You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RedBarchetta3

Placed in Ranked Battle at Rank 16 with no Tier 10. Game Over.

26 comments in this topic

[DFNT]
Members
71 posts
2,330 battles

I'll preface this by saying, it doesn't matter to me that I can't play Tier 10, I am well aware I am not ready. I'm just curious if anyone else ended up in the same situation as me.

Last Ranked Season was my first. With no Tier 10 ships, I couldn't progress any further than Rank 10. Fine, I had fun. Because of that Rank, I was placed into this Ranked Season at Rank 16. But, I still don't have a Tier 10 ship (I'm halfway through the grind from the Iowa to the Montana). So here I am at Rank 16. I win the first game, then lost several in a row. End up in 17. I won 3 straight last night which takes back through Rank 16. And that's it, I'm done after just 8 battles. Had I won the second battle that first night, I would've been done after 2 games. 

I actually enjoy Ranked Battles, as a new player it's a relief to play Tier 8 without Tier 9 and 10 red ships. Also, with just 7 boats on the enemy team, there are less boats to focus fire me. WG I wish you left the cut-off for Tier 8 at Rank 10, I would've like to play more Ranked Battles. 

Edited by RedBarchetta3
  • Boring 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
245 posts
4,140 battles

3 minutes ago, RedBarchetta3 said:

I'm just curious if anyone else ended up in the same situation as me.

Yes

[WOLF2]
Members
868 posts
7,026 battles

First, congrats, and glad you enjoyed it.

Hopefully, WG will revisit their tiering.  Heck, maybe they'll standardize on a single tier, rather than different tier levels.    

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,983 posts
6,579 battles

I was looking forward to playing Massachusetts this season but started at 14... 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,206 posts
8,683 battles

I can't say I understand WG's reasoning either; hopefully they will change it for the next ranked season.

It also makes no sense, at least to me, to purchase any of the stores T8 premium bundles, unless of course you just wanted the ships. The T8 play was so brief, hardly seemed worth it to specifically tailor a T8 ship just for ranked.

[DFNT]
Members
71 posts
2,330 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I was looking forward to playing Massachusetts this season but started at 14... 

Yep she was a beast. I started with the Alabama because she was good last season. After a couple losses I switched to the Massachusetts and wow, what a difference.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,556 battles
28 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

The T8 play was so brief

And for those of us that played last season and made it to at least rank 8, it was non-existent.

Community Department
2,032 posts
513 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

You have over a month, so happy grinding!

2 hours ago, RedBarchetta3 said:

I'll preface this by saying, it doesn't matter to me that I can't play Tier 10, I am well aware I am not ready. I'm just curious if anyone else ended up in the same situation as me.

Last Ranked Season was my first. With no Tier 10 ships, I couldn't progress any further than Rank 10. Fine, I had fun. Because of that Rank, I was placed into this Ranked Season at Rank 16. But, I still don't have a Tier 10 ship (I'm halfway through the grind from the Iowa to the Montana). So here I am at Rank 16. I win the first game, then lost several in a row. End up in 17. I won 3 straight last night which takes back through Rank 16. And that's it, I'm done after just 8 battles. Had I won the second battle that first night, I would've been done after 2 games. 

I actually enjoy Ranked Battles, as a new player it's a relief to play Tier 8 without Tier 9 and 10 red ships. Also, with just 7 boats on the enemy team, there are less boats to focus fire me. WG I wish you left the cut-off for Tier 8 at Rank 10, I would've like to play more Ranked Battles. 

Thank you for this feedback. We collect and transfer to developers all constructive thoughts. I'm almost in your situation and need to grind Minotaur to continue rank season on NA. 
We always try to make some changes and improvements. So, of course, next season will have them both. But still there is almost a month before the end of 10th. If you continue you still have enough time. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
245 posts
4,140 battles
55 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Thank you for this feedback. We collect and transfer to developers all constructive thoughts. I'm almost in your situation and need to grind Minotaur to continue rank season on NA. 
We always try to make some changes and improvements. So, of course, next season will have them both. But still there is almost a month before the end of 10th. If you continue you still have enough time. 

yay! acknowledgement!

Members
588 posts

You need a premi account, some flags out of a box and some Camo that has high Commander XYZ .....a lotta doubloons to pay for the “Free” Xp and u b at tier 10 in days! 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$&$$$$

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Well I started this season at rank 16 won one battle now I am stuck using tier 10s. It is a grind at that tier and I have 6 or 7 tier 10 ships with that being said don't be in too much of a rush.

