You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Just got participation awards for being a Pirate...

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles

& now seemed like a good time to thank Fem & all the others that helped organize & run the event.

Unfortunately I took my 1st Amtrak trip the next day after it ended to do some work in Arizona & wasn't aware that coach didn't have access to wifi until I was on the train...I was gonna send a thank you on the train on the feedback site & couldn't & by the time I got back home the feedback site was gone.

I did start one before I left but had to go before finishing so made of copy (to be sent on train) of which I will start w/& continue from there:

1st off I would like to thank all ye scallywags that helped put this event together & for allowing this scurvy dog ta participate.

I used to work at the Renaissance Fair & enjoyed the roll playing (which unfortunately would tale me all night to type this out if I tried to stay in character so I'll just try this in plain old English...ARRRG...sorry about that).

Unfortunately my 2 finger typing skills (& my computers issue w/not wanting to paste the message at times for me when I hit CTRL V) were not up to keeping up w/chat w/out being distracted at times resulting in many instances of being out of place too early or needing to reverse off of an island or 3 here & there resulting in me being more of a detriment to my team than a help at times (more so on smaller maps where engagement issued early...but sometimes even on bigger maps if the pirate exchanges continued for awhile).

I wasn't chosen in the 1st wave & was surprised to see the invite because some of the originals couldn't make it (& I thank them also)...unfortunately it didn't give me a whole lot of time to set up all the ships I wanted to run. I tried to run as many different ships as possible (other than a couple of T6s & T8s at the end I never ran the same ship twice) as I wanted (& again appreciated the opportunity) to try out as many premiums I don't have as I possibly could.

Unfortunately that resulted in a lot of me forgetting what consumables I had at hand on certain ships because each battle was a different combination at times...I'm kinda making excuses for my poor win rate as I personally wanted to do better for my teams than I did. I'm sure I would've done much better had I just stuck w/just a few ships (or even just a ship type) but Tragic Loss requested we run a bunch of different ships so I just went w/that as my theme (I just got tired towards the end & did some repeats in some of the T8s to try & finish w/more wins but it backfired unfortunately).

For Friday I decided to run just T1s & premium T2s for the 1st wave...& all the T9s & T10s (except CVs...I'm not above T5 in CVs yet) that I haven't obtained yet on the tree...for the 2nd wave.
For the scheduled tier battles (Sat & Sun) I exclusively ran premiums (other than the Kuma for the 1st T4 battle).

I personally had a blast & out of around 90 battles (I lost about 10 more than I won so had around a 40/50 W/L ratio but don't remember the exact #s) I survived less than 15 (& I was farmed by 3 or 4 Pirates) but was able to give out around 70 rewards & was glad to be able to help the community in that way & again would like to thank you for the opportunity...07 to all who participated.

• Cool 4

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

It was a ton of fun. I do hope to be a pirate myself one of these times... 

Speaking of such things... I got one of ya and 98% of another (ks'd for only 2K) so when again did they say those rewards were coming? 

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,428 battles
41 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Speaking of such things... I got one of ya and 98% of another (ks'd for only 2K) so when again did they say those rewards were coming? 

I believe Fem said CoB today was the target. 

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

It was a fun event, but I did not get anything for sinking a pirate crew.  I sank pirate crew that was in Graf Zeppelin from my Yamato, but forgot to take screenshot, and got nothing for it.

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,932 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

It was a fun event, but I did not get anything for sinking a pirate crew.  I sank pirate crew that was in Graf Zeppelin from my Yamato, but forgot to take screenshot, and got nothing for it.

Wait until close of business today.  

Thanks again to Fem and the gang for a good time!!!!  

[TBOW]
Members
1,178 posts
10,413 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Give a couple more days.  I was part of the Corgi Events and sometimes takes them a few days to get it done.  If not I would contact them, they get the data about sinkings from WG I believe.  And that is how it is handled.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
9 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Give a couple more days.  I was part of the Corgi Events and sometimes takes them a few days to get it done.  If not I would contact them, they get the data about sinkings from WG I believe.  And that is how it is handled.

Maybe you are right.  After all that was the only Graf Zeppelin kill for me in months.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,015 battles

I have got everything but the Pirate flag, which I assume will arrive in due course. Thanks WG!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,305 posts
3,883 battles

Yup!  Received premium today with pirate fleet hopefully coming in the future.

It was very well-run and I hope to participate again in the future :cap_like:.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,945 posts
6,549 battles

Oh I forgot I was going to get rewards for killing two pirate crews.

Though honestly I'm expecting a glitch or something to prevent it from happening given the debacle the communications on this subject has been.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
9 hours ago, TheBigM145 said:

I believe Fem said CoB today was the target. 

Well in Texas that'd be what, 5pm/6pm/7pm? Curious, as it's ~7:30pm EST and nothing, nada as yet. 

Maybe it'll show up later or even tomorrow, eh ?