

Edited by iDuckman
New idea 3) 4)
  • Cool 7

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:
  1. When there is no current PT running, start the gift on the next login.

I do believe this happens now.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles
Just now, DeathLord1969 said:

He means prem time not pub test

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

He means prem time not pub test

Yes, I know. Prem time does not activate until I log in.

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
211 posts
3,325 battles

Or better yet they could let us choose when to activate premium time instead of wasting it.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,708 battles
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I hate to appear ungrateful, but c'mon, WG, there must be some way to prevent the wasting of Premium Time.

I happened to log into my account -- an account with no Premium Time -- and found that I had obtained some PT from somewhere and it was rapidly expiring.  Several hours wasted of a gift I didn't even know I had received.  If I had logged in tomorrow, it would have been gone.  Quite a gift.

I see two solutions:

Yeah absolutely ridiculous, I made a post about the missing day we were all to get from the anniversary collection sent a ticket in got a message back from support saying we are looking into please be patient.

Meanwhile back on the thread I made the DEVs are looking into it then there telling us we will start issuing days out to accounts OK that's fine and all but contrary to MYTHS and LEGENDS not everybody lives and breaths by the computer.

Not everybody sits in front of one 24/7 and specially with WOWS on, don't get me wrong I'm playing it just about every day but not all day, its now 5.58 pm my time as I write this post I now have 10 hours left of 1 day of premium time that means that 4 AM this morning while I slept and the fact that support said they would get back to me on the matter some one went ahead and issued me 1 days premium time but chose not to inform me of it, now I have lost 14 hours.

A email would have been great maybe even a email with a code to activate might have been better.

I may not have played those 14 hours but I would at least played half of it.

Well done team     

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles
29 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

No, it doesn't.  PT dropped (and started) about 6 hours before I logged in.

26 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Yes, I know. Prem time does not activate until I log in.

Sorry, but you're wrong. PT starts the moment it is credited to the account.

Edited by iDuckman

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,764 posts
5,805 battles

I was fortunate to lose only 3 hrs....played one game, won and got nothing for it, was smart enough to not play another game, came back 3 hrs later when the game was fixed and the PT clock was down to 18 hrs

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
3 hours ago, QinsCoCoPops said:

Or better yet they could let us choose when to activate premium time instead of wasting it.

If I purchase a 24-hour fishing permit I can't save it until I decide to go fishing or parse it out into increments based on only the exact moments that I have a bait in the water. A temporary fishing permit is only valid for the time period specified and that time period starts the moment the permit is issued. Premium time works much the same way.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[CAST]
Members
1,149 posts
7,146 battles

If you purchase premium time, you know when it is purchased, so you know when it is starting.  When it is issued and you don't know it is issued, it gets wasted.  I have had this happen in the past.  Played a game on the public test server, earned premium time but didn't know it, logged off and went to bed.  Logged into the normal game the next night to discover 2 hours remaining on my free premium time.  I have also earned free premium time in the game at the end of the day and didn't know it because I ended game and went to bed as soon as I got killed.  I only discovered it the next day when I logged in, and most of it was gone.

Now that I have premium time any freebies just add onto the total.  But I do agree with others that premium time should be a voucher or something that could be activated when you want it.  WG could even put an expiry date on the voucher if they wanted players to use is sooner than later.  At least you would have some knowledge of when it was being used.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
283 posts
9,572 battles

Yesterday when all of the unresolved nonsense was taking place, when we were getting no credit for games played, my 24 free premium time activated somehow. Since I saw the game was not crediting my wins in ranked I stopped playing after three or so games. I checked the forums and found the devs were working on it but it took hours, hours of wasted premium time. But we'll get an anniversary crate or something as compensation. With everything going on at the same time they should just give us another day of premium time for free, and they can keep that underwhelming crate. 

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
211 posts
3,325 battles
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If I purchase a 24-hour fishing permit I can't save it until I decide to go fishing or parse it out into increments based on only the exact moments that I have a bait in the water. A temporary fishing permit is only valid for the time period specified and that time period starts the moment the permit is issued. Premium time works much the same way.

Your argument is Irrelevant because a fishing license is important to protect the environment so it is not over fished or damaged by idiots that would simply fish where and when ever they want without thinking about what they are doing. This is a game and does not get damaged by players using the premium time they purchase when they want to and WG would find they would sell more premium time if that premium time was flexible in this way. They may run down the same way but they are far from the same and WG want to make money with premium time and all they need to do is make it flexible or offer a version that can be activated each day it is used but may also cost a bit more so players with far less time to play could still get there monies worth. If you don't understand that then I can't help you.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
9 minutes ago, QinsCoCoPops said:

Your argument is Irrelevant 

Well, then let me present this from a purely economic viewpoint. WG is selling you a certain amount of time when they agree to enhance XP and credit returns. It is not in their best interests to let you use this time whenever you want. If you don't like the way they handle Premium time then don't purchase any. The company's "bean counters" undoubtedly have looked into the matter and found the most profitable way to do this. If people were not purchasing Premium time then things would change.

If you buy Premium time then you should know what you purchased. It's not incumbent on a company to hold your hand, spoon-feed you information, wipe your mouth afterwards, change your diaper, and then tuck you into bed with a kiss goodnight. If Premium time is gifted then you might want to be able to use it in a certain way but it's ain't gonna happen. If you don't like the way Premium time is gifted to you then tough luck, that's the way it is.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
17,667 posts
5,082 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

If I purchase a 24-hour fishing permit I can't save it until I decide to go fishing....

