Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Lert needs your help! Finding information about the armor profile for 1913

4 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Good people, who have traveled from villages near and far. Lend me your ears!

My next in-depth proposal for a premium ship will be about the Germaniawerft 803 design for the Dutch 1913 battleship project.

VxS7GD5.png

However, my information on her armor profile is scarce, I just have the following numbers:

• Belt: 150 - 250mm
  • Bulkheads: 200mm
  • Barbettes: 110 - 300mm
  • Torpedo bulkheads: 40mm
  • Deck: 25 - 50mm
  • Conning tower: 200 - 300mm

But to maintain the standard of quality of my in-depth proposal threads I need more information. Being a German design, would she have had a turtleback? How thick? How many decks? How high would her citadel have sat? How far did the armor belt extend? How thick was her upper belt?

Any information anyone can find will be useful, as long as it has a verifiable source linked in the post. I'm not sure how much information exists, but anything helps.

Thank you for your help!

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[1IF]
Members
73 posts
2,579 battles

https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2017/06/10/the-drawingboard-battleships-for-the-royal-netherlands-navy-iii/ This article by Anthony van Dijk is from Warship International, N°4, 1989

If you don't already have them, the profile images should help you, though I can't see the armor figures.  

The only numbers that seem to be consistent is 180mm armor for the casemates and 40mm longitudinal torpedo bulkheads 4.25m inboard.  

Image 6 makes it look like the belt doesn't extend all the way aft but it looks like it extends all the way to the bow in image 7.

I've got a long night ahead of me, so I'll keep looking for stuff.

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,883 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

Good people, who have traveled from villages near and far. Lend me your ears!

My next in-depth proposal for a premium ship will be about the Germaniawerft 803 design for the Dutch 1913 battleship project.

VxS7GD5.png

However, my information on her armor profile is scarce, I just have the following numbers:

• Belt: 150 - 250mm
  • Bulkheads: 200mm
  • Barbettes: 110 - 300mm
  • Torpedo bulkheads: 40mm
  • Deck: 25 - 50mm
  • Conning tower: 200 - 300mm

But to maintain the standard of quality of my in-depth proposal threads I need more information. Being a German design, would she have had a turtleback? How thick? How many decks? How high would her citadel have sat? How far did the armor belt extend? How thick was her upper belt?

Any information anyone can find will be useful, as long as it has a verifiable source linked in the post. I'm not sure how much information exists, but anything helps.

Thank you for your help!

The Dutch designers did not have the lessons of Jutland available when designing it, iirc, it had a pre-Jutland armor layout.  No source, sorry.  

derp.  misread as the later one

Edited by _V12

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
3 hours ago, Z0RAK said:

https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2017/06/10/the-drawingboard-battleships-for-the-royal-netherlands-navy-iii/ This article by Anthony van Dijk is from Warship International, N°4, 1989

If you don't already have them, the profile images should help you, though I can't see the armor figures.  

The only numbers that seem to be consistent is 180mm armor for the casemates and 40mm longitudinal torpedo bulkheads 4.25m inboard.  

Image 6 makes it look like the belt doesn't extend all the way aft but it looks like it extends all the way to the bow in image 7.

I've got a long night ahead of me, so I'll keep looking for stuff.

Much thanks!

Sign in to follow this