Sign in to follow this  
Haristess

GameCenter wont launch

4 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
216 battles

hi there.

Recently i got back into playing world of warships and world of tanks, and discovered that everything has to run through the "wargaming game center" now. (Hate with a passion btw)

So after installing the game. playing the game, over numerous days. just fine. but then one day, i tried openning the Game center in order to play world of warships, and the launcher would not load!
it pops up briefly in the task manager, before closing. this now happens repeatedly. the only way around this is to restart my pc for it to load, however, having played a game once during that time frame, exiting the gamme to come back later, the game center wont launch, to even access WOT or WOWS.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

"on a side note. i REALLY dislike how the games industry has turned from something so simple as double clicking on the Game.exe and directly playing a game you enjoy, to having to deal with a third party launcher, no different to steam, Uplay / epic games etc, simply to play a game. This game center also uses unnecessary Ram usage behind the scenes when you play wows and WOT aswell, and straight after launching the game, i close the gamecenter completely because of this."

I have my personal thoughts and feelings about WOT and WOWS but having a launcher is such a stupid thing.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
197 posts
3,824 battles
1 hour ago, Haristess said:

I don't have a technical answer for you that will help you along unfortunately. I strongly agree with your side note though. It looks to me like a Rube Goldberg mentality has infested this game in the last few months.

Community Department
2,016 posts
500 battles
6 hours ago, Haristess said:

hi there.

Recently i got back into playing world of warships and world of tanks, and discovered that everything has to run through the "wargaming game center" now. (Hate with a passion btw)

So after installing the game. playing the game, over numerous days. just fine. but then one day, i tried openning the Game center in order to play world of warships, and the launcher would not load!
it pops up briefly in the task manager, before closing. this now happens repeatedly. the only way around this is to restart my pc for it to load, however, having played a game once during that time frame, exiting the gamme to come back later, the game center wont launch, to even access WOT or WOWS.

"on a side note. i REALLY dislike how the games industry has turned from something so simple as double clicking on the Game.exe and directly playing a game you enjoy, to having to deal with a third party launcher, no different to steam, Uplay / epic games etc, simply to play a game. This game center also uses unnecessary Ram usage behind the scenes when you play wows and WOT aswell, and straight after launching the game, i close the gamecenter completely because of this."

I have my personal thoughts and feelings about WOT and WOWS but having a launcher is such a stupid thing.

Hi! There are 3 options that may help in this situation. You may try to:
- Turn off antivirus
- Perform a clean boot (not installation!) OS
- Reinstall WGC
If it doesn't help than you need to create a ticket to the support, attach WGCheck report and your notes to it.

Members
2 posts
216 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Hi! There are 3 options that may help in this situation. You may try to:
- Turn off antivirus
- Perform a clean boot (not installation!) OS
- Reinstall WGC
If it doesn't help than you need to create a ticket to the support, attach WGCheck report and your notes to it.

i dont see how my antivirus, or reinstalling the game center will make any difference.
also as ive stated before i have to restart my pc in order for the game center to launch. not all the time. im a pc user who keeps her pc running 24/7 so i run and lcose the gamecenter constantly from day to day, but it suddenly will not launch after a while. at this point i have to restart my pc in order to get the game center to launch.

i also dont believe im the only one in this instance to get this issue, but yes. its looking likely ill have to create a ticket.
i just thought perhaps it might be public knowledge and that i have to do something to stop it, like telling the .exe to run in compatibility mode for example. (doesnt make a difference btw ;) )

Thank you so much for the reply though. much appreciated :)

xxxx

Sign in to follow this