You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Madman7

Love WoWS, hate how it makes me feel

23 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
491 posts
4,271 battles

Such a love hate relationship with this game.

Games are supposed to be fun, yes?

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,099 posts
9,218 battles

Yes. 

Frustration is something you can eliminate from your experience, but it takes a lot of interpersonal growth and work.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
3,554 posts
6,867 battles
32 minutes ago, Madman7 said:

I hear you. I bail as soon as a losing streak appears. I've still not been able to shift over to Coop but you might consider it; there, the losses are less painful, but the victories less sweet.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles

Don't play above T6 and you will be fine.  Once you start getting grouped into T7 and above, the game becomes a crapshow of HE spam and broken P2W ships.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
51 minutes ago, Madman7 said:

No; according to WoW and WG, games are supposed to be PROFITABLE. Now hurry up and start burning up those camos and consumables in all those fun tier 10 ranked and clan battles.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,398 posts
3,661 battles
27 minutes ago, paradat said:

Frustration is something you can eliminate from your experience, but it takes a lot of interpersonal growth and work.

Reason #1 I haven't played ranked since season.. 3?

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

In my heart, I feel there is a certain hypnosis built into this game. I've never spent the money that I have on this game compared to all other games and close to all other computers combined as it relates to gaming.

Members
9,868 posts
48 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes. 

If you're seeking interpersonal growth in some random game, you're doing it wrong.......:Smile_Default:

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles

Frustration actually is a good thing, in moderation. If you are never frustrated then you never are goaded to get better.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
1 hour ago, Madman7 said:

When ever I feel that way

I just think of Doris Day

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,467 battles
54 minutes ago, ph3l0n said:

Don't play above T6 and you will be fine.  Once you start getting grouped into T7 and above, the game becomes a crapshow of HE spam and broken P2W ships.

Not true, T7 and above require more skill to play then the low tiers. You can be below-average/average and do well at low tiers because your not punished nearly as hard for your  mistakes. At high tier bad positioning will get you rekted and lose games.  I like high tier better because it requires more skill. 

[WORX]
Members
1,648 posts
12,706 battles

In respect to Aretha Franklin, WOWS makes me feel like a natural woman.....

Spoiler

Because I complain/nag as much as them while playing the game.

RIP, Aretha...

Edited by Navalpride33

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

i love me some boats, !  i  run prem acct and thats it, i figure if i want anything else  ill have to play for it :)

well i did buy a tirps and dunke, but thats it :) since open beta.

earned enough gold to get a scharnhorst felt good hitting the in game buy button !  

earning stuff keeps me playing,  got good at making FREE EXP with use of flags and camos and those 100-200% 1st wins.  got all the free exp boats.... fun fun !

[WOLF2]
Members
1,162 posts
12,862 battles
2 hours ago, Madman7 said:

Here, have a Snickers Bar!

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,099 posts
9,218 battles
16 hours ago, awiggin said:

If you're seeking interpersonal growth in some random game, you're doing it wrong.......:Smile_Default:

Oh agreed. Games just are away to show the individual how far they still have to go.

[ENDVR]
Members
370 posts
5,218 battles
18 hours ago, Madman7 said:

I play this game because I feel it’s challenging (so both fun and frustrating).  Fun with no frustration ... I guess that’d be pulling pranks on the wife and kids.

Beta Testers
770 posts
5,859 battles
17 hours ago, ph3l0n said:

Huh? What P2W ships?

Do you even know what P2W means?

[GN_BR]
Members
125 posts
4,616 battles

The only game I have played that has more highs and lows for me is golf(the outside version).

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
214 posts
1,458 battles

I really enjoy some parts of this game and then I get frustrated with others.  For me the first win multiplier is a disincentive despite being fine with it in WoT.  I'm not sure why, maybe just the length and pacing of matches, but I'm less likely to just keep hitting play when it's gone most days.  Maybe someone has done the math and can prove my perceptions wrong, but it feels like WoWS is so much longer to grind through the same tier structure than WoT is.  It's probably not true, I mean last night on the KGV I got 5K for a loss then 9K exp for a win right after, that's 10% of the unlock for the time equivalent of three WoT matches, so I dunno.

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

If a video game causes you to have emotional responses on that level you should consider contacting a mental health professional. 

To find a mental health provider, you have several options:

• Ask your health insurance company for a list of covered providers. Many insurance companies make a list of providers they cover available on the internet.
  • Seek a referral or recommendation from your primary care provider.
  • Ask trusted friends, family or clergy.
  • Check to see whether your company's employee assistance program (EAP) or student health center offers mental health services, or ask for a referral.
  • Contact a local or national mental health organization by phone or on the internet, such as the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
  • Search the internet for professional associations that have directories of mental health providers, such as the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association or the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
  • Check phone book listings or search the internet under categories such as community service numbers, counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists or social service organizations.

[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,142 battles
18 hours ago, Madman7 said:

For starters you need to realize no "thing" can "make" you feel something it is a "choice" you are making as to how you feel whether you realize it or not....take control of yourself and ask some questions like...Why am I getting upset? It is most likely like the rest of us you are very competitive and who doesn't like to win...all the time. But that in an unrealistic goal. Most will fall into the under 50% winrate and there's nothing wrong with that, it is reality and you are normal. Is this a life changing event for you? Will you become a master professional WoW gamer and make millions at it? Probably not....so try to enjoy life and let things happen and take the opportunities as they come. It is "just a game" and when you realize that you may enjoy things about it like the artwork, the sea, and the friends you may make along the way. My generation came from one that had to keep putting quarters in a machine when we lost and it suked when you were broke lol...so enjoy the match do your best and have fun...make a conscious choice to. :Smile_great: