Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Talked myself into the Edinburgh.

15 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Well, can't call it a grind...I got the Fiji on July 22, and at some point unlocked the Ed. Not even sure when, as I was in no hurry...

I freaking love the Fiji. So...now what?

Keep going? Put my 17 point captain on Ed, and put Jack Dunkirk on the Fiji? I can do that...but we all know Tier 8 is in a bad place. But I run the Eugen almost every time I play...so I must be a glutton for punishment, LOL. 

A part of me wants the Minotaur..mostly for Clan wars, and to be a total pain in the :etc_swear: to the other team, LOL. 

So, buy her or no? 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

I like playing the Edinbro it was like an upgraded Fiji. I didn't keep the Fiji because I own a Belfast or even keep the Edinbro either. The Neptune is a good ship that was also a lot of fun, in fact its still in my port with a high skill captain if I need it. I would encourage you to keep pushing up because the Minotaur is worth it. 

Once you get the Minotaur think about giving the USN Light Cruiser line a try. The Cleveland is a lot of fun and the Worcester is like a better Minotaur with all the consumables, IFHE but no smoke. 

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles
PBSC108.png Edinburgh 8 CA/CL uk.svg UK 67 47.76% 31,182 1,272 0.9 0.6 1.1 25% 27% 4% 805

If that doesn't talk you out of it nothing will. I say get it, grind it, keep it, even though those stats say otherwise.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,441 battles

You can grind the Edin in Cherry Blossom. You just need a division to run with to do it when not operation of the week.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

You must press on and continue the good and noble fight in the service of his majesty’s Royal Navy...  For King and Country... For the sake of the British Empire in which you must defend!

(Am I doing a good enough job trying to talk you out of it???)

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles

The Wooster is the new Minotaur.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

I know right.

Its got all the consumables, more guns, HE that becomes NUTS with IFHE, and its a bit tankier than the Minotaur. You still need to be good with your WASD haxs and know how to use cover. But Its so much fun. Plus if you have Admiral Halsey than you dream of getting Confederate [which isn't hard in the Rooster] the ship becomes down right hilarious. 

At this point if I want to play a squishy Tier 10 Squishy DMP Machine Gun I take the Worcester over the Minotaur.  

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

I heard Huragumo might actually be the replacement for Wooster.

• Funny 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Well...I did it. 

First game:

MENjcfx.jpg

and a quick run at Cherry Blossom..

VPJhQjB.jpg

So far, more of the same...if you mess up...ow...otherwise, more RN CL stuff...best not ask me about the dreaded Epicenter game on Tears of the Players... :Smile_facepalm:

[--1--]
Members
153 posts
2,482 battles

For me Fiji was a meh, but Edinburgh is amazing kept it not Fiji. Only problem is it has weak guns against T10s. It's weak armour would be problem if you didn't have it's super heal which is amazing.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
579 posts
4,554 battles

Keep at this ship it is a beast even vs high tier vessels. 

[WOLFA]
Members
19 posts
1,696 battles

Im in the same boat eh. Unlocked Edinbourough but not ready for the good times in Fiji to end. I supose ill free XP up the Edi for the next time Cherry Blossum comes around then switch my Captain over then.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

She looks GREAT in that arctic camo...another keeper I think.....

sgzujye.jpg

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

[LWS]
[LWS]
Members
61 posts
6,693 battles

With that "Arctic camo" set a smoke screen so that an iceberg is you backdrop. That way when you are Radar detected, you present "low contrast" target and hopefully wont get deleted in 1 salvo.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this