You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hans_CC

Old Topic - Old Question - Combat Signals

17 comments in this topic

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles

Nothing new and the some of the same old critique and old question regarding combat signals - with the new Arsonal it's getting unbalanced to secure combat flags - I don't care for this new system at all and it's even harder now to secure combat flags with the unbalanced payouts and the new arsenal system. My coal  is gone and coming off CLAN battles and now RANKED it's even more evident. Even if you elect to use Signals and Camo when opening your crates it is even more un-balanced than previously in the old setup. How about listening to your users and do the right thing? Let us get combat signals somehow besides the luck of the draw when opening crates and depleting coal. It's only the right thing to do.... Oh - and I get that part that everyone says if they are available easily then it defeats the purpose - figure it out - the balance is wrong now - please fix it. Thank you

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
705 battles

Hans,

Maybe I am missing your point?  For ~5 to 6k coal I can get 20 specific signal flags.  If I reach the three battle experience points (2k, 12.5k, 37k) in the game, I can select the signal crates and usually collect eight to 12 more signal flags.  If I play well in battle or use a specific ship I can collect signal flags.  If I am playing through one of the many campaigns or three year anniversary event I can collect flags.  And you are calling all that unbalanced?!  

While I agree that the signal distribution for some awards is underwhelming...the ways to earn signal flags has never been easier.

Edited by Gin_Blossoms

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles

Good - you have coal - and a mere 6k to 8k can get you what you need.

Clan battles and Ranked have depleted this capability because I don't have that quantity - and now have to run without combat flags - why does it have to be like this especially coming off of Clan and now going into Ranked - 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,372 posts
7,959 battles

I have no idea what the point you are even trying to make is. 

Combat signals, the lowest I have on ones I use is 170 - and that's because it's the one to reduce burn time that if they would lower the base damage of fires on BB's finally to compensate the fact IFHE is a thing and heavily used, I wouldn't be as concerned with it, and I'm only low because I stopped taking flag crates and haven't earned Fireproofs reliably in a while. Det flags, only use them on DD's, the 2 that up det chance I don't use period, unless a mission calls for fires and floods and having issue, usually I sell them, the one that doesn't up det chance I use at times but not much, don't use flooding recovery much because it's rare I die to floods or flood more than a few seconds. Can't recall the last time I rammed a ship. India Delta much as I ended up with 3 straight SC's of 100 of them each, between missions, containers, and Musashi in particular seeming to farm them never really have run low, NES sees limited use as 10% to AA depending on ship makes very little difference, rare is it 4 seconds off DCP or Repair party will save me, 5% to speed is nice but only use on maybe 7 ships, and well, I play German BB's a lot so I kinda have a large stockpile on the secondary flags. 

Not to mention that while yes, a little more is always better, it's not like the amounts they give make huge differences. Played a German BB the last few times going "I thought i had slightly more range" then dawned on me I forgot to re-add the flag after I had taken it off and made no major impact on my gameplay. I've never really used most of the others, even det flags I only just started to put them on DD's cause last few weeks I've been detonated a little more often. Only one I use, need, and really care to obtain is the one to put fires out, and because it ties to it India Delta's, which I think speaks more to the fact we need to tone down fire damage a little. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

I put my Signals on at the start of the week and forget about them a month later. I get my signal's passively so I don't actively pay for them or get them in containers. As always, this ain't WoT, this game makes everything easier even if a little annoying at times. You aren't gonna die that easily without signals but if you do, come up with the skills and tactics to over come your weakness.

[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
5 hours ago, Hans_CC said:

Nothing new and the some of the same old critique and old question regarding combat signals - with the new Arsonal it's getting unbalanced to secure combat flags - I don't care for this new system at all and it's even harder now to secure combat flags with the unbalanced payouts and the new arsenal system. My coal  is gone and coming off CLAN battles and now RANKED it's even more evident. Even if you elect to use Signals and Camo when opening your crates it is even more un-balanced than previously in the old setup. How about listening to your users and do the right thing? Let us get combat signals somehow besides the luck of the draw when opening crates and depleting coal. It's only the right thing to do.... Oh - and I get that part that everyone says if they are available easily then it defeats the purpose - figure it out - the balance is wrong now - please fix it. Thank you

The combat signals are easier to get now and I think fairly balanced.

