You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kirby747

Ranked level 15

22 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
2,423 battles

I just got to level 15 in ranked for this season using my Cleveland, But now I need a level ten ship does this mean that this is as far as I can go for this season?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
Just now, kirby747 said:

I just got to level 15 in ranked for this season using my Cleveland, But now I need a level ten ship does this mean that this is as far as I can go for this season?

Yep. No tier 10? No rank 15+ battles.

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,863 battles
12 minutes ago, kirby747 said:

Unless you grind or spend money for the Free XP to get to tier 10. They don't do loaners for ranked.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

Ranked tier X is the reason many players are disappointed or outraged at the moment, especially 2 Ranked seasons in a row which is unusual for Wargaming. And the fact Clan Battles only use tier X as well makes Ranked feel disappointing that there is not more variety in competitive gameplay.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
494 posts
4,066 battles

Its not worth the doubloons to use FXP to skip to T10 for ranked. Chances are you can work up to a T10 before the next season

Members
57 posts
2,637 battles
35 minutes ago, kirby747 said:

Same here, only have the Cleveland and it is going to be a long way till I get an X.   I totally skipped last year and thought I try again with the Coal and Steel.  

[RIPQP]
Members
434 posts
12,205 battles

3 tier X clan battle seasons, 2 tier X ranked seasons, Go Navy event that rewarded tier X much more than all the others, legendary modules for tier X ships...

I wish Wargaming would get over their obsession with tier X. I don't dislike it, but it's overplayed and overrated.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 4

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles
2 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Chances are you can work up to a T10 before the next season

I'm really lucky in that after, two years, I finally got a tier X for Ranked and campaigns. I still would have had only one tier X though were it not for 30 days of Premium I got in a supercontainer. With that Premium time I was able to grind out all the USN line to tier X except for the CV.

I have doubts that I'm going to get much past 15 though. I was one star from 12 then dropped back to the bottom of 15. I can't say it's all my teams' fault but many have been pretty terrible too. With the state of teams thus far, I really think that you can't rank up unless you are either lucky or good enough to come in first on the losing team and thus not lose stars. I'm only somewhat lucky and rarely the best on my team (though I'm oftentimes in the top three or so) so I seem to be staying at 15 for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Snargfargle

[RE]
[RE]
Members
34 posts
1,803 battles

Same here. I finished grinding the Baltimore the first day of Ranked getting to rank 15. Not sure if I will get Woosta researched before season ends.

[CAST]
Members
1,155 posts
7,159 battles

Play the heck out of the Cleveland to earn the Seattle.  Then play the heck out of it to get the Worchester.   You should be able to do it in less than 200 games using earned camos and flags.  Much fewer games if you have consistently good games.  I can typically get from T9 to T10 in about 75 games, but I have premium time.  But, I am just an average player too.  If you are a good player, you can probably cut the number of games down.

[TXP]
Members
651 posts
10,214 battles

I had a Moskva once, boy I hated that ship at T10, sold it after 79 games with 51K average damage. I think the Zao/Worcester/Minotuar boats are better performers. If you go for a T10, make sure where you are headed (I was fine with T6/7/8 Russian cruisers) is a good end point on that line.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
239 posts
4,078 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, kirby747 said:

But now I need a level ten ship does this mean that this is as far as I can go for this season?

Yes

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
On 8/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ranked tier X is the reason many players are disappointed or outraged at the moment, especially 2 Ranked seasons in a row which is unusual for Wargaming. And the fact Clan Battles only use tier X as well makes Ranked feel disappointing that there is not more variety in competitive gameplay.

I don't expect tier 10 to ever not be a part of ranked. So the outrage will be perpetual, I guess. Think back to how, as the game matured, ranked has progressed to using higher tiers, and now the highest tier. WG can do whatever they want, but I suspect you'd better be prepared to play tier 10 for next season. At this point, a great many players have at least one T10. Why shouldn't competitive play represent the highest tier? Of course it should.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
28 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I don't expect tier 10 to ever not be a part of ranked. So the outrage will be perpetual, I guess. Think back to how, as the game matured, ranked has progressed to using higher tiers, and now the highest tier. WG can do whatever they want, but I suspect you'd better be prepared to play tier 10 for next season. At this point, a great many players have at least one T10. Why shouldn't competitive play represent the highest tier? Of course it should.

