You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ph3l0n

1x Anniversary Container is not enough compensation

202 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles

Wargaming has replied, we did not lose our flags, or camo, but you will not get credit for the games. I would also assume the dubloons used for mounting flags will be returned?  

Affected players of this issue will be compensated with 1x Anniversary Container by E.O.D. Friday the 31st

Hours of games lost and consumables used.  1x Anniversary container is not going to replace the flags I used, the camo's I used, the dubloons I used.  All of those cost real life money.  1x Anniversary container does not compensate for all of that.  You need to do better, 1x Anniversary crate, which I think we can all agree is pretty much a let down to begin with, is way not enough. 

You need to compensate players for everything they lost, not toss some charity bone like you are doing us a favor.  It is a slap in the face to everyone who spent RL money on this game today and played it and then lost out on the items they paid for.  I specifically went out and bought flags for this and used camo I was saving.  I even bought a Sharnhorst to grind with yesterday.  Now you are saying you can't reimburse me for the loss you caused?  That is 100% not acceptable.

An easy fix for this would be to do a query for every game played and then give a container for every game or every 2 games that was counted.  This is real compensation.  It costs you nothing and restores good faith to all those who are at a loss.  It would make everyone whole and feel good about the experience, not feel like they just got screwed because of a technical failure caused by your company.

select count(*) from WIN_TABLE wt where wt.Date = current_date_from_dual;

If you are saying that is all you can give us, and this is a pattern, I am at a loss for words.

Edited by ph3l0n
  • Cool 13
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 2

[WOLFB]
Members
616 posts
21,882 battles

If folks are still not getting credit the WHOLE GAME should be taken down until it is fixed FOR EVERYONE!

Some will log and play and not realize they are still getting NOTHING!

That's B S

Edited by fbrrhd
  • Cool 6

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,856 battles

Totally agree OP.  With how long and widespread this issue has been 1 pretty much worthless anny container isnt squat. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, fbrrhd said:

If folks are still not getting credit the WHOLE GAME should be taken down until it is fixed FOR EVERYONE!

Some will log and play and not realize they are still getting NOTHING!

That's B S

I fully agree with this. If the game is broke, shut it down. If it is taking items that were purchased and not refunding them....we all know those implications.

• Cool 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,925 posts
3,315 battles

I semi-agree with this. They may be able to give out the rewards for battles played during this insane period. If so, then 1x anniversary container would be enough, in my opinion. If we don't get our battles rewarded to us, then I agree that 1 Anniversary container isn't enough.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Quit your complaining. If you really cared about credits and "el money" that much, you would have noticed you went getting any rewards from your games

• Cool 2
  • Bad 15
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,987 posts

i agree, wasted 3 great games, not to mention 6 hours of premium time, and 1 container? that's pathetic

[BIAS]
Members
3,059 posts
9,046 battles

Are we getting the earned container or the premium shop container is a good question as well. The premium shop containers are much better. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Quit your complaining. If you really cared about credits and "el money" that much, you would have noticed you went getting any rewards from your games

I did notice, and made a post about it, look a few posts down, it has 10 pages of replies.  I just figured they had ways of actually reimbursing us so I kept playing.  I didn't realize they were not equipped to handle problems like this.  Working in software myself, we have contingency plans for things like this, like switching servers over from bad clusters etc.  We also compensate our customers fairly if we have catastrophic failure in order to keep the good will going.

People are a lot happier when you over compensate for your failure.
Step #1.  Admit faul.

Step #2. Keep communication lines open and explain everything thoroughly as to why it happened and what you will do in the future to mitigate further occurences.

Step #3.  Over compensate for inconveniences and apologize profusely.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[WNSTN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
28 posts
1,740 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Like hitting the button from the Current Games After Battle screen that goes directly to the next battle without even going back to port where you (one) would have noticed no rewards?  It's Blaze Orange, bottom lower right and says "Battle On"

[SALVO]
Members
148 posts
11,831 battles

Pretty sure the pre-battle count of your consumables, camos, and signals used in a battle that failed to record the results (in the form of gained XP and Credits) are exactly the same after the battle concludes.  At least that is what I observed.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
1 minute ago, Digital_Malamute said:

Like hitting the button from the Current Games After Battle screen that goes directly to the next battle without even going back to port where you (one) would have noticed no rewards?

The bug didnt give an after battle screen... that's the thing

1 minute ago, ph3l0n said:

rant about free gifts

It was just for a few hours... you played what, maybe 10 games?

