Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Ranked ******

32 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,590 battles

So I got to Rank 15....Ready for the next battle I rigged my Atago for a rare CA appearance.   NO GO!!!!   I must proceed as a tier 10.

What kind of crap is this????

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

The parameters of the event were clearly stated.

Between Ranks 23–16, battles will involve Tier VIII ships only. For Ranks 15–2, battles require ships from Tier X. Commanders who achieve Rank 1 can, of course, continue playing against each other with ships from Tier V.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles

You have 7 t9s, grind out a t10 and hit the battle button man. 

• Cool 2

[NETSI]
Members
69 posts
7,653 battles

It is strange they decided to push the tier 10 threshold so early this time compared to rank 10 in last season.

Didn't even get to try playing tier 8 ranked ships, which I would have wanted to try seeing the new tier 8 cleveland in action.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,110 posts
9,224 battles

Same as last season. 

[FML]
Members
1,636 posts
9,912 battles
19 minutes ago, paradat said:

Same as last season. 

Except T10 ships kicked in much later, at R10.

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

Members
57 posts
2,700 battles

Guess that is where it end for me this season, only got one 8 and no 10.   Just recently came back to play for coal and steel.  

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,462 battles

@Sinton Did you even bother to read the Ranked Battles information for this season. It was in the news even before Clan Battles expired.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,309 battles

I have never spent the effort to hit Rank 1, but the challenge has always tempted me.

Until this season.

T10 from R15 on???  Pffft.  No thanks.  I have them, just don't care to grind them.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
45 minutes ago, Sinton said:

So I got to Rank 15....Ready for the next battle I rigged my Atago for a rare CA appearance.   NO GO!!!!   I must proceed as a tier 10.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and deduce you didn't read any of the Ranked info, because it was there, in advance, clear as day.

• Bad 1

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,024 battles
10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Sinton Did you even bother to read the Ranked Battles information for this season. It was in the news even before Clan Battles expired.

Reading is OP, must be nerfed immediately.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,122 posts
18,638 battles

Reading the fine print will not harm your eyes.

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

Tier X from ranked 15 to ranked 2, man that is a grind for even those who don;t play tier X often. As for me, it will convince me to grind out the Legendary mods, but I am tier X burnt out since last Ranked season. GL to those who are trying to rank out this season. You have my admiration

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Regardless if he read the rules or not, I do agree with the premise that more/new players should not be alienated from one of the biggest events in the game. It could easily be argued that its a blatant attempt to force players to spend more money so that they can play ranked ever the next several weeks. 

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Reading the fine print will not harm your eyes.

This is what I like about reading on my computer -- I can easily increase the font size to a point that I actually can see it.

[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,024 battles
2 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Regardless if he read the rules or not, I do agree with the premise that more/new players should not be alienated from one of the biggest events in the game. It could easily be argued that its a blatant attempt to force players to spend more money so that they can play ranked ever the next several weeks. 

I think the T10 requirements are WG's response to the hundreds of comments about players not bothering with finishing tech tree lines. So if you want the rewards you need to get the big boats now.

Guess they do pay attention to what's post in forums after all.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I think the T10 requirements are WG's response to the hundreds of comments about players not bothering with finishing tech tree lines. So if you want the rewards you need to get the big boats now.

Guess they do pay attention to what's post in forums after all.

Whether an individual wants to grind through 8/9 is his/her choice...all tier tens take a significant commitment. I can see many a player quitting on the Izumo (pre buff) and starting another line. The other real insult to tier 10 at rank 15 is that you may only need 7 or 8 wins to drop from the 20's to not being able to play.

the business model should be make the game more enjoyable to increase potential spend by all players, not pay more just so you can play.

Thread after thread complains about ranked, very few if any are about how much they love it. I have no complaints with ranked play, I just don't want to see many of the playerbase alienated and turned off....we need as many happy players/customers as possible.

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Thread after thread complains about ranked, very few if any are about how much they love it. I have no complaints with ranked play, I just don't want to see many of the playerbase alienated and turned off....we need as many happy players/customers as possible.

I like ranked, if the players are serious about it and cordial in chat. I've noticed a difference once it got to tier X levels. It takes some commitment to the game to grind out a tier X. It took me a year and a half of play to do so. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles
1 hour ago, Sinton said:

Is it a wonder that the very people that can't be bothered to read the forums, or the in-game announcements are the very people that can't manage to hold a 50 percent win-rate after over 5k games? 

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I like ranked, if the players are serious about it and cordial in chat. I've noticed a difference once it got to tier X levels. It takes some commitment to the game to grind out a tier X. It took me a year and a half of play to do so. 

I hear ya, I just watched a replay of my last battle and got to read some of the battle chat. It's a good thing I don't read that during the battle. I also wonder how anyone can pay attention to what's going on while they are typing so much.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that people ranked 15 and below are really happy that this guy won't be Q'ing games and put on there team. 

Members
330 posts
6 battles
9 hours ago, Sinton said:

5677 random battles and still no T10 yet, with a 46% winrate. Yeah, we're losing a very strong player here :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,692 posts
15,333 battles
32 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I hear ya, I just watched a replay of my last battle and got to read some of the battle chat. It's a good thing I don't read that during the battle. I also wonder how anyone can pay attention to what's going on while they are typing so much.

Got that. I pushed the F10 or F12 at the start of the two I played in Alabama, and ignored the chat (1 win-1 loss, up 1 rank). I did not see any useful suggestions in chat in either game. The salt shaker was used liberally by most folks. For me, not worth the hassle...

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Sign in to follow this