You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Feyevich

Achived rank 16... and now??

6 comments in this topic

[KMK]
Members
68 posts
3,238 battles

Well, I achieved rank 16 in 11 battles (9 NC, 2 testing Z-23), I haven t any tier X ship. And now???? Thats all???, is there another reason to play ranked instead of random?.

PD: I never played ranked before, I start this game some months ago.

Edited by Feyevich

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
282 posts
9,059 battles

I believe the credit and XP are increased for the winning (whining) team

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Can’t you get all the way to 15 in T8 by winning two battles in rank 16?

Members
932 posts
5,667 battles
1 hour ago, Feyevich said:

Thats all???, is there another reason to play ranked instead of random?.

PD: I never played ranked before, I start this game some months ago.

Please read ALL of this, Feyevich, because there is stuff at the bottom that is worthwhile to know:

Well, not to harp on too fine a point, but you can play T8 at your current Rank 16, until you cross over to Rank 15.

At 154 games in The NC, you should be closing in on the Iowa. To do any more Ranked, you have to polish off the Iowa to suit up in the Montana. With an "A" hull, and a "B" hull, and a "C" hull, it's not a short grind.

As far as reasons for/against go, consider:

1. Ranked battles do not count for progress toward the daily missions. So you gotta do some randoms, co-ops, or Operations, if the coal and other rewards interest you..

2. Even modest progression in ranked nets you some steel.

3. The higher you finish in Ranked, the higher you start the following season.

4. Is Ranked fun/not fun for you?

I play ranked until it stops being fun. (Incidentally, every season I stop at a lower rank than the season before)

Now this is worth considering for you: With the WoWs Anniversary coming up, expect in mid-September that gifts will be awarded. In the past, among these gifts have been a supercontainer for every T10 you have in port by the drop date of the gifts.

In your position, I would consider:

1. Knocking out the final star to get rank 15. (Might start you at a higher rank next time.)

2. If high-tier BB play appeals to you, grind the Iowa hard to get Montana in port by approx. Sept 15 to pick up the extra supercontainer. Flags and camos help.

3. If you grind in the Iowa with gusto, you might have the Montana before the current ranked season ends.

If you go the route prescribed above, be aware that the Iowa is a ship that can get you into trouble quickly; it's speed can get you into bad spots fast, and broadside exposure gets punished hard.

[KMK]
Members
68 posts
3,238 battles

Thx Manny D, for taking the time to answer. Yes I have experienced the Iowa, but didn t purchase it, I was trying DDs. Not succes yet with Z-23.

Happens that I see so far reach to tier X, but Ill try to save credits. (need over 40M and I have only 4M)

I didnt know that I can reach 15 I ll try that.

Thx very much.

Edited by Feyevich

Members
932 posts
5,667 battles
1 hour ago, Feyevich said:

Happens that I see so far reach to tier X, but Ill try to save credits. (need over 40M and I have only 4M)

4M??? Ouch. I remember those days.

It sounds like you might be running a standard account(no premium time). If so, if your budget supports it, consider buying some premium time. Credit gains increase, but also XP gains increase.

If you have to stand on a standard account, consider selling ships that you've finished playing/grinding, and don't play/don't want to keep. This will put some credits back in your coffers, and free up port slots.

(Any XP you have on ships you sell remains on your account; you don't lose it.)