You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

As I near getting the Alsace I am wondering how it is post-nerf. Please vote. Thanks in advance.

How is the Alsace performing post-nerf?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How is the Alsace performing post-nerf?

• About the same/no noticeable difference
    • Much worse/noticably worse
    • I don't own one
    • Bacon!

16 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
197 posts
11,203 battles

On the surface the changes (reload 2 sec, 0.1 sigma) didn't appear drastic, but it was a discussed topic.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Still a strong ship.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

It'll be notably worse compared to pre-nerf, but most people still believe its good.

I lost heart to take mine out anymore, waiting on the T10 version of it to play that instead.

Edited by Akeno017

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,977 battles

it's still tech tree king.

[TAZ]
Members
391 posts

the 2 sec definitely is noticeable, at 32 second reload while everyone else has lower reload (Republic can get down to 19.7 second reload with legendary mod) and 21.1 without legendary mod,  it makes a difference.  The reduce sigma makes a difference also; but I still like the ship (secondaries are a BEAST)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers
383 posts
5,421 battles

Inaccurate as hell while still sporting guns that most t8-10 cruisers can't get overmatched by. Almost a go secondary or bust at this point.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

I'm enjoying mine. Just like with Mass, get close enough for secondaries, sigma isn't an issue.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,566 battles

If you have never played it you will not notice any changes, still an awesome ship!

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
245 posts
8,184 battles

Make no mistake, the new sigma might be garbage but the old sigma was almost as bad anyway. Shoot stuff on their sides and you stand a good chance of removing a chunk of their health. It has adequate speed and concealment to get in position to do that. The reload might be a bit slower but you get used to it.

[CAST]
Members
1,157 posts
7,163 battles

The 0.1 sigma change is not really noticeable.  Just like before, you will have some games where some shots are tight and some are not.  The sigma is still good enough, especially at the ranges you should be playing at.  The 2 sec reload increase is more noticeable, but not enough to make the ship any worst.  Most of the time, you aren't firing your guns as soon as they cycle unless you are in a close up battle. The 2 second reload doesn't take away from the damage you can do when you fire the guns at the right target location.  The ship still handles great and the secondaries are wonderful.

Edited by Murcc

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles

I got mine very shortly before the nerf, You do feel the extra 2 seconds, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Loaded mine up full secondary and very rarely played it outside of 11km range, it was one of my better experiences with tier 9 BBs despite the nerf.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

Post Nerfed, Alsace is still one of my favorite BB, very high fun factor.

[DNTZ]
Members
197 posts
11,203 battles

Thanks a lot guys.  Of all the tier IX boats I was most looking forward to this one.  I am glad to know I will still like it.  Loved the Richelieu and Lyon and totally hate the Fat Freddy.

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles

Very nice boat - my best BB by far.  Never been easier to get cits for me and now has my highest damage game.  Did a couple battles pre-nerf so didn't really see anything different.  Play it right - it WILL treat you well.

WoWs - Alsace stats.PNG

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,588 posts
14,010 battles

Alsace is fine despite the drama queens.  This isn't a BB with troubled main battery reliability.  Talk to the German BB boys about that.  They got some choice words.

• Bad 1

[KEGEL]
Members
101 posts
5,078 battles

Aside from the 11k HP & secondary layout, the Alsace is a worse Richelieu a tier higher when bow on.

Still enjoy the Alsace tho the shine is definitely a bit duller post nerf.