Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Poll: Do you think CA and DD performance emblems distract them from duty?

Do you think CA and DD performance emblems, which are damage based, distract them from duty?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think CA and DD performance emblems, which are damage based, distract them from duty?

• Yes. It will be better if the criterias are changed to reflect their duty.
    • No. I'm okay with them giving up objectives and do damage farming the whole game.
    • I'm unfamiliar with the issue discussed here and have no opinion.

21 comments in this topic

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles

4.png.da9aa3adba33a02393434227a83015d4.png

I noticed lately that frequently some DDs sail full speed away from the caps, towards the edge of the map. This only happens among Tier 8 to 10 ships. At first I thought they might be executing an alternative strategy, such as hitting the cap from a different angle. Then they never really try to cap for the whole game, and instead they are only interested in torpedo salvos. While it is given that DDs can go CV hunt and stuff, these are usually noobish strategies and were rarely used before the emblems.

Among Tier 8 to 10 ships, I am also baffled when well-positions CAs are shooting at a distant enemy BB instead of a nearby enemy DD in the cap. Are these emblems really so attractive like kids to candies???

1.thumb.png.e71a4a0c20ed8bc7e74608d6c764a3d3.png

2.thumb.png.869b3096a9325a150989328a45a0d884.png

I have no problems with the BB and CV emblems. It is the duty to deal damage in those ships, but DDs are supposed to cap and CAs are supposed to support friendly DDs and fight enemy DDs.

A possible solution to this is to revise the criterias of earning the emblems. For instance, the DD emblem can instead have the criteria of contribution to capture (e.g. CTC 30% instead of 33k damage), and the CA emblem, average damage to DDs (e.g. 12k damage to DDs insteads of 47k damage). In this way, players still grinding for the emblems can be properly rewarded for doing their duty.:fish_happy:

• Bad 2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles

People played like that before the emblems were added. Those same people likely aren't acting like that because of the emblems. 

[POP]
Members
527 posts
11,515 battles

This poll is so rigged I would think it was a product of state sponsored hacking! 

Image result for rimshot

This reads the same as a lot of threads. Others blame X consumable, some blame X day of the week, all should probably point to human nature or game smarts.

Edited by Alabamastan

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,161 posts
3,867 battles

Heaven forbid a destroyer play the game, no, his sole purpose of existing is to facilitate your mighty battleship greatness.

Serious answer: If a battleship can give up objectives and farm damage all game, than it should be okay for cruisers or destroyers to do the same. Don't be a hypocrite.

More likely, in the case of destroyers, it's being done to avoid radar spam. You know, that adaptation you keep telling them to do?

In the case of cruisers, they keep their distance because it's the best way to avoid being deleted by your overpowered main battery. Once again, adaptation that you're whining about that you're also the cause of.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[NETSI]
Members
68 posts
7,593 battles

I'm sad that as a BB player that always prioritizes low health ships first, my BB average damage will never be enough to get the last two emblems.
This is the price for players that play with the objective in mind. They don't get rewarded as much for it than just farming damage.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,161 posts
3,867 battles

There's nothing to see here. Just a BB main salty that those other, lesser ships think they deserve to play the game too.

• Bad 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles

Sure, right after you add the "incentives" for "encouraging" BBs and CAs and CLs to support and do their duty. Otherwise, you're just trying to make one type of ship do what is best for you in the game.

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,664 posts
9,977 battles

I didn't so much play ships differently, as play different ships.

Compared to the average damage some ships have a much harder time than others.

Minotaur/DM average about 64k damage per battle. Henri/Zao are at about 78k damage per battle. Clearly achieving 95k to win the insignia is far easier for the later two - you have to be above average, but far less so than for Minotaur/DM.

In fact the top 25% of Mino/DM drivers don't do 95k - but they do for every other cruiser.

Shima/Groz/Gearing/Z-52 average from 42-46k damage per battle. Khabarovsk is far higher at 60k with Yueyang close behind (playerbase effects partially responsible). Clearly again getting 64k means barely being above average in Khabarovsk for damage, or about 50% above average in Gearing.

The top 25% of Gearing drivers don't do 64k average. The top 50% of Khab drivers do a pretty easy 79k.

I would rather have had more suitable challenges for the various ship types, but que serra serra. At least it's easy to get the destroyer one in the Russian ship eh?

[BIAS]
Members
3,012 posts
8,982 battles

Biased poll is biased. 

You mean the emblems I got for playing the game normally? 

• Cool 2

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
822 posts
4,524 battles

Hmm a DD sailing away from the cap. Seems pretty smart. Do you want him to smoke up in the cap and get killed because he's spotted by a radar ship. DDs are learning to adapt. The good ones stay alive helping their team win. Most DDs stay hidden till ships are distracted then reveal themselves so sometimes the cruiser is unaware of a DD. I know when I play cruisers I tend to only shoot at a DD if its  a decent shot but if it's over 10km away I may choose a different target depending on my shell speed.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
59 minutes ago, _Marines said:

I noticed lately that frequently some DDs sail full speed away from the caps, towards the edge of the map. This only happens among Tier 8 to 10 ships.

This begins at tier 2.  It continues to tier 10.  Potatoes gonna potate.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

No. Especially cruisers are a DPM role, so the badges reflect their 'duty' just fine.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles
42 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

This begins at tier 2.  It continues to tier 10.  Potatoes gonna potate.

I'm totally okay with low tier players potate. But I have a problem with emblems encouraging non-potatoes at Tier 8 to 10 potate.

Now I just posted this thread about CAs and DDs, and here you go. This game. 2 full health BBs staying behind while we are winning. The Dunklinfire5912's comment just makes me start uncontrollably laughing: :Smile_teethhappy:

5b85d99ab8859_canteven.thumb.png.1f433298e9ee8920fb0935a30a1c3b2d.png

[-I-]
[-I-]
Members
78 posts
10,955 battles

Maybe a lot of dds are doing late caps and avoiding the cap early for a reason, such as a whole ton of radar has been added to the game.

Members
1,125 posts
6,685 battles

Every ship or type of ship has people who make themselves as useless as possible.  Nothing you can do about it.  and more than likely, they aren't good enough to earn those emblems that you say they are playing for.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,659 posts
7,555 battles

This reminds me of the BB that pushed my edinburgh out of smoke and said "go spot no smoke kemp".

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

As everyone tells DD players every patch they get a nerf..   

They are Adapting to the Radar swarm.   They are Adapting to the BB players who wont leave the spawn point,  They are Adapting tot he Cruisers who have to hide behind islands so they don't get deleted too soon.

So with that, we DD players are telling you..   ADAPT and you go cap for a change.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,856 battles
2 hours ago, _Marines said:

I have no problems with the BB and CV emblems. It is the duty to deal damage in those ships, but DDs are supposed to cap and CAs are supposed to support friendly DDs and fight enemy DDs.

Sounds fun!  What game are you talking about?

[O7]
Supertester
26 posts
7,422 battles
26 minutes ago, tydeson42 said:

Maybe a lot of dds are doing late caps and avoiding the cap early for a reason, such as a whole ton of radar has been added to the game.

Golly gee wilakers, these days it's almost as if DD captains actually have to think about what they do each game, instead of blindly walking into the nearest cap!

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,252 battles
19 hours ago, Alabamastan said:

This poll is so rigged I would think it was a product of state sponsored hacking! 

Image result for rimshot

This reads the same as a lot of threads. Others blame X consumable, some blame X day of the week, all should probably point to human nature or game smarts.

That poll is an act of passive-aggression

Sign in to follow this