Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

I kinda suck playing T10 ships...however...

17 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,784 posts
12,916 battles

...I tend to do really well playing T8 ships in T10 battles.  Lately, it seems I do BETTER in my T8 in a T10 match than in my T10 in a T10 match.  Go figure.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 3

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,209 posts
10,213 battles

I like burning T10's to the water line in my T8's...I have a fire fetish.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

As a T10 player the brunt of responsibility to carry your team to victory is on you.  If you make poor decisions, it will have more of an impact on the outcome of the game than, say, T8 ship in the same battle.

Alpha Tester
272 posts
6,072 battles
55 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Yea, me also, course the beatin' I got for burning down Grilly's outhouse when I was a kid, did kind of put a damper on it. I love strike anywhere matches.

• Funny 1

Members
133 posts
6,218 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

...I tend to do really well playing T8 ships in T10 battles.  Lately, it seems I do BETTER in my T8 in a T10 match than in my T10 in a T10 match.  Go figure.

I have that same tendency myself.  This is funny given the numerous posts lately complaining about matchmaking and Tier 8 far too often getting Tier 10 matches.  I actually do better in my Tier 8 ships in Tier 10 matches than I do in my Tier 9 ships.  Go figure.

[WDS]
Members
348 posts
6,898 battles

Maybe because when we get up tiered in tier 8 a lot of times only half the ships are tier 10 there are a few 9 and a few others 8 . But when u play tier 10 everyone is tier 10 .  

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

same here....but i don't play T10 the one that i have ...just got it and never touched it....lol really Zero games with her.  basically bc i'm comfortable and are having fun with my mid Tier ship...and i like it no real reason to play a t10 ....just to have bc...well its the end of the line...so might as well get her...more like a trophy(something like that).  

i play most in T7 and T8...and there are people that have T9 or T10 in there.  and usually id be in my T7 or T8...fun to see that i can sink a Yamato with a T8 ...lol ^_^ 

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles

I have noticed the same for a long time and honestly I think it has to do with matchmaking. When your a T8 doing well in a T10 match your bringing more to the table to the matchup because the other teams T8 may of got deleted. You also don't hurt your team nearly as bad if you don't carry your weight in a t8 in a t10 match because you being in the game means another t8 is in the game. When you don't carry your load in a t10 ship you have given the other team an advantage that can sink the entire matchup. 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,218 battles

I think I play T8s better vs T10, maybe because I am way more careful, to easy to get deleted.  In my Roma, which sees a lot of T10 matches, I just pretend I am a big heavy CA, and fight her that way...she does very well against t10 CAs  :)

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Well, depends on the Tier 8 I guess...I seem to have trouble hurting things in my Eugen...but if we want to talk fires, then we need my Martel.... 

As for me, I seem to be running short on reasons to go above 8....maybe 7 some nights, LOL... 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

I have always done better playing Richelieu at Tier X than playing Iowa at Tier X. I don't know the reason for it. If anything, seeing a lot of Tier VIII means some players see "easy prey" so they stop playing passive and get hurt because of it.

Members
1,789 posts
17,406 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

That would tend to make sense because you get a big XP buff when you can focus down T10s in a T8 as opposed to the other way around & if say a Yammy & a Roma are both together odds are the Yammy will be the 1 focused down by the other team giving the T8s a buffer if they stick by their T10s as support instead of yoloing off to a quick death.

T8s also tend to have better detection, rudder shifts & propulsions than T10s making it easier to sneak up on the T10s & kite away quicker.

Mogami in particular is a nasty HE spamming monster that can quickly ruin a slow moving T10 DD (or even a  T10 BBs) day & scoot away laughing at the ease w/which it can dodge the intended revenge torpedoes/rounds.

But the 2 tier difference is irrelevant if you stick to the ship type strengths...such as any T8 BB can ruin a T10 CA/CLs day...any T8 cruiser can ruin a T10 DDs day & any T8 DD can ruin T10 BBs day...& CVs are just CVs & can ruin anybody's day if they wait for the AA to get stripped before attacking certain targets.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,209 posts
10,213 battles
6 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

Yea, me also, course the beatin' I got for burning down Grilly's outhouse when I was a kid, did kind of put a damper on it. I love strike anywhere matches.

My Dad was a fireman, so...

[POP]
Members
1,155 posts
14,796 battles
7 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Sadistic but strangely enjoyable to hear about :Smile_teethhappy:

fire can do that to people plus 1  

• Funny 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
932 posts
10,354 battles

It's because when you are T10, you are the Calvary. There isn't someone else on the team with a better ship to potentially help you out of a bad situation. Also on average, when you are in T8 and top tier, you are playing against less skilled players than when you are in a T10,  in a match with T8-T10.

Sign in to follow this