You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Lord_Scott_

Supply Lines Event

69 comments in this topic

Members
567 posts

This event confuses me.

In the description it states your clan needs to register and then the players also need to register.

It also States your game stats need to be public.

In the description it says you will play other clans according to your Stats.

But the General Consensus States it will be held in randoms as Individual players.

Please WG Staff Clarify this and tell us Exactly what is required to play this Event, What "teams will be required" if any.

Is this a Clan Effort or an Individual Effort?

Your Exact Reply would be Appreciated.

WG Staff need only reply. 

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 7:09 PM, _Lord_Scott_ said:

This event confuses me.

In the description it states your clan needs to register and then the players also need to register.

It also States your game stats need to be public.

In the description it says you will play other clans according to your Stats.

But the General Consensus States it will be held in randoms as Individual players.

Please WG Staff Clarify this and tell us Exactly what is required to play this Event, What "teams will be required" if any.

Is this a Clan Effort or an Individual Effort?

Your Exact Reply would be Appreciated.

WG Staff need only reply. 

Your Clan Command Staff (Cmdr, Deputy Cmdrs & Recuiters) can sign up your clan for this PvP event.

At each stage, when a player is ready to make attempts to reach the damage targets, they need to go to http://proships.ru/stat/na/ow/, to 'register' (i.e. start the collection of the damage done) and play their ships to try and reach the damage targets (see below). Reaching a damage target gives a star, but each damage target can only be counted once for stars. The player will need to 'register' each stage (weekend) to try and hit the damage targets and get stars.

If you stats are set to private, then you can not compete in the event. Probably due to how the damage targets hits are being collected from the API is my guess.

The clans will be matched up on what sounds like a Clan rating for all the players without hidden stats (averaged stats most likely). So clans of roughly the same stats will be paired together to compete, if possible.

If your clan does not win, your clan gets 400 oil. If your clan wins vs the other clan, your clan gets 800 oil. For every 10 stars your players collect, your clan gets 60 oil. So collecting stars (hitting damage targets) will most likely give the most oil.

It is both an individual event and clan event. Your clan has to sign up. All of your members who reach the damage targets, after registering each stage, contribute stars towards your victory or defeat over the other clan. Of the two clans competing, the one with the most stars wins.  

Damage targets. They are for every full line and tier.

anYtOTq.jpg

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 2

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,420 battles

Simple and specific enough!

[STW-D]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
1,646 posts
5,006 battles

I would like to comment only that people distrust any website that isn't worldofwarships.com for many reasons not the least of which are account and gold scams.  Having to register on a third party site, much less a .ru extension freaks people out.  Legitimate as the event may be, it's causing a lot of questions and concern.  Please consider that for future events.

• Cool 3

[DPG]
Members
124 posts
7,874 battles

And more thorough descriptions - there was so little information of the actual format - How many missions/attempts each player gers - they did not specifically say Random battles, so do ranked count? 

Great idea, but terrible execution over all - We can't read minds - A lot of my clan members said it is too much random unknown and they have opted out. 

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
21 hours ago, Karandar said:

And more thorough descriptions - there was so little information of the actual format - How many missions/attempts each player gers - they did not specifically say Random battles, so do ranked count? 

Great idea, but terrible execution over all - We can't read minds - A lot of my clan members said it is too much random unknown and they have opted out. 

No, ranked does not count. Only T1-T10 PvP battles. So take out that T1 you haven't played since you started. :Smile_teethhappy:

They never said how many attempts you get and I got the impression that they wanted to keep that secret. I have 3 so far, 2 Atago and 1 Kii.

Edit, is it 15 PvP tries a weekend.

Edited by Kizarvexis
spelling

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,420 battles

@Kizarvexis 15 tries! I have done 3 tier 10 US BB and 1 tier 7 DD so far. It seems I may be the only one in my clan doing this and our opponents have a 90 battles done count since 11 pm pt last night!

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
20 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Kizarvexis 15 tries! I have done 3 tier 10 US BB and 1 tier 7 DD so far. It seems I may be the only one in my clan doing this and our opponents have a 90 battles done count since 11 pm pt last night!

Each person has to register on http://proships.ru/stat/na/ow/ and the clan command staff had to sign up the clan before Aug 31st for this weekend's stage. If you have done both, then I'm not sure what is wrong. Also check if your opponent is a EU or RU clan. Our [PVE] clan is matched up vs the RU [D---8] clan and they started Sat before we did. But we will end Sun after them.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Beta Testers
3 posts
11,243 battles

How does one stop having their matches tracked?  Or do I have to use all 15 in a single run?

