You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kebobstuzov

Gamethrowing Penalty

43 comments in this topic

[O7]
[O7]
Members
290 posts
12,341 battles

This is an issue that has been discussed at length before, however I find it is important that wargaming does something about gamethrowers when they are given sufficient evidence. For example, there is a player gamethrowing in the R10 bracket at the moment and after 2 tickets showing 2 instances from myself, and tickets sent from 3 others showing anything from intentional Teamkills to intentional gamethrowing, he has not been given any sanctions in game. It is my opinion wargaming should do more about cases like this. If I had it my way people who went to this extent would get a 7 day ban then permanent ban on second offense. And it would have happened by now.

• Cool 11
  • Bad 3

[ARGSY]
Members
6,348 posts
4,275 battles

Add to the mix those who deliberately ram destroyers and smoke-using cruisers out of their own smoke into the full view of multiple enemy ships, without making even the slightest effort to turn aside or assist the ship they rammed in disengaging. Battleships are almost always the offenders here. Automatic lifetime ban, IMO.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,327 posts
6,609 battles

I can see it happening once or twice out of accident and no bad intent that someone rams an ally. Players can tunnel vision, and thus block escape routes or ram people. It happens, I don‘t see too much of an issue with it even if it can result in painful salvos.

But when there is teamkillikg going on, especially with the main battery, then it‘s difficult to call that accidents. And the first offense should give a temporary ban from the gamemode. Second a temporary ban from the game, third a perma ban.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,582 posts
3,751 battles

I don't argue that it exists, but what do you classify as gamethrowing?  Can't you say merely playing bad is a form of gamethrowing?

I don't mean to accuse you of crying wolf or anything, I am curious because I feel it can be subjective.

Edited by warheart1992

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I don't argue that it exists, but what do you classify as gamethrowing?  Can't you say merely playing bad is a form of gamethrowing?

I don't mean to accuse you of crying wolf or anything, I am curious because I feel it can be subjective.

A perfect example would be what I experienced last night.

Two players from the same clan tried to sync drop and ended up against each other one on the red team, the other on ours. It was uncanny how the opposing team knew exactly where our ships were positioned on the map and the caps we were pushing without being spotted, radared, hydroed, etc. :cap_yes:

We lost, but at least the guy didn't keep a star.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,688 posts
3,928 battles
57 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

And it would have happened by now.

Reckon it takes longer to go through tickets than you think, especially if that one screwball and his friends are flooding the system with tickets for cursing.

• Funny 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
41 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I can see it happening once or twice out of accident and no bad intent that someone rams an ally.

I had a BB do that to me recently. When I called him on it, I was told to put on my big boy pants and suck it up cuz that was the way the game is. Ya gotta love those players who think the game was built only for them.

[LOU1]
Members
3,057 posts
8,140 battles

WOWS has stated that they have staff assigned to investigate reports and keep tabs on problem players.  I have no expectation of immediate consequences, but from the numerous times I have read and heard the Devs talk about this, they take it very seriously.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,582 posts
3,751 battles
12 minutes ago, ARandomClaymore said:

A perfect example would be what I experienced last night.

Two players from the same clan tried to sync drop and ended up against each other one on the red team, the other on ours. It was uncanny how the opposing team knew exactly where our ships were positioned on the map and the caps we were pushing without being spotted, radared, hydroed, etc. :cap_yes:

We lost, but at least the guy didn't keep a star.

Ok, that I can understand, its obvious something was fishy there.

What I am wondering however, is how someone may consider that a player is gamethrowing if for example they don't play in the way you want them to. This is an extreme case, just to show the reasoning behind anyway.

That said, I feel reports accompanied by replays, which most of the time show this is serious, should have a higher priority to Support if they happen in Ranked. That mode doesn't have to be saltier than it already is.

Edited by warheart1992

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,574 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Add to the mix those who deliberately ram destroyers and smoke-using cruisers out of their own smoke into the full view of multiple enemy ships, without making even the slightest effort to turn aside or assist the ship they rammed in disengaging. Battleships are almost always the offenders here. Automatic lifetime ban, IMO.

Had that happen yesterday in Ranked only the BB didn't push me out of smoke, but he did push my Worcester out of cover in front of a DM, Zao and Republique.  I was exposed for several seconds but he hit me at such speed that he carried himself next to me and between me and the enemy.  He had to be completely oblivious as to what was going on around him.

Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

at the moment

As in just now it occurred & you just recently (tonight/this morning) sent in the ticket?

It's still the wee hours of the morning...the people that read these thing aren't robots that are up all night. They have working hours & those are just about to start (in a few hours)…& yours is probably not the 1st or the only ticket they need to go through.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,881 posts
12,626 battles

@Kebobstuzov I report in a ticket every instance of this with detailed description of the players acts and chat. I also state that such behavior has no place in this community and refer support to others in the match as witnesses.

I request immediate permanent banning from WoWs and all other WG games! 

It is up to us to purge these blatant cheaters from this community so please do your job and report and insisting in that report that support do their job!

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

This is exactly why I'm constantly telling my kids to not throw things, people gonna get hurt!

Members
18,266 posts
5,220 battles
54 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I had a BB do that to me recently. When I called him on it, I was told to put on my big boy pants and suck it up cuz that was the way the game is. Ya gotta love those players who think the game was built only for them.

I don't TK, but that would have been a perfect time to unload a salvo of torps into him, and tell him to suck it up because THAT'S the way the game is....

Sometimes sweet justice is worth a little pinkness......

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles

I do agree with you Kebob, I can't say I've had someone throw a game by tk me or someone else in ranked, but I have had it done to me a few times in randoms and its atrocious. I've gotten TKd before because someone thought I should get a kraken of all things and then when I asked the player about it, said that his game lagged and he somehow was aimed at me when he fired.

I agree with the punishment, cause if someone keeps intentionally team killing people, they know exactly what they are doing and should be punished for the actions they take.

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

And then everything in the cash shop went up double the price to pay for the extra employment. :fish_viking:

[O7]
[O7]
Members
290 posts
12,341 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

claiming to be secondary spec midway and rushing middle instantly and teamkilling I would say is irrefutable 

• Funny 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,265 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

claiming to be secondary spec midway and rushing middle instantly and teamkilling I would say is irrefutable 

Oh, you are talking about THAT player.   They did this before as well, for days on end so clearly if they got banned it took too long.

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,220 battles
3 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This is an issue that has been discussed at length before, however I find it is important that wargaming does something about gamethrowers when they are given sufficient evidence. For example, there is a player gamethrowing in the R10 bracket at the moment and after 2 tickets showing 2 instances from myself, and tickets sent from 3 others showing anything from intentional Teamkills to intentional gamethrowing, he has not been given any sanctions in game. It is my opinion wargaming should do more about cases like this. If I had it my way people who went to this extent would get a 7 day ban then permanent ban on second offense. And it would have happened by now.

How do you know wargaming did nothing? They will not discuss such things with anybody.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,265 battles
2 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

How do you know wargaming did nothing? They will not discuss such things with anybody.

I don't think it is a question of if they did nothing, but rather that nothing was done in a timely manner which would prevent the person from further ruining other player's game experience.   Said player was reported 4 days ago, and has been doing it every day since.   Last season the player was reported for 9 days before they were no longer seen doing it. 

What was done is confidential, the results however are public.   So if I read the tone of the post and the thread correctly, the complaint isn't about the action taken or not taken (which none of us know), but rather on the current lack of effectiveness of submitting a report regarding such an issue.  

[VW]
Members
1,945 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Oh, you are talking about THAT player.   They did this before as well, for days on end so clearly if they got banned it took too long.

is this dude always playing against the same cv? if so sync dropping AND game throwing? report the red cv as well!

[OPG]
Supertester
1,904 posts
10,265 battles
20 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

is this dude always playing against the same cv? if so sync dropping AND game throwing? report the red cv as well!

Not that I noticed.  I saw them ~3 times iirc and each time was a different opponent.   

[SYN]
-Members-
6,881 posts
7,383 battles

Important issue. Hope WG punishes these people.

Everyone knows who they are. :shrug:

[RST]
Members
78 posts
10,441 battles
7 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This is a great point!

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,630 posts
5,963 battles
2 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Not that I noticed.  I saw them ~3 times iirc and each time was a different opponent.   

Was me once yesterday: was doing my normal queue fishing (waiting for another CV to queue up first) and turned out to be him.  Sure enough, he just waypointed his planes and drove into B cap.  Began helping some efforts to punish him for this.

Didn't play ranked again that evening, felt it was bad karma.