• Bad 1

[WNSTN]
28 posts
1,740 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

It sure did give an after battle screen, it failed to register that after battle screen to the client and/or account.

[VFW]
Members
907 posts
20,793 battles

Holly I Can't Read nor see my results!   OK guys chill.   If you "player hours of games..." and after 2 games you didn't see there was a problem, yet you continued to BANG YOUR HEAD against it....you need to step back.  Goto the Forums, see what they are doing, and chill.

Expecting some compensation is fine, but then complaining and arguing it's not enough due to you not stopping...well, what does that say about the player.

VR,

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

It was just for a few hours... you played what, maybe 10 games?

10 games x50 Dubloons to mount flags = 500 Dubloons.  Cost of the flags another 5.00 or so depending on what flags you are using.  I personally load my ship up.  So there is at least 7.00 - 10.00 in RL money, that doesn't include the time wasted.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,632 battles

I'm more interested in the OPs Negative forum Rep. 

Really tempted to up vote OP. 

:cap_cool:

And personally I agree one anniversary container isn't enough compensation for this bug. I would like to see some super containers or maybe 15 Rank Stars. 

• Cool 4

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,925 posts
3,315 battles
1 minute ago, TexJapan said:

Holly I Can't Read nor see my results!   OK guys chill.   If you "player hours of games..." and after 2 games you didn't see there was a problem, yet you continued to BANG YOUR HEAD against it....you need to step back.  Goto the Forums, see what they are doing, and chill.

Expecting some compensation is fine, but then complaining and arguing it's not enough due to you not stopping...well, what does that say about the player.

VR,

This. I played one battle, and noticed something was off. First sign: no end of battlescreen. No biggy, had this bug happen to me before (keep failing to report it, because it doesn't happen that often). So I went to the notifications to check last battle results... boom, nothing there... okay, no more playing, time to report this mess. Came on to forum and noticed everyone else having this issue, and made many many topics about it. Find out, hurray, they are fixing this. Ooo, compensation. The compensation to me is meh, so long as I get my star for that rank battle I played, that I totally have replay of, proving my team's victory (thus they can be given their star too). And since it is the only battle I played today, finding that replay in the long list of now old replays, is a no brainer.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
4 minutes ago, ph3l0n said:

10 games x50 Dubloons to mount flags = 500 Dubloons.  Cost of the flags another 5.00 or so depending on what flags you are using.  I personally load my ship up.  So there is at least 7.00 - 10.00 in RL money, that doesn't include the time wasted.

If your spending 7-10 bucks each game, or even in the few hours the game was down... that's a gambling problem. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

No we have to see how low it goes:fish_viking:

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

If your spending 7-10 bucks each game, or even in the few hours the game was down... that's a gambling problem. 

I have disposable money.  It isn't 10.00 that concerns me, it is the total lack of care to how this was handled.   If you look up a few posts, you will see where I stated how my software company handles things, WarGaming did not handle it appropriately in my opinion. 

Edited by ph3l0n
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,925 posts
3,315 battles
2 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

And personally I agree one anniversary container isn't enough compensation for this bug. I would like to see some super containers or maybe 15 Rank Stars. 

I did not notice that until you said something...how much of a jerk does one have to be to receive such a low reputation, my gosh... and his responses in this thread does not make me want to upvote him...

[WGA]
Administrator
667 posts
249 battles

Folks we of course understand the concern here and the incredibly serious nature of this issue.  Unfortunately with these battles lost there is no way to provide compensation for them.  The small bit of good news is any camo/flag used during these battles should be intact on your account and were not consumed. 

Please do continue to provide us your feedback and we of course apologize for the confusion and frustration this has caused. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,059 posts
9,046 battles
2 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Folks we of course understand the concern here and the incredibly serious nature of this issue.  Unfortunately with these battles lost there is no way to provide compensation for them.  The small bit of good news is any camo/flag used during these battles should be intact on your account and were not consumed. 

Please do continue to provide us your feedback and we of course apologize for the confusion and frustration this has caused. 

But premium time is gone forever. 

It's good that cameos and signals weren't used, but the server clocks still ticked. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2

[WNSTN]
28 posts
1,740 battles
16 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I'm interesting in understanding why servers where left up and running (in which you (WG) knowingly wasted thousands of manhours of your playerbases time) when a certain group or playerbase % was affected.......during a competitive ranked season.   My guess is Cash Shop had to remain up.  Is my guess correct?

• Cool 1