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles

Once you register, it starts tracking PvP matches. No way to stop and restart, is just tracks the PvP matches until the limit is up.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Beta Testers
3 posts
11,243 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Once you register, it starts tracking PvP matches. No way to stop and restart, is just tracks the PvP matches until the limit is up.

Kinda lame, but I get it I guess.  Any reason why more than one milestone cant be reached per match?  If I deal out 45k in a german dd my first match why am I only rewarded with the 5k milestone?  With a limited number of attempts per player this seems a bit harsh, particularly for clans with a low number of active members. 

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, Dewaholic said:

Kinda lame, but I get it I guess.  Any reason why more than one milestone cant be reached per match?  If I deal out 45k in a german dd my first match why am I only rewarded with the 5k milestone?  With a limited number of attempts per player this seems a bit harsh, particularly for clans with a low number of active members. 

I don't know why they did it that way.

For DDs, the first milestone is 5k. Then it jumps to 10k I believe and on up from there. It is not linear, so the third DD may be 25k or something. I did two battles in Atago and got the 10k, which then changed to 20k, which then changed to 50k for the next IJN battle. Since this is T1-T10, maybe start low and go higher up the tier?

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Beta Testers
3 posts
11,243 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't know why they did it that way.

For DDs, the first milestone is 5k. Then it jumps to 10k I believe and on up from there. It is not linear, so the third DD may be 25k or something. I did two battles in Atago and got the 10k, which then changed to 20k, which then changed to 50k for the next IJN battle. Since this is T1-T10, maybe start low and go higher up the tier?

I'm sure you're not the person that put this together.

Oh I understand the milestones and think the progression of them is fine (5, 10, 20, 30, 45 then +5 each there after so 50 55 etc).  Its just sad that if I have a spectacular game the most I'm going to get out of it is a single star.  If you pass a milestone it should count.  Would anyone like to run a marathon and only get credited for a 5k run/walk event?

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
11 minutes ago, Dewaholic said:

I'm sure you're not the person that put this together.

Oh I understand the milestones and think the progression of them is fine (5, 10, 20, 30, 45 then +5 each there after so 50 55 etc).  Its just sad that if I have a spectacular game the most I'm going to get out of it is a single star.  If you pass a milestone it should count.  Would anyone like to run a marathon and only get credited for a 5k run/walk event?

Oh yeah, I agree it would be nice to hit multiple milestones and I do wish it was that way to get multiple stars,  but unfortunately they didn't do it that way. :Smile_sad:

I'm the commander of PVE clan, so I made sure to read up on the event, so I could explain it to my clan. For some reason, I am only seeing my battles from the proships.ru/stat/ow site, but our clan is 2/3 PvE mains, so our PvP mains may not have started yet. They usually play later at night.

Edited by Kizarvexis
spelling

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Kizarvexis I have just noticed fellow clan members playing.

Shiny, maybe it is just that our players who will play PvP are not playing PvP yet or haven't registered.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

I cant log in to see the stats. Anyone else have this issue?

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
105 posts
9,626 battles

I know some of my battles have not counted. I see them under battles played but they didn't count for or against the star count. This has also happened to other of my clan members. I can also say for certainty that if I reach the lets say 5000 goal for German destroyers that goal is no longer available for any clan member.  Only the next goal of 10000 for that ship type/country is available clan members or myself.  Also the goals are not always even numbers. On our page for French battleships the goal is 55000.

Personally I don't think there is enough information around this event.  

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
25 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

I know some of my battles have not counted. I see them under battles played but they didn't count for or against the star count. This has also happened to other of my clan members. I can also say for certainty that if I reach the lets say 5000 goal for German destroyers that goal is no longer available for any clan member.  Only the next goal of 10000 for that ship type/country is available clan members or myself.  Also the goals are not always even numbers. On our page for French battleships the goal is 55000.

Personally I don't think there is enough information around this event.  

Yes, if you surpass the 5k DD goal for the US, the next person has to get the next higher goal.

[DPG]
Members
124 posts
7,874 battles

Also- the fact that the site is in Russian does not help  ... quick rules and direction should have been there as well . It has truly been trial and error. 

some members have not been able to get in  - they click the orange track button and no luck .. it's super buggy for some 

it was unclear to begin that you needed to run 5 separate battles for each ship line - the impression to me was that if i ran a 100k battle in french bb - all 5 stars should have been satisfied - each milestone must be fought and won. 

