You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AhosChaos

Ranked Lost a Star?

10 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

Just played a match where both ships killed each other for the end, we were up in points, and our team lost the star?  As far as I could tell, our team killed the ship first so which means that we should have won.

Pcw9IjX.jpg

Here's the replay link:

I could be wrong in who killed who first, but even so all ships are dead and we had the point advantage.  The final game after battle report says all allied warships destroyed so points aren't being considered, but all enemy ships are also destroyed.  If our team died first then we lost, but we still also completed the mission of killing the enemy team.  I'm not saying we don't deserve to lose a star, mistakes were made all round, things I said were misinterpreted (let me know if what I said made sense or not), and well winning and losing games is part of ranked even the games you kinda throw, but that being said I don't feel like we should have lost a star in this situation.  

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

Draws count as a loss for both teams but apparently you died a millisecond before the other player did.

Looking at the replay it appeared that the green ship dies a tiny bit before the red ship, although shells were in the air and it took red out too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

Just to clarify, whoever killed first would have been on the top in the killfeed above the minimap because if so darn.  I don't have a screenshot of that but you'd assume our team would have won by the fact that the Wooster who fired their final salvo first against a Zao who was reloading to fire his, but Zao shell velocity isn't a joke.  At the same time I think I remember seeing the Zao with the kill on top of the Wooster's kill so :Smile_sceptic:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,109 posts
8,738 battles

You also see this when both ships die within an extremely short period and neither gets the Flesh Wound achievement.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
50 minutes ago, ZomBry said:

Yes, you can see that the Worcester has 0 hitpoints while the Zao has 630 hitpoints left. This was the instant before the last salvo from the Worchester hit the Zao.

Untitled.jpg.8bc752e574db5e71316483a8070e562e.jpg 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,109 posts
8,738 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes, you can see that the Worcester has 0 hitpoints while the Zao has 630 hitpoints left. This was the instant before the last salvo from the Worchester hit the Zao.

Untitled.jpg.8bc752e574db5e71316483a8070e562e.jpg 

The Zao died very shortly after the Worchester during that period when it is a simultaneous death. 

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The Zao died very shortly after the Worchester during that period when it is a simultaneous death. 

In terms of awards it was simultaneous. That is, nobody got an "It's just a Flesh Wound." However, it appears that when wins and losses are concerned even a tiny fraction of a second matters.

Draws are very rare. I've had about four in all the games I've played. The last one was when the timer ran out and both sides had exactly the same number of points. The points timer is not instantaneous. It would be rare indeed for the two last ships to destroy each other exactly at the same time.  

Community Department
2,002 posts
498 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It was just enough time for server to determine the winners. We know this issue, server takes into account the first destroyed ship and end the battle after that with results. Looks strange in random battles. I hope we'll fix it in the future. 
Thanks to everyone for your investigation. I lock this topic.