You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMSTog

Question About Legendary Upgrades

8 comments in this topic

[BANG]
Members
159 posts
4,453 battles

So I just got my first T10 recently, the DM:Smile_smile:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the mission to get the legendary upgrade ends on December 31 like it says or if it just resets at the end of the year until you get the upgrade.

Thanks for your help if anyone knows the answer

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,793 battles
2 minutes ago, HMSTog said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if the mission to get the legendary upgrade ends on December 31 like it says or if it just resets at the end of the year until you get the upgrade.

I believe WG stated that they had to put that date in just as a placeholder but that there really is no end date to get these mods. 

• Cool 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
220 posts
7,891 battles

there's only end date for technical reasons. It will be updated continuous so effectively there's no end date

• Cool 1

Members
1,552 posts
9,841 battles

FYI  Not all Legandary Upgrades are worth getting. Some t10 ships are better left as is. Here's a great video by Flamu discussing the upgrades and which ships they help most. 

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,022 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

FYI  Not all Legandary Upgrades are worth getting. Some t10 ships are better left as is. Here's a great video by Flamu discussing the upgrades and which ships they help most. 

While Flamu did not rate the DM module, I have found it to be quite enjoyable and suited to my play style.

Watch these Youtube reviews with a grain of salt. If you enjoy playing the ship, grind out the module and try it yourself.

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
2 hours ago, HMSTog said:

I have the numbers below. I don't have the DM Unique Upgrade yet, but I am working on it. I did put the Propulsion Mod 2 on to see how it helps acceleration.

1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I don't care much for Flamu, but your mileage may vary. See numbers below.

37 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

While Flamu did not rate the DM module, I have found it to be quite enjoyable and suited to my play style.

Watch these Youtube reviews with a grain of salt. If you enjoy playing the ship, grind out the module and try it yourself.

Yeah, there are all kinds of opinions and while I put my opinion below, take it with a grain of salt as well. Here are the numbers. Definitely check out the numbers and compare to the other slot 6 upgrades to see if it works for you.

I tested the base DM acceleration to 27 knots 5 times and got ~27 seconds each time. With Propulsion mod 2 to 27 knots, I got roughly 22, 21, 22, 21, 22 which averages out to 21.6 seconds. I put approximately for all the times as the sample size is small. I don't have the Unique Upgrade, so I could not test it in the training room.

Des Moines Enhanced Propulsion slot 6

-50% accelerate to full power
-20% rudder shift
-10% RADAR duration

Ship acceleration appears to be a geometric progression to higher speeds.

The base DM accelerates to 27 knots in approximately 27 seconds.
The DM with Propulsion Mod 2 (slot 4, -50% to time to acceleration to full power) is approximately 21.6 seconds
With the Propulsion Mod 2 AND the Unique upgrade, the time to accelerate to 27 knots is approzimately 8 seconds per WG. (I don't have the UU yet)

base rudder shift is 8.6 seconds.
rudder shift with Unique Upgrade is 6.9 seconds. 
(rudder shift with Unique Upgrade AND Steering Gears mod 2 (also slot 4) gives a 5.5 second rudder shift BUT you give up the great accel from above)

RADAR duration is 40 seconds.
RADAR duration with Unique Upgrade is 44 seconds.
RADAR duration with Unique Upgrade and special RADAR upgrade in slot 2 is 52.8 seconds. The RADAR special upgrade is 12,750 coal with coupon in the Arsenal and the upgrade coupon refreshes every patch.

base main gun reload is 5.5 seconds
base main gun turret traverse is 30 seconds.
base main gun range is 15.83km

Here are the other slot 6 upgrades that you have to give up no matter what you use as all of these go into slot 6

base main gun reload is 5.5 seconds
base main gun turret traverse is 30 seconds for 180 degrees. (With EM it is 30.4 second for 180 degrees)
base main gun range is 15.83km

If you use Gun Fire Control System mod 3:
the main gun range is 18.36km

If you use AA Guns mod 3, you get +25% AA DPS, so you get the following values before other skills/flags
6x2 127mm AA 113.3 DPS (up from 90.6 DPS)
10x2 76.2mm AA 348.8 DPS (up from 279 DPS)
2x2 76.2mm AA 69.8 DPS (up from 55.8 DPS)
12x1 20mm AA 54 DPS (up from 43.2 DPS)

If you use Secondary Battery mod 3,
your 6x2 127mm secondary gun reload goes from 6 seconds to 4.8 seconds.

IMO, if you are an island hugger, then the Unique Upgrade lets you accelerate out of cover MUCH faster when you need to, gives your rudder shift a boost and gives a bit more RADAR time. Definitely stack with the Special RADAR mod for that extra time. Also use Propulsion Mod 2 and it really cuts the accel time per WG.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
166 posts
10,022 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

IMO, if you are an island hugger, then the Unique Upgrade lets you accelerate out of cover MUCH faster when you need to, gives your rudder shift a boost and gives a bit more RADAR time. Definitely stack with the Special RADAR mod for that extra time. Also use Propulsion Mod 2 and it really cuts the accel time per WG.

Wow, really nice research and numbers dude...well done.

That above is it in a nutshell. I run mine with radar and propulsion mod. My may not be a Unicum with the ship, but like I said earlier it makes the ship much more enjoyable to play for me.

It does allow for for getting out of cover much better, especially if you love hunting dds like I do. It also allows for faster "slowing", if that's the best way to describe it, so while the DM may not be the best at kiting it does allow you a little more leeway at mid to long range to tun away and slow to throw off those incoming BB shells (hell all shells, cause everyone focuses the DM once spotted) and dodge torps.

For me those abilities out weigh the benefits of range and rate of fire. In a knife fight with other cruisers I have found its a bit easier to keep my bow angled while maneuvering to punish their soft squishy sides, where as before I often found myself being outmaneuvered and getting my citadel wrecked.

[BANG]
Members
159 posts
4,453 battles

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was just going to try out the legendary upgrade on the DM when I get it, not necessarily keeping it. For me, the loss of range kind of sounds like a dealbreaker (i run the range mod in slot 6). Although I do sometimes want faster acceleration. The DM needs it in a lot of situations, hiding behind islands and all.

• Cool 1