I do not know what they are talking about regarding each individual 5000 damage  - what that does to affect score - is it bonus stars etc ?  I had a 198k battle for my first French BB game that needed only 20k  ... 

It really seems like it was hastily thrown together on a friday night at 2 AM after several cases of beer were consumed ... 

Again, Iove the extra missions, but it is wayyyy too much work answering clan members questions, many of which I have no answers. AND especially when there is no ability to masse message clan members in game. WG needs to add this feature soon 

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
10 minutes ago, Karandar said:

Also- the fact that the site is in Russian does not help  ... quick rules and direction should have been there as well . It has truly been trial and error. 

some members have not been able to get in  - they click the orange track button and no luck .. it's super buggy for some 

it was unclear to begin that you needed to run 5 separate battles for each ship line - the impression to me was that if i ran a 100k battle in french bb - all 5 stars should have been satisfied - each milestone must be fought and won. 

I do not know what they are talking about regarding each individual 5000 damage  - what that does to affect score - is it bonus stars etc ?  I had a 198k battle for my first French BB game that needed only 20k  ... 

It really seems like it was hastily thrown together on a friday night at 2 AM after several cases of beer were consumed ... 

Again, Iove the extra missions, but it is wayyyy too much work answering clan members questions, many of which I have no answers. AND especially when there is no ability to masse message clan members in game. WG needs to add this feature soon 

After milestone 5, the damage needed for the next star for that cell is +5k damage. So milestone 5 is 90k for IJN CV. Then 6 would be 95k, 7 would be 100k, 8 would be 105k, etc.

I'm a low PvP performer, so I'm tryng to get all the low ones so that the good PvP players in my clan can get the bigger ones.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
105 posts
9,626 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, if you surpass the 5k DD goal for the US, the next person has to get the next higher goal.

I can also say with certainty that premium ships don't count. They don't add a star nor take one away. It don't even log the battle result at the bottom of the page. Where as the page plainly says:

Each player has a limited number of battles (attempts) to complete combat missions for their clan. Once this number is depleted, the battles won't be counted anymore. Please note that you can't cancel a series if you have started to spend the attempts. So, there's no way back and all battles are taken into consideration. 

Commonwealth and Italian battles don't count. Nor do the DD battles in UK, Poland and France where only premium  DD is available for the ship type   

Edited by HyPHerFaZe

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles

I wonder if you have to come back to port after every battle, for the website to record it or something like that? I have been switching ships to get the low hanging fruit.

Just now, HyPHerFaZe said:

I can also say with certainty that premium ships don't count. They don't add a star nor take one away. It don't even log the battle result at the bottom of the page. Where as the page plainly says:

Each player has a limited number of battles (attempts) to complete combat missions for their clan. Once this number is depleted, the battles won't be counted anymore. Please note that you can't cancel a series if you have started to spend the attempts. So, there's no way back and all battles are taken into consideration. 

I got a star in Tirpitz, Kutuzov and Eugen. Another clan member got 3 in Massachusetts.

Yep, I've heard around 15 battles. I have 12 battles, 11 stars.

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

I got a star in my DeGrasse, so seems like the premiums count for me too.  I've been doing one battle in a time, not sure if doing a few overlapping has to do with it.  I'm trying to look at what other team members have done, and hit the lines/nations they haven't.  (Not JUST for the easy first milestones, can't just leave those French lines empty :Smile_Default:)

Once your clan members hit the "Start Tracking" button and join battles, there should be stars appearing next to their name, as well as on the grid for what milestones they got.  I made a couple announcements in the clan chat and in the little chat header thingy, so we have a few who tried so far.  We aren't one of the social clans with Discord and such, mostly just solo play with oil bonuses, so some might just want to battle on and that's fine.  Just a way to get some extra oil while playing Randoms if you're doing that anyway.

I would like it if the event were promoted more.  I came across it on the main page on Tuesday, but nothing really on the forums or launcher.  And I agree, the instructions are a bit confusing.  LIke, when you get into it, see the grid and get going it makes sense, but took reading a few times to get the idea this week.  Especially with the Clan Base 2.0 coming up, you'd want people out there playing, earning oil, etc.

Anyway, glad to see others are involved as well, I was thinking we were one of the only ones lol.