You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soulcaller

Enough two carrier matches

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
20 posts
1,212 battles

Title says it. Tired of match being dictated by four ships at a tier were few have the speed, rudder shift or AA to offer any sort of counter. One CV okay, but two come on. Make the clubbers sit in queue for a 1:1 match.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

Wanna know what is worst? The time when only one team got a CV. Besides, 2v2 CVs does not happen that often.

Edited by Vangm94

Beta Testers
20 posts
1,212 battles

I've had at least 3 yesterday. Why happen at all if it's known CV's are known to be disproportionately powerful?

• Cool 2

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
11 minutes ago, Soulcaller said:

Title says it. Tired of match being dictated by four ships at a tier were few have the speed, rudder shift or AA to offer any sort of counter. One CV okay, but two come on. Make the clubbers sit in queue for a 1:1 match.

Oh just you wait... less than 3 months and we will be having 2 CVS a game at all tiers after the rework. Dd mains think an abundance of new radar ships is bad... ha!

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,662 battles

Never fear, the CV rework is near.

Also, In the lower tiers 2 CV games are actually very fun. Mid tiers, you have to hug you AA defense cruisers. Upper tiers 2 CV games are rare as CV driver themselves.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,387 battles

I want to see battles with 4 CV divisions on each side!

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
20 posts
1,212 battles

Broke out the Texas last night to counter... no CV's in that match :(

• Cool 1

Members
2,380 posts
2,172 battles
36 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I want to see battles with 4 CV divisions on each side!

Better hope your side doesn't have any afks, haha! 

[SRBL]
Members
78 posts

Low tier 2 CV matches are fun, can't tell you how many times I took my Nicholas, evaded the enemy pickets and *booped* both of them. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

Once you get to the upper tiers CV's become only slightly more common than unicorns.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,104 posts
18,616 battles
58 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Wanna know what is worst? The time when only one team got a CV. Besides, 2v2 CVs does not happen that often.

The good old times... 2 CV vs 2 CV is quite often in T4/5 battles. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 hour ago, Soulcaller said:

You know what the best part is? I played 8 matches yesterday, and of those, I believe 7 had CVs, and at least 5 were 2 CV-per-side(4 CV in total) matches.

Sigh. Guess how many were wins?

[TF16B]
Members
8,039 posts
16,978 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There are not that many.

I’d have say otherwise...

Despite being a self-describe average carrier player; I normally drive my low tier CVs in Co-op to avoid any hint of clubbing; however I recently needed carrier games in Randoms, (Bogue,) and nearly every game was 2 v 2.

(1,000+ CV games t4-6 in PvP, 1,800+ in PvE, + more in both T7-8.)

1 hour ago, Soulcaller said:

I've had at least 3 yesterday. Why happen at all if it's known CV's are known to be disproportionately powerful?

Except they’re not; at least not against players who pay attention and take appropriate measures.

Unless the CV driver understands how autodrops can be manipulated, or pins a target against terrain or some other object;  there literally is no excuse other than inexperience for destroyers or fast cruisers to be hit by auto dropped torpedoes in tiers 4-5. Bombs may be RNG based, but ways exist to help avoid them as well.

Coal barge cruisers (like St Louis,) and battleship can mitigate torpedo damage with paying attention and an appropriate response.

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Oh just you wait... less than 3 months and we will be having 2 CVS a game at all tiers after the rework. Dd mains think an abundance of new radar ships is bad... ha!

Personally I think carriers in their new form with be so pathetically milquetoast, destroyers will have nothing to worry about, as long as they remain unspotted.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’d have say otherwise...

CV players may see a lot of 4 CV matches but I don't. There may be more at certain tiers too.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
9,862 posts

Lets do the math, shall we.....

WG states that a single CV is far to powerful for 7 vs 7 clan battles, where players are most likely to work as a team, which would mitigate the effectiveness of a CV.

Yet 2 CV's are perfectly acceptable in random, where team play is right up there with unicorns and pixie dust? 

The math seems suspect......:Smile_hiding:

Edited by awiggin

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Lets do the math, shall we.....

WG states that a single CV is far to powerful for 7 vs 7 clan battles, where players are most likely to work as a team, which would mitigate the effectiveness of a CV.

Yet 2 CV's are perfectly acceptable in random, where team play is right up there with unicorns and pixie dust? 

The math seems suspect......:Smile_hiding:

sorry my bad.

It's insanely terrible(pretty much a non-sequitur, literally it does not follow)logic on WG's part, isn't it?

Edited by legoboy0401

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,326 posts
9,387 battles

Let's see...   Lots of Carriers today...

Tier 4:  Orion -- AA=41

Tier 5:  Texas - AA=66

Tier 6: Pensacola - AA=60, Queen Elizabeth - AA=56 (capt-6 point)

Tier 7: Atlanta - AA='vaporized into a cloud of red hate'

Tier 8: North Carolina - AA=95

Tier 9: Missouri - AA=98

Tier 10: Worcester - AA='Even better than the Atlanta'

Edited by AVR_Project

Members
3 posts
3,945 battles

It's kind of mind-boggling, isn't it?

In a battle with a single CV where there's a definite skill gap between your CV and the enemy, you know you've got a mountain to climb to grind out a win but at least it's somewhat entertaining. But with two, when you're on the side with a guy afk for the first 5 minutes and a lower-skilled CV vs. two clubbers? There's no fun in that. If the population is big enough, why not make those CVs wait a few seconds more to get into a match with just one CV per side? I really doubt anybody would mind.

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
2 hours ago, _1204_ said:

You think the salts bad now over radar,  just wait.  DD's have had it easy for a long time because their main counter class isn't popular.  If this rework makes CV's as fun to play as some people have said then they are going to have a nasty surprise coming.

More on topic,  two CV matches are mainly in low tiers now.  That's just where CV's are more fun at.  You get to a point where the balance issues and the insane amounts of AA make playing a CV more stressful than anything else.  Course at those tiers there are also no manual drops so if you're dying to them then,  that's on you.  You may not be able to shoot down many planes but that CV's A:  not going to hit you that often to begin with and B: doesn't even have enough planes to field a second flight so if he or she DOES lose any,  they feel it.