You get combat signals for achievements in PvP, Ranked, and Clan Battles.

You can play the test server and get 3 of each signal for minimal effort.

You get combat signals in missions, events, campaigns and the like.

You can get combat signals in your daily crates and other earned crates.

You can buy specific combat signals in the Arsenal for coal and your coupon refreshes every patch.

Sorry, you seem to be wanting to buy signals and that is pay to win like premium ammo in WoT. If you run out in ranked and Clan Battles, then don't use them in other modes to save them. 

I'm a PvE main and except for a few economic signals for only a few high tier ships, I don't use signals at all in PvE and I save them for PvP & my few games in ranked/Clan Battles.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles
5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can buy specific combat signals in the Arsenal for coal and your coupon refreshes every patch.

Sorry, you seem to be wanting to buy signals and that is pay to win like premium ammo in WoT. If you run out in ranked and Clan Battles, then don't use them in other modes to save them. 

I'm a PvE main and except for a few economic signals for only a few high tier ships, I don't use signals at all in PvE and I save them for PvP & my few games in ranked/Clan Battles.

Nope you don't get it - you are correct - but the balance is still off - all valid hints - 

[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

1 hour ago, Hans_CC said:

Nope you don't get it - you are correct - but the balance is still off - all valid hints - 

Well, the items I listed above are roughly in the order they cam out, so what exactly is unbalanced?

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope you don't get it - you are correct - but the balance is still off - all valid hints - and if you don't play like I do how can you expect to see the same results - all points taken

[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
24 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

Nope you don't get it - you are correct - but the balance is still off - all valid hints - and if you don't play like I do how can you expect to see the same results - all points taken

You just restated what you said above, but provided no info on WHY you think that they are unbalanced. In the absence of you saying WHY, we have to guess. Based on your original post, I think you want to buy combat signals. Is that correct?

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles

I don't need to try and explain this if you don't play the same style as me and don't have the issue - I am allowed an opinion and I posted it in the OP. Thanks for the reply's - If I am having difficulty with securing signals for my style of play isn't that enough for anyone to understand? What else would you need to understand? I would like to have the opportunity to secure combat flags greater than what is currently setup in the game mechanics. Enough said - 

Edited by Hans_CC

[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
3 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

I don't need to try and explain this if you don't play the same style as me and don't have the issue - I am allowed an opinion and I posted it in the OP. Thanks for the reply's - If I am having difficulty with securing signals isn't that enough? What else don't you understand?

Sure, but you say you are having trouble getting signals, so we provided ways to get signals in case you missed one or more. That is all. 

Members
132 posts
6,165 battles
42 minutes ago, Hans_CC said:

I don't need to try and explain this if you don't play the same style as me and don't have the issue - I am allowed an opinion and I posted it in the OP. Thanks for the reply's - If I am having difficulty with securing signals for my style of play isn't that enough for anyone to understand? What else would you need to understand? I would like to have the opportunity to secure combat flags greater than what is currently setup in the game mechanics. Enough said - 

Well, it would be helpful if you explained your play style, otherwise we have no idea what you're talking about.  You say you want to get flags in some manner other than the multitude of ways you can currently get them, but you don't offer a proposal as to how to get them.

If you didn't want to explain yourself, didn't want to offer a solution, and didn't want any responses, then why post in the first place??

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,088 battles

I have already explained there are not enough flags available with playing the game - I don't know what your expectation is other than we should agree to disagree - I will not post any more replay to you... I posted my opinion and the fact is I can't seem to keep flags of "Combat" as I previously stated - 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,958 posts
2,203 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, Kizarvexis said:

so what exactly is unbalanced?

"Unbalanced" means "I don't have enough".  He said it clearly. 

Ubiquitous entitlement is so boring.

[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

"Unbalanced" means "I don't have enough".  He said it clearly. 

Ubiquitous entitlement is so boring.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles

I like the new meta there’s nothing worse in ranked than not having battle flags, now they give out flags for so  many campaigns and in containers  just plan ahead ,plus you can buy them with coal usually with a discount coupon