Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Please fix Mogami's rear Number 5 turret rotation angle

4 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts

The current set up doesn't make any sense.

With the 155mm guns the last turret stops at 5 degrees more outboard than the Number 4 turret on the 'flight deck' just in front of it - despite the fact that there is plenty of room for it to easily equal the same rotation. However with the bigger 203mm guns, this same turret can now turn 5 degrees MORE inboard than the other turret - so a total of 10 more degrees inboard.

At first I thought it was because of muzzle blast requirements. But the BIGGER guns practically touch the ship at max rotation, whereas the smaller guns aren't even close - so it couldn't be this.

Next I thought it was because the smaller guns are 3 to a turret and required more space. Nope, there is PLENTY of room for them to turn another 5 degrees.

Please fix this Wargaming as it is not historically in any way. The last (Number 5) turret should at least equal the rotation angle for the Number 4 turret right in front of it.

Thanks! :Smile_great:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

turret angles are often a balancing characteristic.  Working as intended

[SIMP]
Members
991 posts
11 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

turret angles are often a balancing characteristic.  Working as intended

So the completely non-historical angle is okay, on one of the oldest T8 cruisers in the game? Power creep has made the Mogami pretty bad compared to the newer stuff out there, yet a simple 5 degree increase in that last turret rotation is suddenly going to make it overpowered? Hahahaha! 

Going sideways in the Mogami is a death sentence. I mean seriously, in the last 40 games or so, I think I may have used my torps twice (because of their pathetically poor firing angles) - so a MAJOR portion of its damage potential is already useless. At least give that single last turret a TINY fix so it is uniform with the turret in front of it. This would at least help it be a gunboat since its torps are nearly useless. And again, if it is such an issue, why do the BIGGER guns actually have better angles?? (RoF isn't that big a deal with this old ship - just compare it to the Spamlanta a whole tier lower!)

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this