Members
1,552 posts
9,841 battles

WG is pushing hard for tier 10 on all fronts in case anyone hasn't noticed. They make the most money when players play this tier. It's happening in Campaigns, Missions, Ranks, Special Missions, Clans and in Update 0.7.9  "New Arms Race Mode"  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-079/ 

"The rules of the Arms Race mode resemble those of a Random battle: 12 vs 12, with the main task being to score 1,000 points or destroy all enemy ships. What are the differences then? You can take part in such battles only on Tier IX and X ships".

The goal is to convince players to grind as many tier 10s as possible so that they will need to purchase high tier prem ships, prem accounts, and/or doubloons to maintain them. As a result the game is flooded with T10 potatoes.  

Members
588 posts
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

WG is pushing hard for tier 10 on all fronts in case anyone hasn't noticed. They make the most money when players play this tier. It's happening in Campaigns, Missions, Ranks, Special Missions, Clans and in Update 0.7.9  "New Arms Race Mode"  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-079/ 

"The rules of the Arms Race mode resemble those of a Random battle: 12 vs 12, with the main task being to score 1,000 points or destroy all enemy ships. What are the differences then? You can take part in such battles only on Tier IX and X ships".

The goal is to convince players to grind as many tier 10s as possible so that they will need to purchase high tier prem ships, prem accounts, and/or doubloons to maintain them. As a result the game is flooded with T10 potatoes.  

Also put out gotta have or defi want ships. Cite: Wooster and Haragumbo. 

Then gotta have or defi want new mods for existing tier 10 Cite: Legendary / Unique mod.  I expect to see revision of several of these mods as they are not really buffs. 

[DFNT]
Members
71 posts
2,330 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks for responding. I'll definitely have the Montana in time for the end of season 10, just not so sure I want to be the potato no one wants on their team.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,859 posts
4,847 battles

Premium camo. Makes T10 a money maker, but costs 5k gold. WG  knows this. They want you to buy it. Failing that, you have to do more things to generate credits so you can afford the T10s. Those activities also generate cash for WG.  They know this as well.

Running the game, improving the game, costs $$$ so I don’t begrudge them doing this sort of thing occasionally. If they do it again though...

[CAST]
Members
1,171 posts
7,210 battles

If you are half way through the grind from T9 to T10, then you should be able to complete in less than 50 games.  That's only 7 games a day for a week.

Members
1,552 posts
9,841 battles

If you're smart you would save up all your coal from Go Navy event, missions and crates and purchase a Musashi for 132k coal (after coupon). I've saved up 125k just by playing my normal game. Coal seems to be quicker than Free XP. The Musashi will let you grind the credits you need. Tada! 

Get it before it's removed from the Arsenal. 

Members
309 posts

Go pay WG for FXP and/or premium to boost up to T10. That's what you're supposed to do.

Members
309 posts

Go pay WG for FXP and/or premium to boost up to T10. That's what you're supposed to do.

1 hour ago, Thornir said:

Running the game, improving the game, costs $$$ so I don’t begrudge them doing this sort of thing occasionally. If they do it again though...

They have money to waste on a crappy music video, clearly they aren't hurting for cash.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,859 posts
4,847 battles
1 hour ago, intixw said:

They have money to waste on a crappy music video, clearly they aren't hurting for cash.

Well, they may have wanted to hire some folks, or give pay raises, or something. Publicly held companies NEVER have enough cash. There's no such thing,

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
3 hours ago, Thornir said:

Premium camo. Makes T10 a money maker, but costs 5k gold. WG  knows this. They want you to buy it. Failing that, you have to do more things to generate credits so you can afford the T10s.

I don't have any T10 premium camo, run premium consumables, and still make a little silver from T10.

Members
309 posts
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

Well, they may have wanted to hire some folks, or give pay raises, or something. Publicly held companies NEVER have enough cash. There's no such thing,

Nah, the CEO wanted another yacht.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,859 posts
4,847 battles
2 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I don't have any T10 premium camo, run premium consumables, and still make a little silver from T10.

Well, ok. Good. Many people don’t, especially on a loss. 

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,714 battles

Having tier 10 required ship from rank 16 to 2 is way to much. It was cool having it start from ranked 10 like last season. The increase will result in burn outs, or non participation (which in an event is not what you want to begin with), or a bunch of people who don;t play tier X to begin with.

I highly recommend a variety tiered ranked event OR, a tier 10 ONLY Ranked event For those who think ranked is in the same lines competitively of "TKOTST" (The King Of The Seas Tournament). GL, HF