Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

New Tier IX-X exclusive game mode: A solution to Tier VIII matchmaking?

14 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

So, fresh from the oven Dev Bulletin for 0.7.9 https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/bulletin-079/

We got the following info:

New Arms Race Mode

In Update 0.7.9, all players will be able to take part in testing the new Arms Race mode with its unique mechanics. We invite you to become one of the first players to check it out!

The rules of the Arms Race mode resemble those of a Random battle: 12 vs 12, with the main task being to score 1,000 points or destroy all enemy ships. What are the differences then? You can take part in such battles only on Tier IX and X ships. You will also have to pay specific attention to the special support zones that will appear in the central part of the map. If you manage to get into such a zone and activate it before the enemy, you will receive one of three bonuses to your ship's parameters:

• Reduced detectability
  • HP recovery
  • Main battery and TTs reload boost

The improvement of your ship’s parameters will remain active until the end of the battle. If you activate another point with a similar bonus, it will increase its effectiveness even further!

Furthermore, your allies within a range of 12 km from the activated point will get the same bonuses. But you'd better activate the bonus yourself, because the ship activating the zone gets a bonus double that of the others!

10 minutes after the beginning of the battle, or when one of the teams loses six ships, a Key Area will appear in the center of the map. Having seized it, you will quickly gain superiority in points and win the battle, especially if the remaining enemy ships retreat to restore their strength and avoid the battle. Fight, win, and share your experiences with us!

Seems like this is part of an effort of WG to provide a better experience to Tier VIII ships, by introducing a mode exclusive to Tiers IX and X. Personally I don't feel this will change much, and to be honest I dislike game modes that give bonuses to ship parameters. However it is what it is, (and still in testing),  let's get some discussion going! :Smile_popcorn:.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Well it does not interest me at all, as a PvE player. I think the Bonuses thing is silly, but since I will not be playing it my opinion does not mean anything. But good luck to all who will play this.:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

this mode is pretty stupid, you can imagine all the DDs rush there and torpedo soup, while the slower BBs get nothing

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

this mode is pretty stupid, you can imagine all the DDs rush there and torpedo soup, while the slower BBs get nothing

Umm t9 and t10 bbs arent that slow. Surely they will be within 12 km of their buddy capping the objective to get a bonus. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,242 battles

Its tested with T9-10 so the answer to your question is "not necessarily"

[INTEL]
Members
576 posts
7,294 battles

It's going to depend on a couple of things.  Is it fun?  What are the rewards for playing in this mode?  If it's not much different from Random other than the fact that there are no T8's, I doubt it will make much difference.  But I can't see WG introducing this mode without providing some incentive for people to do this vs Random.

[TASC]
Members
134 posts
5,580 battles

I hope it will get the T10 ships out of the MM queue so T 8 doesn't get hammered as much. I can also see this as an attempt to retain players who have reached T10 and have nowhere to go. it gives them a new challenge to strive for. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 hour ago, Hanger_18 said:

is ranked not exactly this?

Not exactly since last I checked I can’t use my Missouri in tier X Ranked...

[SBS]
Members
2,404 posts
2,253 battles

I'm guessing this is just a way to shorten matches.  If people like this new mode I assume it will be added to the rotation in random battles, I don't think it will be its own separate battle mode.  It will be interesting if this gets added if it stays T9 and 10 only.  I hope so.  It'll be nice to give the T8's some relief (sorry T6's).

[NG-NL]
Members
4,952 posts
8,094 battles

It won't do anything about the BBs that spend all match sniping in back, but it's a start.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

If it's absolutely hated, it might drive people back into lower tiers. You'd possibly see far fewer T9/10-heavy games and more in which the T8's were still bottom-tier but formed the majority of the team. That I could cope with.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,254 posts
24,696 battles
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm guessing this is just a way to shorten matches.  If people like this new mode I assume it will be added to the rotation in random battles, I don't think it will be its own separate battle mode.  It will be interesting if this gets added if it stays T9 and 10 only.  I hope so.  It'll be nice to give the T8's some relief (sorry T6's).

It depends what kind of mode the new mode is.

If its a Random battle mode, mode type, like Domination and Standard, then it should bleed off a considerable amount of tier 9s and 10s from the Domination and Standard modes because tier 9 and 10 players will not have a choice to opt out.  Thus giving a large relief to tier 8s.

If it is its own separate mode, like Random or Co-op, then the bleed off will probably be minor because I don't think that many players would choose that mode.  Thus not giving that much relief to tier 8s.

Sign in to follow this