Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Anyone remember the Gamma Goat?

9 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

This guy mentions some things that I never knew, and I drove these things for years.

attachment.php?attachmentid=114669&d=134

• Cool 3

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,200 posts
10,165 battles
51 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This guy mentions some things that I never knew, and I drove these things for years.

attachment.php?attachmentid=114669&d=134

I do!  Spent a lot of time slingloading those things underneath my CH-47 Chinook back in the day.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles
1 minute ago, mohawkdriver said:

I do!  Spent a lot of time slingloading those things underneath my CH-47 Chinook back in the day.

As a medic, I was responsible for safety lectures. I got a guy to lift up an old car to 100 feet with his Huey and drop it nose first so the troops could see the results of a 55 mph crash. Never been around a Chinook except one time when I flew in a small plane to an airport where they had a National Guard base full of them. They are pretty impressive.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,313 posts

Moran strikes again

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

To paraphrase the great and mighty Khan of the Twisted Plains, Plaintwister, "Wargaming needs to change many things, [The Chieftain] is not one of them."

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,200 posts
10,165 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

As a medic, I was responsible for safety lectures. I got a guy to lift up an old car to 100 feet with his Huey and drop it nose first so the troops could see the results of a 55 mph crash. Never been around a Chinook except one time when I flew in a small plane to an airport where they had a National Guard base full of them. They are pretty impressive.

The biggest load I ever carried was a D-5 Bulldozer at just under 26,000 lbs, the limit of carrying capacity of that aircraft.  One could tell it was heavy, because when it lifted the dozer off the ground, you can see the side skin of the helicopter wrinkle under the load.  It took about 90% of the aircraft's power to lift it.

• Cool 2

[RST]
Members
78 posts
10,150 battles
13 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

The biggest load I ever carried was a D-5 Bulldozer at just under 26,000 lbs, the limit of carrying capacity of that aircraft.  One could tell it was heavy, because when it lifted the dozer off the ground, you can see the side skin of the helicopter wrinkle under the load.  It took about 90% of the aircraft's power to lift it.

You ever sling load a Mohawk?

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,200 posts
10,165 battles
7 hours ago, Capt_Talon69 said:

You ever sling load a Mohawk?

LOL, no.  But I've seen the photos.

Sign in to follow this