No, but neither does the local Ministry of Environment office say, "hey, I bet Snargfargle wants to go fishing tomorrow, let's leave a permit in his mailbox".

I know some people complain about purchased premium not being pausable, but that's not this. This is about awarded premium.

I'm not one to complain about free stuff, but I almost always run a free account. That means shrewd planning of resource use. I played three Ranked games at lunch yesterday, and because after I died in the second game, our team somehow reached right down defeat's gullet and snatched victory out its colon, (yes, the situation was that bad) winning the third game took me immediately to Rank 15, and my free 24 hrs of premium commenced.

Luckily, the wife and kidlet were gone for the night, so I could come home after work and get full use of the premium, but had that been a regular night, and my lunchtime the next day occurred an hour later, I would have got no use from that premium.

Mind you, I'm not complaining, free is free. But some kind of activation requirement would be a nice QoL add. (even just to start it, not to "pause" it)

Currently, sometimes the free premium reward is like giving a vampire on a cruise a free daytime excursion.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 2

[3COWS]
Members
90 posts
6,013 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I see two solutions:

Wargame need to only tick away at premium time when you are logged in. 
They know you have to sleep, they know you have to work. 

It is designed to make money off you. 

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,170 battles
13 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

It is designed to make money off you. 

Especially when it’s free...

Members
1,766 posts
17,303 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

But you're not gonna buy a fishing permit at a time you are not gonna use it...you're gonna buy it when you plan to use it & use it at that time...same goes for premium time that you buy...but this wasn't bought premium time...it was a "reward for a WG snafu" & they kinda "snafued" it in the way they passed it out.

This was premium time given because the rewards for the anniversary collection were different than what they said they were gonna be & it started out as a reward that you could activate when you wanted the same way as you would activate your PT rewards (it was even the same link as the PT rewards) but the link got messed up & instead of being able to turn it in when you wanted to they just manually credited it to everybody's account & it instantly activated.

Unfortunately a lot of people logged in to only a few hours left of premium time because they were not aware they were going to do that.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,223 posts
8,002 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You can buy fishing licenses for future dates in some states, Texas for example. 

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,969 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Our province has a free fishing weekend once a year where you can fish without a license. The one year there were a lot of forest fires and extremely heavy smoke over most of the province on that weekend (visibility was 2 blocks in my town) and they actually had another free fishing weekend later that summer because people weren't really able to take advantage of it the first time 

They didn't have to and it was not their fault, and it was nothing in their control, but they did it anyways. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,712 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You can purchase for a future time.  Last year I purchased a fishing license for Florida about 6 weeks before I planned to use it. 

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
512 posts
5,073 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

Yeah absolutely ridiculous, I made a post about the missing day we were all to get from the anniversary collection sent a ticket in got a message back from support saying we are looking into please be patient.

Meanwhile back on the thread I made the DEVs are looking into it then there telling us we will start issuing days out to accounts OK that's fine and all but contrary to MYTHS and LEGENDS not everybody lives and breaths by the computer.

Not everybody sits in front of one 24/7 and specially with WOWS on, don't get me wrong I'm playing it just about every day but not all day, its now 5.58 pm my time as I write this post I now have 10 hours left of 1 day of premium time that means that 4 AM this morning while I slept and the fact that support said they would get back to me on the matter some one went ahead and issued me 1 days premium time but chose not to inform me of it, now I have lost 14 hours.

A email would have been great maybe even a email with a code to activate might have been better.

I may not have played those 14 hours but I would at least played half of it.

Well done team     

So You guys are complaining about getting free premium time? They gave out the day of premium as a good gesture cause the issue yesterday. I understand that people don't wanna waste premium time, but really? Unless you don't sleep and plan to use every hour of a 1 day premium account, there will always be some of it not used cause people sleep or have other things to do. But complaining about it seems a little ungrateful and rude.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,969 battles
12 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

So You guys are complaining about getting free premium time? They gave out the day of premium as a good gesture cause the issue yesterday. I understand that people don't wanna waste premium time, but really? Unless you don't sleep and plan to use every hour of a 1 day premium account, there will always be some of it not used cause people sleep or have other things to do. But complaining about it seems a little ungrateful and rude.

It wasn't for the issue yesterday.... It was for another issue last weekend.... And I think they said when it would be given out and it was given out later than that. Giving gifts that are useless to people are useless gifts. 

I wouldn't be impressed if someone sent me a get well gift if I was sick and it was a 18th century blood letting kit.... I'm not going to use it, so gratefulness for the persons gift would only be put on. 

Finding out someone gifted you a 2018 golf club membership today would be slightly annoying since you weren't able to use it most of the summer because you didn't know about it. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
1 hour ago, groomsiebelle said:

You can purchase for a future time.  Last year I purchased a fishing license for Florida about 6 weeks before I planned to use it. 

Correct, but the clock still starts ticking at the specified date and time. Premium time in WOWS starts the moment it's purchased. To keep track of the tens of thousands of Premium purchases and when each player wanted theirs to start would be unnecessarily cumbersome. If you want Premium time for a week from now then buy it a week from now.

If WG gives a gift of free Premium time, I think that it's more than a little presumptuous of those receiving the gift to demand that they control how and when the gift is applied to their account, don't you think? 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1