You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

0.7.9 - Public Test Feedback

73 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
820 posts
5,797 battles

Ahoy Public Testers!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of the Public Test!

Royal Navy

Operation “Dynamo”

New Arms Race Mode

Map Updates

Thunderstorm Front in Random Battles

Clan Base 2.0

Interface and Other Changes

Ship-Spotting Technology

For reporting bugs, please post those items here:

#anchorsaweigh

[TBOW]
Members
45 posts
2,172 battles

Oh Wargaming XD

Are there plans to add a commander for each nation in the arsenal? It doesn't even have to be one of the special ones can we just get a 10 point commander in the arsenal for each nation?  

image.png

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
820 posts
5,797 battles
33 minutes ago, Hassan_T said:

Oh Wargaming XD

Are there plans to add a commander for each nation in the arsenal? It doesn't even have to be one of the special ones can we just get a 10 point commander in the arsenal for each nation?  

image.png

Interesting. I just checked the Arsenal and here's what I found:

image.png

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,602 battles

Thunderstorm in randoms is awesome!  Why in the world did you not put it on ocean? of all the maps that needs something.. that would have been a made to really throw it onto!!!!!!!!! 

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

Here is a general Question for anyone in WG WoWs? I just logged into my PT Server that had 19 members from my Clans in it last time I played. Now my Clan and base are gone a complete base that was built back in 05/15/2017 and I am the commander of it, now if WoWs has decided to steal our complete Clan Bases and all of our oil and disrupt my clan members you can keep your PT Server, I won't play a game where the company steals from its players and once I spread this info and the screen shot of before and after, I think more players may be relucktant to play on the Test Server, just a bunch of thieves you WG..

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[5D]
Beta Testers
434 posts
7,602 battles

The blizzard effects are also awesome! this is how it should have been from the start! except there is no snow piling up on my ship!. Overall i love it! Bring it to T7 and give all maps a chance to get the storms! 

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

I just look over the info fro the PT Server it does not say anywhere in it that they are taking your clan away, when I look for my clan to join it says does not exist, bull crap.

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,766 posts
12,470 battles

Logged on about an hour ago and checked out the marked items! Have not battled yet but will soon. 

@Gneisenau013 please help out @Sere_Pj it hurts to see a poor Space Ghost cry!

@Sere_Pj its a test server you have lost nothing! Build a Clan Base 2.0 is a big part of this PT 7.9!

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

I am just Pissed right now @CAPTMUDDXX, my clan does not exist anymore and I have members asking me where the clan went to and all there oil. No sense in this [edited]..

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
3 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

I am just Pissed right now @CAPTMUDDXX, my clan does not exist anymore and I have members asking me where the clan went to and all there oil. No sense in this [edited]..

Its a test server there is no clan its a temporary server.  And its not like its hard to get oil.  They want you to mess with the new clan base.  You get something like 12k oil a battle.  I have solo built a clan base up to what my actual in game clan currently has with like 5 battles.  The stuff beyond that is the new stuff.

• Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

On 8/29/2018 at 10:18 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Public Testers!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of the Public Test!

Royal Navy

Operation “Dynamo”

New Arms Race Mode

Map Updates

Clan Base 2.0

Ship-Spotting Technology

Royal Navy is in line with similar events.  Doesn't blow me away but it seems fine.  Only complaint is leaderboard is not localized but already posted about that in the bugs.  

Dynamo is lots of fun; glad its coming back.  Hope it doesn't become hard like some OPs recently.  Personally if you feel its too easy to farm, I would rather you nerf the rewards than increase the difficulty.  Its a fun pew pew diversion that also requires some teamwork and appropriate skills and consumables to 5 star.  Only issue is the minefield warning color transition is not explained.  Does yellow mean you have small chance of taking damage or just a warning?  I think that should be in the mission tab so someone can learn if they want.

Honestly not sure what the point of Arms Race is.  I may play a few more to figure it out but I currently think its terrible and hope its a new mode so I don't have to play it.  Its like a standard battle with teases of domination.  But from what I've seen the best way is to just do the normal high tier snipe fest and there is almost nothing in the game design that stops this.  Not really sure the buffs are worth the effort so its really down to get them if you happen to drift by it rather than play for them.  Why not just make it team deathmatch and call it a day.  Or maybe keep the buffs but make the scoring team deathmatch so securing the buffs is about killing ships or surviving rather than giving points too.  Also the Dev bulletin said a zone would appear after 10 minutes or when 6 ships on a team died.  My team lost 6 ships before 10 minutes in a game and no zone appeared.  Don't know if its a bug or intended but still confusing.

Haven't gotten new maps or Thunderstorms yet.  Mostly sound good but Islands of Ice is a big question mark based on what was posted.  Looks too much like other maps to me.  It was a fairly unique one and I hope its not homogenized to be like other ones.

Nice to have new stuff for clans.  Don't have a problem with having to get low tier stuff first as long as they are still cheap like they are in PTS on the live server.  It will also benefit newer players that start clans.

Not sure about interface (didn't notice).

As for ship spotting, It was weird to get a spotted ribbon AFTER i could plainly see the ship and it was on the minimap.  Its definitely an improvement.  Not tested enough to see if its a complete solution, but promising.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,324 posts
14,705 battles
1 hour ago, mrh308 said:

As for ship spotting, It was weird to get a spotted ribbon AFTER i could plainly see the ship and it was on the minimap.  Its definitely an improvement.  Not tested enough to see if its a complete solution, but promising.

