You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDgamesD

3rd Anniversary Collection Rewards are.. Underwhelming

23 comments in this topic

[-TNG-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
5,330 battles

Honestly I personally feel the results for the Anniversary collection compared to what was originally promised on the WoWS webpage: (I.E. one Anniversary premium Container for each part of the collection you completed), The 10 World of Warships Anniversary expendable camouflages for first the sub-collection, 10 Basilisk signals for the second, 10 Scylla signals for the third, and 10 Leviathan signals for the last section all pail in comparison, especially when compared to last year's rewards being permanent "Congratulatory" camo's that offered great bonuses. WG had a great opportunity to release a second batch of these, not only good looking, but beneficial perm-camo's for four lines that hadn't received them, even the rewards you get from the collection itself without/removing the thought of the previously announced and cancelled rewards it's still extremely underwhelming and honestly not seemingly worth the time, even in the scheme of "Free stuff", It was honestly, and rather sadly a major let-down on WarGaming's end.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 2

[90THD]
Members
135 posts
3,612 battles

agree completely

you can tell this year has been very, very bad

'J

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CYPHR]
Supertester
25 posts
5,747 battles

I agree as well.  I wish they had stuck with what they did last year as you said and just gave us different beneficial camo.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,052 battles

Last year I got a super container for each of my tier 10 ships. The collection had a number of perma camos for T8 ships, which actually led me to grind out three of them just  to be able to use the camos. so yeah. 

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

Nah. I'm happy. Those flags are awesome.

6 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Last year I got a super container for each of my tier 10 ships

We aren't even to the Anniversary yet, which is near the end of September IIRC. I'm certain they have more in store for us. 

[PVE]
Members
5,319 posts
17,828 battles
29 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

People are getting these anniversaries mixed up.

edit: or am I. Now Im confused about this as well.

People forget the anniversary event is celebrated over a stretch, the big prizes are given out ON the actual anniversary. I think it is like Sep 19th... I could have that wrong and have that date stuck in my head. Seems they do another event that is similar, Wargaming's Birthday. I think people are confusing the two or mashing them together.

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

WG goes overboard in issuing perks. What have I received in the past month, just for playing and not buying a thing?

30 + 7 + 1 + 1 = 39 days of Premium time.

1000 + 250 = 1250 doubloons.

80 camouflages.

About 450 signal flags.

About 100 consumables.

25,000 coal.

1600 steel.

There's more to come too!

And this is just the stuff I've accumulated in a month; it doesn't reflect the stuff I've used.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
5,319 posts
17,828 battles

Hey Snarg, did you get that 1000 doubloons out of thin air like I did? I didn't get mine out of a crate, just signed in and had 1k more than I had the day before, have no clue where they came from. KSN theorized they may be the reward for using the Game Launcher early.

Edited by Taylor3006

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

WG goes overboard in issuing perks. What have I received in the past month, just for playing and not buying a thing?

30 + 7 + 1 + 1 = 39 days of Premium time.

1000 + 250 = 1250 doubloons.

80 camouflages.

About 450 signal flags.

About 100 consumables.

25,000 coal.

1600 steel.

There's more to come too!

And this is just the stuff I've accumulated in a month; it doesn't reflect the stuff I've used.

I know! I've been scooping up stuff. I have zero complaints. The handouts have been spectacular, and you know there is more to come. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,319 posts
17,828 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

I know! I've been scooping up stuff. I have zero complaints. The handouts have been spectacular, and you know there is more to come. 

The best thing is that they have included all modes of play in gaining most of the rewards. I am very happy about that and Wargaming deserves some love for that. I actually spent money again because I was happy how things were going..

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,865 battles

Why does anyone complain about getting free stuff? Just because we didn't get more of it??

• Cool 1

Members
1 post

NOOB ALERT....

iM NEW TO THE GAME ,  BUT NOT NEW TO gAMING ...Im still at the NooB levels ..but im working my Port Side Off to get my stats up ...ive not yet had any freebies that i can tell ...but from what ive heard thus far generosity is not lacked here ...so if anyone has any tips on ships to make credits on in the beginning id appreciate all the help i can get ...you can PM me or whatever ...thanks all for reading this post ...and oH ya this game ROXX ......

