Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Man those big BBs can soak up the damage

9 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

Nine torps hit in a single salvo and no sinking. Then six more hit a second ship and again no sinking. I did sink a Shimi but that was with guns. Those big BBs can sure soak up the damage. This makes me wonder who so many are so afraid of pushing caps. These guys weren't. Of course it was 3-1 too. I held my cap until the time ran out though.

shot-18_08.29_19_09.13-0200.thumb.jpg.54c609ef772e10bfc3301560d67a9fce.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
840 posts
9,479 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Nine torps hit in a single salvo and no sinking. Then six more hit a second ship and again no sinking. I did sink a Shimi but that was with guns. Those big BBs can sure soak up the damage. This makes me wonder who so many are so afraid of pushing caps. These guys weren't. Of course it was 3-1 too. I held my cap until the time ran out though.

what an incredible game mister!

BB's are afraid to push because of Snargfargle, you monster.

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles
Just now, Gerbertz said:

what an incredible game mister!

BB's are afraid to push because of Snargfargle, you monster.

If I could do this consistently, wouldn't it be nice. :cap_yes:  

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,495 posts
2,050 battles

Yup, BBs can take a beating. Trust me though, try going against more than one or 2 ships and especially at high tiers your health will just evaporate.

However, I like to use that tanking ability. Park myself in the cap and dare the reds to take it. Race out at the beginning of the match, get their attention, then kite away, heal up damage, all while distracting them from the team (hopefully) doing something useful like capping. A BB has presence, a full HP BB will scare off many players from forcing a flank, cap, etc. Heck, I'll even take my AL up against a few DDs. Already this ranked season I've had to be the one chasing DDs off the cap. Just hit rank 15, so I'll have to be more careful in my MT. But, allow yourself to get flanked or focused by a couple ships and you're going down quick.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Depends on the BB and if any area of the BB is damage soaked - I am willing to bet several hit damaged soaked parts of the BB.

But a great game none the less!

Edited by CylonRed

[ICBM]
Members
300 posts
4,849 battles

Great game, man. Congrats. And, yeah. I've had weird torp experiences. Once hit a Shimi with five torps from my khab in one salvo and it still didn't die. Guess it's the damage saturation thing. 

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
58 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Mercy sakes! That's a helluva game pard! Grats!

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,103 battles

Dang dood...your nickname could be "Hurricane Snargfargle" with all the flooding you did in this one great job! Your a category 5...I'll watch out for you in my Montana.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,237 battles

Great game, congrats! 

I would guess the part of the BB you were hitting had hit its damage saturation point so subsequent torps didnt do any damage. 

Just a guess... 

Sign in to follow this