You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

You will have a chance to buy Flint/Black in two years?

14 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts

If you reach rank 11, then you will get 1600 steel. 

Playing 5-6 ranked seasons and reaching rank 11 in each, you will have enough steel to buy Flint at least. 

Reaching rank 11 is not too hard, right?

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,771 posts
12,878 battles

I bet there will be an opportunity to purchase steel within two years.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
674 posts
6,159 battles

Flint and Black have definitely become more accessible since the introduction of steel.  How much depends on your skill, how much time you have, and if you have access to clan battles (even if your clan doesn't rise very far there's still steel to be had).

Seems to have increased the amount complaining though.

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

Being from Flint, Mi I want the Flint almost enough to join a clan, I was glad ranked offered an alternative method without the clan drama. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,001 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I bet there will be an opportunity to purchase steel within two years.

This.

Theres too much money in it for it not to be offered....  like kids with the marshmallow test.  

Members
855 posts
3,440 battles

You can get a lot of steel from clan battles.  If you played clan battles two season and got the steel for the lower leagues, then ranked out to rank 11 one season you should be able to buy the Flint. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles
15 hours ago, Captain_Kylere said:

Being from Flint, Mi I want the Flint almost enough to join a clan, I was glad ranked offered an alternative method without the clan drama. 

What is "clan drama"?

• Funny 1

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,102 battles

As a player who put in the time and effort to improve my play and grind out my Flint and Black from 5 Ranked seasons, i have two words of advice for you.

Spoiler

Git Gud.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ODIN]
Members
20 posts
8,447 battles

Got 4900 steel so far , Flint and Black are not so imposible to reach, but Stalingrad on the other hand...  debatable :)

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
23 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

If you reach rank 11, then you will get 1600 steel. 

Playing 5-6 ranked seasons and reaching rank 11 in each, you will have enough steel to buy Flint at least. 

Reaching rank 11 is not too hard, right?

WG already compensated players for previous seasons of ranked/clans - so if you participated you should have had enough for at least one of the 2 ships offered (Flint or Black) especially if you use the coupon. I had 14k steel when Arsenal was introduced, and immediately got myself USS Black, haven't had the chance to play it though ... never really cared about Flint.

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

WG already compensated players for previous seasons of ranked/clans - so if you participated you should have had enough for at least one of the 2 ships offered (Flint or Black) especially if you use the coupon. I had 14k steel when Arsenal was introduced, and immediately got myself USS Black, haven't had the chance to play it though ... never really cared about Flint.

I have no idea about the compensation.

I participated most previous ranked seasons, reaching between R10 and R5.

Now I am R11 in this season, but I only have 1600 steel.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
1 minute ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I don't know what to tell you bud, I had 14,000 steel when I bought USS Black and I have never bothered grinding below rank 10 ... and even that I have done only 2 or 3 times. Maybe it was CW reward or something.

[OO7]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester
133 posts
9,665 battles
12 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

9 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I don't know what to tell you bud, I had 14,000 steel when I bought USS Black and I have never bothered grinding below rank 10 ... and even that I have done only 2 or 3 times. Maybe it was CW reward or something.

To clarify the steel thing with the transfer of rewards in Ranked, people were only compensated for Rank 1s in previous seasons. Anything else under R1, well, tough luck. Players were rewarded for ranking our 1, 2, 4, 6, 7x and beyond when the switch was made afaik. 3 and 5 were not included as people were given the Flint and Black respectively for those milestones already, therefore no steel was rewarded. Hopefully that clears things up!

EDIT for Ulthwey: Yeah, your steel likely came from Clan Wars, that's how you got your Black unless you got SCs with Steel in them as well!