You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Ranked Has Me Frustrated

63 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

The main reason that I'm thinking about giving up on Ranked this season is the attitudes of many of the players.

In Randoms, you get some "salt" but, since it's of little real consequence whether you win or lose most of the time, the salt is limited. However, in Ranked you see an overabundance of foul-mouthed, whiny, petulant people who will lambaste you in the game if you don't do what they think you should and even follow you to Port to keep up their tirades.

Bad verbal behavior seems much worse this season than in the past too. Up until this week I only had one person on my blacklist because he followed me to Port and started a tirade. Now, I have several on it for the same reason. I believe that for the rest of the season I'm going to turn off chat at the first taste of "salt" and just do my own thing.

That's not to say that all teams are like this. I've been on teams, even losing teams, where the players were informative, cordial, and even funny. However this is exceedingly rare.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,720 battles

I'm stopping for a few days because ranked has gone horribly for me and 80% of games end up with me hard tilting and salting. 

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

No, you accuse the whiner of trying to steal your salt mine rights, and insist he apologize for offending the salt, and mock him w/ lots of "sprinkles more salt on your crying" until he storms off.

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,308 posts
11,856 battles

I don't play much until after 10 and until 2 or 3 AM and don't see so much of that stuff. I may just not be paying attention.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,822 posts
3,502 battles

the people that put me on tilt are the ones playing for star saving. usually in a Harugumo, khaba or a conqueror.

ive just started reporting them whenever i see them.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,515 battles

I rarely see such content but it does happen. 

Tip to players new to ranked or haven't played clan battles, don't play it like randoms or be surprised by torps or being paddled when you sail broadside

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,770 posts
13,562 battles

Sound like a normal season of Rank, if I'm being honest. 

:cap_cool:

[SSBN]
Members
291 posts
4,901 battles

Today I started 12-2 in ranked. Finished probably 13-9

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
39 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The main reason that I'm thinking about giving up on Ranked this season is the attitudes of many of the players.

In Randoms, you get some "salt" but, since it's of little real consequence whether you win or lose most of the time, the salt is limited. However, in Ranked you see an overabundance of foul-mouthed, whiny, petulant people who will lambaste you in the game if you don't do what they think you should and even follow you to Port to keep up their tirades.

Bad verbal behavior seems much worse this season than in the past too. Up until this week I only had one person on my blacklist because he followed me to Port and started a tirade. Now, I have several on it for the same reason. I believe that for the rest of the season I'm going to turn off chat at the first taste of "salt" and just do my own thing.

That's not to say that all teams are like this. I've been on teams, even losing teams, where the players were informative, cordial, and even funny. However this is exceedingly rare.

I feel your pain.  It's the new generation of gamers who have realize or at least think that they can bully and do what they want hidden behind their computer screens.  Its sad really, but you are right, this season has been the worse and there have been a couple matches where I just parked my ship in the middle and watched the chaos.

Members
4,439 posts
6,132 battles

OP?  Duh.  Don't play ranked.  ALL I hear on here bout it is negative. I mean ALL of the posts. Me....I hate frustration at my age. Good luck. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Members
4,439 posts
6,132 battles

I played some ranked bout a year ago. Whew. Not good. Ugly.  But that is just me. 

Members
57 posts
2,627 battles

I see this more on WOT than here.   

Members
1,771 posts
17,309 battles
44 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

paying attention

I don't think I can afford to pay attention...btw...do you happen to know the exchange rate in US currency on that presently?

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,308 posts
11,856 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't think I can afford to pay attention...btw...do you happen to know the exchange rate in US currency on that presently?

The exchange rate is 0 but it doubles every week. The same rate of pay my Dad gave me when I worked for him as a kid. I did learn how to build a house though.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
665 posts
6,038 battles

when you get to the point where you loose stars...and get demoted...thats when a lot of people [edited] ....not going to be subjected to that [edited]... :Smile_hiding: i'll go do something else....

[7RET]
[7RET]
Beta Testers
28 posts
2,778 battles

hey man, if you start to loose more than two games in a row, just take a break from ranked, and go play the operations, co-op or some random battles for a little while, and then try ranked again after an hour, it helps a lot.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,741 battles

I am frustrated with Ranked and I haven't even played a match in ranked yet this season.

• Funny 3

Members
1,771 posts
17,309 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The exchange rate is 0 but it doubles every week. The same rate of pay my Dad gave me when I worked for him as a kid. I did learn how to build a house though.

Did you get time & 1/2 on Sundays?

Members
1,771 posts
17,309 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Most of the times those are the players camped so tight up against an island they couldn't possibly have a target to shoot at...if it's somebody up front I will try & give them a rundown of my strategy (if it differs from theirs) if it isn't too late to explain w/out putting myself in a bad position...but if they just keep pinging the map I'll just ignore them...I won't block them from chat though...some of the funniest times in this game has been laughing my [edited]off at the retarded things people say when they chase me back to port.

Members
109 posts
2,416 battles

First ranked season for me and it's been so far so good. Some salt and some frustration but nothing out of control - yet. I hit R10 this evening so we'll see how the 10-6 bracket is.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am frustrated with Ranked and I haven't even played a match in ranked yet this season.

I kind of want to stay right here (plus the Rank 15 permanent flag this season isn't catching my attention).

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
13 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

the retarded things people say when they chase me back to port.

One guy followed me to Port and started cussing me out in Spanish. I know a bit of Spanish but I had to translate most of what he said before deciding to blacklist him. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,439 posts
6,132 battles
1 hour ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

I feel your pain.  It's the new generation of gamers who have realize or at least think that they can bully and do what they want hidden behind their computer screens.  Its sad really, but you are right, this season has been the worse and there have been a couple matches where I just parked my ship in the middle and watched the chaos.

The longer a game survives the more jerks you accumulate. A part of this is players who sucked when they joined but are now OP.....many of these, not all, can be haughty. Ego stuff. YOU noob, you are messing up my scared stats. WoT is a classic for this dynamic. BUT WOW is still pretty nice IMO.  It's ok. 

Members
301 posts
6 battles
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

One guy followed me to Port and started cussing me out in Spanish. I know a bit of Spanish but I had to translate most of what he said before deciding to blacklist him. 

are you at least using camo in ranked? because if not, I can see why people are getting so salty with you

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles
35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've played quite a few games with you my friend. You deserve it. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2