[BOTES]
Members
1,896 posts
6,607 battles

Definitely should have brought some earnable perma camos to the game, especially for somewhat underwhelming ships like the last anniversary. Helped a lot with T8 New Orleans and will help me grind when I eventually get to Monarch. Not that I'm in any rush to get rid of KGV. Absolutely disgusting ship. I'm amazed it avoided the nerfbat this long.

[RNGRS]
[RNGRS]
Members
9 posts
2,983 battles

I know at least three people who have gotten doubloons or 10,000,000 silver credits. I wish I could say l was one but alas such is not the case.  When I asked why they said they did not know they just showed up.

Edited by Nero_Wolfe
Left out a word

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles

I've gotten a few odd flags, a few (not even close to a million) credits.  But no premium time or dubs.  Glad some of us are getting showered with freebies.  Did get the Eagle camo for the Des Memes out of the event.  Along with the flags that came out of the crates.  But that's about it.

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,241 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Hey Snarg, did you get that 1000 doubloons out of thin air like I did? I didn't get mine out of a crate, just signed in and had 1k more than I had the day before, have no clue where they came from. KSN theorized they may be the reward for using the Game Launcher early.

I hope it wasn't for that, because I've been using the new launcher for over a year and didn't get 1000 doubloons.

[-TNG-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
5,330 battles
10 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

People forget the anniversary event is celebrated over a stretch, the big prizes are given out ON the actual anniversary. I think it is like Sep 19th... I could have that wrong and have that date stuck in my head. Seems they do another event that is similar, Wargaming's Birthday. I think people are confusing the two or mashing them together.

8 hours ago, Khafni said:

Why does anyone complain about getting free stuff? Just because we didn't get more of it??

You don't seem to get what I was referring to: I.E. Not the event as a whole but rather the 3rd anniversary collection's rewards compared not only to what was originally promised: A premium/store 3rd Anniversary container for each section of the collection completed, But also the rewards from last year's collection, which as I said before, I felt not only failed to meet the expectations of the collection rewards previously announced, and I felt pailed in comparison to last year's rewards for it's collection. I'm not counting the Arsenal's Annviersary section as I feel it's not only a daily grind to get anything decent (The two Perma-camo's and Dasha/Space Captian, and don't even get me started on the fact there's no Italian Dasha Captain) but they would've benefited from the premium containers rewarding 20 Anniversry tokens from them each along with the signal flags and camo's, Not to mention the inability to obtain a decent amount of items from the Anniversary Arsenal (more than just two perma-camo's and a captain) without having to open your wallet and buy a ton of these anniversary containers, which while I understand the want and need from WG to profit from this from a business standpoint as WoWS is F2P and not Free to Develop, that doesn't make it any less demeaning-feeling for it to feel as if your forced to open your wallet to get a good amount of the things offered in it, let alone all of it if your a collector. 

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
476 posts
5,485 battles

I don't think the event is bad, it is just poorly timed. The Go Navy event seemed to have a never ending supply of crates, and items to buy. I'm not even sure how to earn crates for this event, and see no reason to buy 10 pt captains. If the Go Navy event hadn't just ended, the anniversary event would have felt better

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
214 posts
1,458 battles

I think the bigger disappointment is the arsenal selection.  I'm fine with transferring some of the collection value for events to the arsenal so that you get choice, but the commanders don't have unique traits and the (lesser) perma camos offered are repeats.

If they had 4 new T8 perma camos or the special captains (Dunkirk/Honore/Jutland/etc.) In there then it would be a better value imo.

Members
3,643 posts
13,502 battles

So what's the problem? We're getting freebies and WG doesn't have to give us anything.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles

This reminds me of the holiday event in WoT a few years ago, when December rolled around, nothing regarding events was posted and the forums went nuts because they thought we were being left out. Then when the holidays got closer, the events came out and turned out to be rather sweet & everyone was happy again.

We're not even into September and there's lots of whining about how terrible the event is. I admit, I've done a bit of whining myself, because as it stands, this event does seem rather lame. But, the actual anniversary is still quite a ways away and I'd expect more news when the September missions are revealed.

I'm willing to cut them some slack for the time being. Of course, I may be wrong, but I'm expecting more to come. 

Members
1,530 posts
681 battles
6 hours ago, Amenhir said:

I hope it wasn't for that, because I've been using the new launcher for over a year and didn't get 1000 doubloons.

Me either, that is all I've used.