Problem is Clan Wars is also Tier 10 and they do it back to back with Ranked all the time. So now it’s always Same small pool of ships and same small pool of maps every time. Some would be nice if Ranked were different once in a while to keep things fresh.

Members
10 posts
2,423 battles
On 8/29/2018 at 10:13 AM, Seadog_Supreme said:

Its not that I have a problem with tier 10, I just didn't read enough to see that it was tier 10, i will eventually get to tier 10, its just I don't like the ships at the tier I am playing although the Cleveland ain't all bad.

10,950 steel away from a Flint!

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 11:45 PM, Snargfargle said:

I'm really lucky in that after, two years, I finally got a tier X for Ranked and campaigns. I still would have had only one tier X though were it not for 30 days of Premium I got in a supercontainer. With that Premium time I was able to grind out all the USN line to tier X except for the CV.

I have doubts that I'm going to get much past 15 though. I was one star from 12 then dropped back to the bottom of 15. I can't say it's all my teams' fault but many have been pretty terrible too. With the state of teams thus far, I really think that you can't rank up unless you are either lucky or good enough to come in first on the losing team and thus not lose stars. I'm only somewhat lucky and rarely the best on my team (though I'm oftentimes in the top three or so) so I seem to be staying at 15 for the foreseeable future.

Give you a hint, you need a variety of ships to break free of that “zone” like I did, then you might need other ships to break out of the next big “zone”. If my info is correct I am at least 2-3 of the hard to get past ranks above you so I guess I am doing something right so far. ( If you look at the people who have Ranked put so far you will see thru used a minimum of at least 2 ships so they coulda just to the MM at various points in the Ranked grind.)

Was wacky down in Ranks 15-12 my prized Yamato was rendered unable to carry, so had to use other ships, but up at Rank 8 currently Yamato is the one carrying. That is part of the challenge is knowing / having the ships to get you past a Rank that feels like a “wall”. Of course ships alone are not enough, you do have to have the skill as a player to use them and the upgrades and Captain skill points with right skills as well.

Currently working on breaking through my current wall within Rank 8 and hopefully don’t Hit another major wall until Rank 5.

[H_]
Members
680 posts

Like many, I am new to WoWs (Feb this year) and have two IJN tier 10 ships with 19 point CPT's....  No XP nonsense either, I did the grind old school (to learn the game) and will grind the rest of the IJN line....  I'm sitting at Rank 11 and I think I'm stopping there.....the game play is so chaotic that it's becoming a Chaos Theory driven win-loss paradigm and there is nothing I can do to mitigate it.   I always assumed that the higher up you went, the better the skill level was.............nope, an incorrect assumption hands down.  One in five matches are really skill:  the rest are luck driven by the crazies whom either get lucky or we get stomped.

I assumed it (rank) was a key metric in the game itself:  it isn't nor is it used anywhere because there isn't an ELO driven MM being used.  I assumed that Ranked was a resource tool that increased as you advanced: an awards driven scale as you progressed: nope.......just some fluffy stuff like a Flag???  A flag, seriously.....who cares? 

A meritocracy without a purpose or any game related form, fit or function is a sad thing......  Is it fun: to a point; until. the "crazies" take over 3/4 of the games you play in, which causes five times the number of matches needed to progress.

OK, I'm new and what have I missed?  What "brass ring" is there in ranked that I missed?  Answer this: "To what end...."  I can't see it, my clan can't see it, the players I know from other games can't see it and, is ranked just a gimmick>?

And, a deeper question: if WoWs would ever go ELO, are the ranks themselves "valid"; or, are the happenstance of repetitive chance???  I've been in games we had no valid, logical or skill based reason to win other than complete incompetence or someone throwing a match on the other side.....and, those matches weren't rare......

