Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Last_Frontier

Pin Up Video

22 comments in this topic

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles

Folks come on as of this post we have 9 1/2 hours left to get this to 500,000 views. We aren't going to reach 1 million sadly (would have loved that free premium chest) but we can reach 500,000 just need 25,000 more views to get this out there ASAP so we can get at least a normal chest!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pinup-contest/

Also part of the way down the page you will see a row of patches. Just make sure you are logged
  into your WOWS account then you can select a free pin up patch. Chose wisely as you only get to chose one!!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
22 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Folks come on as of this post we have 9 1/2 hours left to get this to 500,000 views. We aren't going to reach 1 million sadly (would have loved that free premium chest) but we can reach 500,000 just need 25,000 more views to get this out there ASAP so we can get at least a normal chest!

Also part of the way down the page you will see a row of patches. Just make sure you are logged
  into your WOWS account then you can select a free pin up patch. Chose wisely as you only get to chose one!!

I have been posting the video's link on social media, I hope we will get some more hits.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles

Thanks!! :cap_like:

Not sure why players are not helping this we should have reached 1 million days ago perhaps they are just unaware of this maybe not publicized so much by WOWS team.

Just makes sense for players to watch it just for the free things they can get from it!

[WOLF2]
Members
1,143 posts
12,862 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Yes, good to keep up the momentum … 

On  side note, I don't like the American flag being used to promote any one idea/ideaology or thing/product. The flag should always fly high on its own and be raised for all Americans as a symbol of unity.

Your avatar seems intended to provoke a reaction over gun rights and you are using the flag incorrectly.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

If you have to pay people to watch your stuff, then maybe.... you know.

Members
193 posts

How often is the total view count updated?  I know I've watched it a couple more times, but it hasn't changed in the last 10 minutes. Its stuck at 474957.

Edited by Slammer58

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
12 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

On  side note

Let drop this please so the thread does not get locked

• Boring 1

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles
2 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

How often is the total view count updated?  I know I've watched it a couple more times, but it hasn't changed in the last 10 minutes. Its stuck at 474957.

Well it's a youtube shared video so think youtube only counts it once but unsure if they are also pulling data from other video sites them might have hosted the video to.

In fact WOWS needs to clarify this it says we have 8 Hours 49 minutes left but it also says

The results will be finalized at 20:00 ET, August 28

So which is it as it's already the 29th but we also show just under 9 hours left???

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,120 posts
18,633 battles

Go to WoWs RU and watch it there, this will count too.

• Cool 1

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

I have been adding 22 views to the count, every hour, since they started this. 

We may hit 500k, but it was silly to think an ad was going to hit a million because it has PG13 T&A. 

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles
41 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

I have been adding 22 views to the count, every hour, since they started this. 

We may hit 500k, but it was silly to think an ad was going to hit a million because it has PG13 T&A. 

yeah honestly the time frame they gave for hitting 1 million was quite unrealistic as it is sort of very game specific and not bound to go viral and was so short a time frame I mean it's last day and we have not even hit half the mark yet!

Members
9,864 posts

Why do people still not get how few players actually come to the forums and read them?:Smile_amazed:

The vast majority of players are not engaged in this game, and will never see anything regarding this event.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why do people still not get how few players actually come to the forums and read them?:Smile_amazed:

The vast majority of players are not engaged in this game, and will never see anything regarding this event.

Yeah I am afraid that awiggin is right, most players I talk too in game have no idea and/or do not care about a lot of the events.:Smile_sad:

Edited by Chaos_EN2

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Agreed, if you read the forums you would think no one played DD past tier 8, but I see 3,4 and even 5 on a side in tier 8/9/10 games all day. Not to mention how many people ask what is going on about events are in match chat. 

It makes it easier to discount any post about all players this or that.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They inserted a pop-up into the client on one of my accounts.  Every player would have seen it.

I take it that you haven't been playing much?

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,730 battles
2 hours ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Not sure why players are not helping this we should have reached 1 million days ago perhaps they are just unaware of this maybe not publicized so much by WOWS team.

Just makes sense for players to watch it just for the free things they can get from it!

I suspect it is because (based on some other thread comments) that people are also under the impression that there is not benefit to watching it (or letting it run) more than once.  My impression is it counts every time it plays to completion.

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles

Yeah see being this is hosted off Youtube I assumed at first it was off the Youtube count but then I noticed it was not matching up with what they had on their page.

And honestly I posted this cause even in the forum some might be unaware of it as I posted the other day and the guy was like HUH what patches like he had no clue the event was even going on. I only found out as I got a mail about it otherwise from the game itself I might not have know of the event. I knew about the video but the page I got to said nothing about 1 million views. Only found out about that later.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles
15 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The news is there every time you fire up the launcher, unless you use a direct link to the exe, but I doubt many players do that. Game news is even more prominent if you use the new launcher. Hell, there's even a "News" section in the game itself.

Regardless, you are correct. The vast majority pay no attention to what's in front of them. It's apparent when you see posts on the forum every time something new is introduced to the game, or removed from the game, or tokens converted to credits, etc, etc.

[WOLF6]
Members
661 posts
3,561 battles

I guess we missed the 500,000 views by 4000 views.

i do find it interesting that there are 315k views of the pinup video

so that means the other video only got 181k views.

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
340 posts
2,096 battles

Just like with the last population based event WG is vasty overestimating how many people actually play this game.

The video in all honesty is not going to attract views from people outside of people who already play WG games (which would of been need to reach anywhere over 500k views).

WG simply needs to come back to reality and vastly scale down the scope of these kinds of events. For example 500k views should of been the top tier reward. Do 100k as bottom tier, 250-300k as mid-tier, and 500k as the top tier reward for the event. Who ever thought 1 million would be possible and a good idea probably needs to lay off the Vodka bottle for awhile.

Edited by Phaere
  • Bad 1

Members
111 posts
4,127 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 6:24 AM, wtfovr said:

I guess we missed the 500,000 views by 4000 views.

i do find it interesting that there are 315k views of the pinup video

so that means the other video only got 181k views.

Looks like we got it anyones one way or another and perhaps maybe as looks like they changed the requirements at the last moment as seems even tier 3 prize is still open but coupon codes are on the page

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pinup-music-video/

The codes are next to each box near the top. Just type those codes you see that replace the number required on this page and then submit both separate and then in game you will get a chest

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/

Edited by The_Last_Frontier

Sign in to follow this