Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bacononaboat

What's your feels bad man stories?

10 comments in this topic

[TF57]
Members
496 posts
6,467 battles

Sometimes its good to talk about disappointing experiences in the game...just let it out.

I'll start. Watching my torpedoes miss cos the enemy GK got spooked by lots of gunfire. But he took his time speeding up and one got so very close to hitting...but it missed his stern by inches. 

Feels bad man.

What are your feel bad man stories? 

Members
1,118 posts
3,141 battles

Ranked game, we were completely wrecking their team and we were 5v1, enemy DD runs away and wins by points, we just needed about 5 more seconds to step onto cap. He got a solo warrior which made me a little mad because he finished bottom of the team. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Well I was just in a ranked battle that has officially put my progress for the day into the negative because a Montana and a Gearing decided that chasing a single phantom DD was more important than hitting the rest of the enemy team in the flank to support our team, thereby letting them focus fire and whittle us down one by one while I got stonewalled by a Yamato trying to head back and help. That was fun.

[HINON]
Members
2,567 posts
18,546 battles

Last year I went to a coworker's wedding. There one of the bride's maids was coming on to me. She said she wanted to meet after the recpetion. She was real cute so I agreed. So there i was refusing to dance with any of the other girls trying not to ruin what I had going for later. so after almost errone had gone home...oh wait this supposed to be a ships experience..isn't it?  

Members
613 posts
7,263 battles

When a Rank Match is available/out but you have slow WiFi so I can't play...

[WPP]
Members
452 posts
5,089 battles

Auto-mounting flags and camo that take Doubloons.  It doesn't happen, but when it has... FFFFuuuuuuu

[FAE]
Members
2,117 posts
2,507 battles

Me in T8 Takao vs t10 MM: 

kill two Yamatos

earn kraken

duel a zao

be the last one alive and only survivor

survive a midway drop (cross? don't remember) 

cap 2 caps.

Lose the game. 

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

Today, all day.  Worst day I've had in a long time.  Reminds me of why I stopped playing.  Feels bad.  Things I "enjoyed" in no particular order:

1. The greedy DD that starts shooting his pew pews at the red ship and a.) gets spotted and WRECKED and b.) causes red ship to turn and ruins my shot.  Nice.
  2. BBs that, consistently, position themselves where the guns cannot even range most of the map.  That's saying something.  
  3. Teams that go into a cap...and then stay there.  I assume there is some sort of party going on, because they're not leaving...ever.  
  4. Martial arts movie fans - the thing where you attack one at a time is what the losers do, but they imitate it anyway.  
  5. The full HP BB that's been running since the start of the match - he'd rather give it up as an equal opportunity exp pinata in a "valiant" last stand then get his HP/armor in the fight.
  6. The DD that keeps trying to re-enact Gilligan's 3-hour tour around the outskirts of the map.  It's cool bro, we don't need you to spot or cap, you do you. 
  7. The DD that chases the red CV, does no capping or spotting, and then gets cross dropped and obliterated when the CV is done toying with its food.  You could at least be #6...
  8. The cruiser that thinks "Oh, man, rock humping is soooo meta...even more meta than actually doing damage and killing DD."
  9. RNG saving people from their own stupidity...repeatedly...because nothing rewards good positioning and aim like your shells hitting everywhere BUT that broadside target.

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles

Ranked battles back when it was tier 7. Let me set the scene. Map: Northern lights. Myoko. I have 4 kills. 10 minutes left. I turn to port and pre-torp into an enemy smoke screen. Looking away, I focus my fire on an emery Nagato. Literally 10 seconds later: "Don't fire at your allies!" I had torpedoed our friendly Mahan, who had conveniently sailed right in front of my 6 torpedoes. Annoyed by this, I apologize and continue fire on another enemy Myoko. After launching torpedoes at him, I look to my starboard, and see a Colorado on half hp sail into every single one of my torpedoes. He dies, reducing my kill count to 3, and I get banned for team damage. Needless to say it was a pretty sucky day. 

Besides, the Colorado sailed into them on purpose. He had announced at the beginning of the game that he was going to get one of us banned. Grr. 

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,337 posts
3,646 battles

A pair come to mind.

Line up a perfect shot, shells land, pens for zero damage.

Another perfect shot, ship dies before rounds land.

Sign in to follow this