Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

How many seasons before WG realizes save a star is bad?

12 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles

Seriously? I have been in games where guys were like "we are staying in our cap and farming damage because its safer, we will move out if something happens".

Like really?

The entire system is bias towards certain ships/classes such as the Hindy/ConQ-BBs, ect.... DDs basically don't play the same ranked as they can almost always forget about saving a star....

The entire meta in ranked would shift if WG would remove the silly "save a star" for being earning the most xp non-sense. Its not needed, it causes drama, it reduces ranked play to passive damage farming, it basically sucks!

Please fix!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles

That's tier ten game play and WG never admits they have made a mistake, so when people don't like something it stays the same.

• Funny 1

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,216 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Seriously? I have been in games where guys were like "we are staying in our cap and farming damage because its safer, we will move out if something happens".

Like really?

The entire system is bias towards certain ships/classes such as the Hindy/ConQ-BBs, ect.... DDs basically don't play the same ranked as they can almost always forget about saving a star....

The entire meta in ranked would shift if WG would remove the silly "save a star" for being earning the most xp non-sense. Its not needed, it causes drama, it reduces ranked play to passive damage farming, it basically sucks!

Please fix!

SPOILER ALERT!! They did way back in ranked. Just a few seasons ago it seems like, no matter what, the losing team would lose a star.  Guess what? The meta was the same. You can’t change the meta with such suggestions as for whatever reason, the NA server has this meta is ingrained through every mode but CW because at least in CW you act as a cohesive team. 

How to change the meta: introduce ship lines that directly counter said meta, ie. RN DDs and Kitakaze/Harugumo.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
318 posts
4,601 battles

LWM and iChase, to name two cc's gave different options for Ranked progression which didn't rely on saving stars to progress. I can see how this mechanic can be abused, because no matter the structure, there's always an angle 

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

I have seen it all tonight including you Cheeto! lol That was a good round!

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles
10 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

I have seen it all tonight including you Cheeto! lol That was a good round!

Yea buddy, you did well...... I was happy with the outcome of that round. I only played the henri that one cuz I got annoyed the game before and decided to work on grinding the Henri legendary mod and not caring about win/loss lol....

Its always nice to see forum guys in games. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

That was one of my "better" rounds in the wooster. It is very situational and I have not learned to carry in it yet..... All in all not a bad ship for me though.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

how about all losers  lose a star but the top winner gets 2 stars :)

• Bad 1

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles
28 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

That was one of my "better" rounds in the wooster. It is very situational and I have not learned to carry in it yet..... All in all not a bad ship for me though.

Its a hard one to carry in I feel like, I mean I have seen it done, but I can't figure it out. I mostly play my Zao in ranked because its the t10 I'm best with. I have been improving my henri play and getting really good at making people miss. 

I got the Zao, Henri, Repub, Khab, Mino, Worchester, Haragumo, DM.....

The Khab and hara I wouldn't dare bring into ranked, I have played a bit with wooster but mostly Zao. I hate the DM. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto

Members
1,130 posts
6,725 battles

WG has no interest in making ranked fun or remotely enjoyable.  The only way they can get people to play is by stuffing more and more "rewards" into it to try and entice people to play.  It is sad they put so much effort into operations, april fools etc into making them fun events to play, but ranked is just an afterthought.  They change a few rewards and that is it.  We had tier 8 ranked for 3 seasons in a row, and ranked 2 twice.(and all the other stuff that encourages playing tier 10 ships like clan battles)

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

@Slumlord_Cheeto Early on in ranked complaining about getting kicked back so often is why the Save a Star was put in. So its about time I suppose for that to change to placate the special players!

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles
28 minutes ago, Rilak said:

how about all losers  lose a star but the top winner gets 2 stars :)

I'm not sure why There isn't a way to get a double star. They should do something like 3 wins in a row = double star. 

Sign in to follow this