What, no more having the spotting ribbon show up and then watching avidly for a ship to show?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,853 posts
4,842 battles

Did anyone else's download screen say 7.8 instead of 7.9?

[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,935 battles

Totally red container & torpedo equipments. Gamut almost off the scale. 

[ADR]
Members
813 posts
5,472 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 9:18 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Public Testers!

Royal Navy

Worked just fine

Operation “Dynamo”

enjoyed it

New Arms Race Mode

didn't try it, honestly after watching stuntman play a bit, it just doesn't interest me.

Map Updates

Of the changes I seen I like the changes and feel it makes the maps a lot better

Never had one in my game but I liked them in the scenario they was in.

Clan Base 2.0

didn't try it.

Of the ones i noticed I liked it.

Ship-Spotting Technology

lot better than it was, but still have a few times where it was slow to render after showing up on the mini-map but even then no where as near as bad as it is on live.

For reporting bugs, please post those items here:

#anchorsaweigh

I do have a question about the rewards on PT, the 5 of the special flags for getting into the hall of fame. I finished the British mission and I guess I am in the hall of fame now, but the hall of fame is in Russian so not positive. Anyway I didn't get a notice about getting them so what I am wonder is do you have to play x number of games once you are in it, or get so high in it or what to get the reward? it isn't completely clear.

[ADR]
Members
813 posts
5,472 battles
38 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Totally red container & torpedo equipments. Gamut almost off the scale. 

same for me as well on the container ship.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
713 posts
7,935 battles
4 hours ago, Koschka said:

same for me as well on the container ship.

Those reds are really close to the borders so I think it was a graphics card test actually? 

[GUSTO]
Beta Testers
5 posts
4,784 battles

-Had the terrible red on the container ship others are talking about

- hall of fame non localized

- really enjoyed dynamo . Though it might be too easy. Perhaps I was with a group that "got it" , but first time out with a ship with no modules or captain perks got 5 stars,  Also, the PT boats are called destroyers in game.

[TOG]
Members
2,397 posts
14,660 battles

Finally got into arms race.  It feels like ranked souped up.  Those areas were you get buffs are awsome. Especially if you get multiple buffs. DD's are the ones that would benefit the most. I'd like to see where it is available 8-10 rather than 10 alone.

Members
22 posts
13,559 battles

Ahoy Public Testers!  

Royal Navy  - Nice...I liked it

Operation “Dynamo”  -  I thought it was a bit difficult...never could break the four star level

New Arms Race Mode -  A lot of fun.  It has really spiced up tier IX X play as the Buff rewards go to the ships that aggressively seek them and any teammates nearby.  Those who like to hide in the back and snipe will not like this mode.

Map Updates  - Didn't notice

Thunderstorm Front in Random Battles  - Like it

Clan Base 2.0 - Didn't play

Interface and Other Changes  - I liked the addition of warnings to flag selections and captain skills that are not valuable to the ship type you are using.  You can still choose them if you wish but they are not effective for your ship type.  I also like the addition of ship name to the minimap.  Now I can see that it is not only a destroyer...it is the Farragut! 

Ship-Spotting Technology  - The "spotted flag" worked fine for me.  

[TAZ]
Members
393 posts

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Sere_Pj said:

Here is a general Question for anyone in WG WoWs? I just logged into my PT Server that had 19 members from my Clans in it last time I played. Now my Clan and base are gone a complete base that was built back in 05/15/2017 and I am the commander of it, now if WoWs has decided to steal our complete Clan Bases and all of our oil and disrupt my clan members you can keep your PT Server, I won't play a game where the company steals from its players and once I spread this info and the screen shot of before and after, I think more players may be relucktant to play on the Test Server, just a bunch of thieves you WG..

23 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

Clan Base 2.0:  WG it is extremely unfair that we have to pay to create a new clan for the public test 0.7.9, when you had a pre-existing clan already created in multiple public test. First you destroyed the clan base but did not compensate us for the gold used to create it and the oil used to build it.  My clan had close to 1M barrels of oil which was taken by WG with no compensation. Hopefully this "money grab" will not transfer over to the live server. Would like this to be addressed and answered.

Edited by Nutaz
spelling

[WOLF6]
Members
1,853 posts
4,842 battles

So no RN DDs?

also, it makes no sense to seek feedback on Arms Race then start everyone at T6 and not give them the XP to research up. Need 12k XP to get to 10. 

Members
36 posts
1,480 battles

Map: Islands Of Ice - Epicenter (with the storm over the cap).

Being able to see from a distance and then sail into the storm.

Having the center cap smaller was better for game-play.

Map was visually spectacular.

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

@Gneisenau013

Just a visual recommendation to the end of battle screen where you have all four tabs, Specifically under personal score selection.

Now regardless of  win or Defeat, under "Combat Missions" section, is there going to be a visual change to distinguish difference between 

• Regular Challenges and Combat Missions
  • With the special Event "Royal Navy" event missions???

In PTS, in that section, it all looks the same which causes a visual confusion. When you check your event side panel there is no mission there, you have to check the "royal navy" side panel to see your progress. I mean its a visual complication that I recommend to be simpler.

Big thank you.

Members
1 post
929 battles

I got a transaction error when I went to collect a container then the game froze up so I had to close the game. As someone else mentioned the texture is missing from the torpedo etc on the container deck. I also noticed there is a typo on the explanation screen for Arms Race. It reads "biff" instead of "buff".

Edited by dmdvt
To add more feedback on an error I found.