You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

New Islands of Ice map

7 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,173 posts
10,408 battles

Okay looking at the Developer's Blog for 7.9 on the website, I see the redo of this map.  Personally I think it is a cluster...   It looks like a cross between Tears of the Cruisers and Mountain Range.  I would leave it alone.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,103 posts
8,738 battles

It took me a long time to get rid of the twitches from seeing it far too often in alpha and closed beta but I would like to see the original come back. I would also like to see the original Hotspot five cap domination return. 

• Cool 4

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
21 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It took me a long time to get rid of the twitches from seeing it far too often in alpha and closed beta but I would like to see the original come back. I would also like to see the original Hotspot five cap domination return. 

Agreed on both points.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, GrimmeReaper said:

Okay looking at the Developer's Blog for 7.9 on the website, I see the redo of this map.  Personally I think it is a cluster...   It looks like a cross between Tears of the Cruisers and Mountain Range.  I would leave it alone.  

I don't hate the new map.  My problem with it is a little different.  I liked the original Islands of Ice.  I don't mind the current version, nor do I mind this new version.  The problem I have is why not just keep the original (may make it a little smaller, since that was supposedly one of the problems with it), and ADD the current version and the new version as entirely NEW maps.  Maybe make one of them smaller, so that it can be a mid tier map.  

One thing that I do not like about the newest version of Islands of Ice is that it looks entirely too mirrored, and that's usually boring.

• Cool 2

Members
3,616 posts
13,377 battles

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with Islands of Ice as it is and I cant understand why WG has decided to change it. I like that map.

As drastically as the change is, WG might as well re-name it because it's to all intents a new map.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,126 posts
5,651 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with Islands of Ice as it is and I cant understand why WG has decided to change it. I like that map.

As drastically as the change is, WG might as well re-name it because it's to all intents a new map.

My thoughts exactly.

[TBOW]
Members
1,173 posts
10,408 battles
9 hours ago, Crucis said:

I don't hate the new map.  My problem with it is a little different.  I liked the original Islands of Ice.  I don't mind the current version, nor do I mind this new version.  The problem I have is why not just keep the original (may make it a little smaller, since that was supposedly one of the problems with it), and ADD the current version and the new version as entirely NEW maps.  Maybe make one of them smaller, so that it can be a mid tier map.  

One thing that I do not like about the newest version of Islands of Ice is that it looks entirely too mirrored, and that's usually boring.

I could work with that.   I just don't see this as a map that needs much in the way of fixing.