[COLD1]
Beta Testers
67 posts
2,778 battles

I don't mind having T10 in ranked but when 60% of ranked is blocked behind the T10 it is really annoying. I only play my T8s when ranked comes around cause T8 MM is broken and not fun when i am a Bismarck in a game with 3 Yammie, 4 Des Monies and 5 Iowa's

Like the last 5 or 10 ranks can be T10 I am cool with that but when 15 out of 23 ranks are T10... especially when I start a rank 20 most seasons, what is the point I get maybe a half dozen games helping me grind to the T9 then, nada good luck next season when rank 18+ is T10

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Tier 10 ships were introduced WAY too early. Introducing them at 10 last season was okay IMO but 15 is ridiculous. 

Maybe they need to introduce rank Leagues that you opt into at the beginning of the season. They could be run concurrently or consecutively... 

League 3 could be low tier ships 3-5, League 2 could be 6-8 and League 1 could be 9-10... or something. This expands on the number of ships and maps that can be used and would hopefully increase some margin of buy in. 

ANYTHING but what they've done would be a step up. 

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm sitting at Rank 11 and I think I'm stopping there.....the game play is so chaotic that it's becoming a Chaos Theory driven win-loss paradigm and there is nothing I can do to mitigate it.   I always assumed that the higher up you went, the better the skill level was.............nope, an incorrect assumption hands down.  One in five matches are really skill:  the rest are luck driven by the crazies whom either get lucky or we get stomped.

Your assumption was correct but you're still behind.  Your fellows who are at Rank 11 at this point are either not very good players or just haven't played very many battles.  The same is true for Rank 10-6 to a lesser extent  Rank 5-2 still has mostly good players but there are "crazies" trickling on down.  If you want to play a ranked season with a high probability of playing with and against quality players, you need to start early and play often.

3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I assumed that Ranked was a resource tool that increased as you advanced: an awards driven scale as you progressed: nope.......just some fluffy stuff like a Flag???  A flag, seriously.....who cares? 

OK, I'm new and what have I missed?  What "brass ring" is there in ranked that I missed? 

The flags (which you only get to keep for the duration of the season but can be used on any of your ships for that time) give a reduction of the credit costs of using ships.  They are a good way to increase your credit income and to make high tier play more economically viable.  

Ascending ranks gives various rewards ranging from nice to great.  The most valuable of which is Steel, which can be used to acquire ships that can be gained in no other ways and are generally considered to be OP or close to it.  So there isn't a brass ring but there is a steel one.

[ARMDA]
Members
128 posts
1,924 battles

I just joined the Rank 15 club today. I don't have a Tier X ship, unfortunately, so this is where my journey ends for now.

[H_]
Members
680 posts
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Your assumption was correct but you're still behind.  Your fellows who are at Rank 11 at this point are either not very good players or just haven't played very many battles.  The same is true for Rank 10-6 to a lesser extent  Rank 5-2 still has mostly good players but there are "crazies" trickling on down.  If you want to play a ranked season with a high probability of playing with and against quality players, you need to start early and play often.

The flags (which you only get to keep for the duration of the season but can be used on any of your ships for that time) give a reduction of the credit costs of using ships.  They are a good way to increase your credit income and to make high tier play more economically viable.  

Ascending ranks gives various rewards ranging from nice to great.  The most valuable of which is Steel, which can be used to acquire ships that can be gained in no other ways and are generally considered to be OP or close to it.  So there isn't a brass ring but there is a steel one.

I consider myself an average player.  I'm what, 50 some matches into ranked.  I started day one and have been at it as time allows....  Most of the games are NVA because of the chaos.  I'll stop here, at 11 for sanity's sake: because. repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome isn't healthy.

Flags are it?  Dozens of hours and all that time and I get a flag; or, a little pile of steel that will take a year to have enough of to buy a ship....  Seriously, I assumed that ranked was a value added activity that meant something... 

Seriously?  I am new to WoWs so my concept of in-game scale may be skewed from other games....  Let's compare games then.  In one game, there are dozens of tier rewards as you progress.  Like Doubloon's, Premium time, All sorts of flags and at the end, a current, meta level vehicles every time they game goes down that path ! You have to spend the time because the levels get more intense and difficult; and, you get rewards that get better till you win a new, and unique vehicle....  I converted their rewards into WoWs rewards for simplicity,      The difference is that there is a lot less chaos because their MM screens out by "rank - to use a WoWs term".   I've seen people playing that must not play very much at all......and, I'm average and can see this???

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure I've spent all of the time I have in this game wisely.....