You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

Top ten reasons people hate BBs

46 comments in this topic

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,862 battles

10. BBs caused global warming and the melting of the Artic icepack .

9. BBs are to blame for Steven Seagal's wardrobe .

8. BBs are the reason u cant get a good pizza or bagel in Florida .

7. BBs caused the market crash of October 87 .

6. BBs are the reason all the late night talk show host stink now .

5. BBs are the reason it cost 60 grand to send your kids to college .

4. BBs are the reason Donald Trumps barber still has a job .

3. BBs are the reason it cost more to insure your car each year than your car is worth .

2. BBs cause baldness .

And the number 1 reason people hate BBs

1. BBs caused some one to make the godfather 3 .

• Cool 2
  • Funny 20
  • Boring 4

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

This is very accurate.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

As an Alpha player with a ton of experience:

People hate BBs because they are super powerful ships that can make a ship ton of mistakes, and not pay the price that the other 3 ship types do for those mistakes. Despite all of this, BBs seem to be a class that people struggle to do the very basics well in. And too be fair, this is likely not very different than other ships, but gets noticed more because BBs are simply alive longer.

However, the big problem is that the longer survival time should come with quicker improvement over a similar number of games. Battleships are the most binary ships in the game, you have guns, armor, and HP. Understanding how those all work together is rather simply at the most basic level, and not difficult to grasp.

Despite all of this BBs seem to be the most reluctant ships in the game to put themselves into harms way, and fight at ranges not only at determent to themselves, but to those of their team mates. They seem to do so simply to avoid being damage despite having them most Repair Party uses available to them on top of being the best protected ships with the most HP.

If someone cannot play a BB well, it becomes very difficult to understand how they could function in a Cruiser or DD.

So if you're in a Battleship, and have failed after 100 games to grasp the very basic fundamentals of armor angling, and fighting well inside of max range, with very basic positioning, then you can expect frustration from your team mates.

We all want to have fun, but you cannot expect people to be happy if you're actively harming their own ability to enjoy themselves by acting as a gigantic anchor on their ability to do damage, capture objectives, and win as well.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Members
855 posts
3,419 battles

You need to knock off the Donald J Trump talk, your not spose to talk about Religion on the forums. We venerate those locks of hair on our God emperors head, most prized relic one day!

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

Easy there, Mr. Big Bad Wolf.  His list was better.  

Personally, I like to call 'em out in chat whenever I'm sailing a BB...probably 5-10km in front of them, cursing RNG.  Seriously.  The number of broadside cruisers saved by dispersion from their own stupidity has led me to the conclusion that if you somehow manage to get devastated by a BB you absolutely deserved it.  Meanwhile, I'll just continue to gobble citadels hits while angling, adjusting speed, using my rudder, etc.  Wait...sorry...what were we talking about again?  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
665 posts
6,038 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

The most important reason.

shoot-eye-out.jpg?w=750

buwahahah! well said! ^_^ :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
689 posts
1,107 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

7. BBs caused the market crash of October 87 .

That's probably because of all the secondary shells that my Bismarck misses....sorry.

• Funny 1

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,862 battles
3 minutes ago, Freddie_Creamer said:

That's probably because of all the secondary shells that my Bismarck misses....sorry.

Yes …..  Get your self a Massachusetts the secondary are unbelievable they hit everything they are so much better than the Bismarck .

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,515 battles

I blame BBs for not sinking the Titanic sooner thus in the late 90s it was the worst date movie ever!

• Funny 1

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes …..  Get your self a Massachusetts the secondary are unbelievable they hit everything they are so much better than the Bismarck .

And do more damage on a per hit basis.  And start more fires.  

[WOLF3]
Members
5,876 posts
2,191 battles

#8 Not true.  You have to find out where the "retired" NY bagel bakers retired to.  You will find good bagels there.

Chicago pizza, OTOH, yer on yer own.

#5 Only 60 grand?  Where you sending them to, state school?  Better to let them get a job.  Most colleges will ruin a mind nowadays.  I'd say #5 BB's cause panic in "safe spaces".

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,573 battles

Most accurate post I've ever seen. Get off my internet, only lies, hyperbole, and misinformation allowed here. 

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,862 battles
19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

#8 Not true.  You have to find out where the "retired" NY bagel bakers retired to.  You will find good bagels there.

Chicago pizza, OTOH, yer on yer own.

#5 Only 60 grand?  Where you sending them to, state school?  Better to let them get a job.  Most colleges will ruin a mind nowadays.  I'd say #5 BB's cause panic in "safe spaces".

I meant 60 grand a year .

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I must disagree. There are no bad BBs, just bad BB players... Like the ones that hide in the back and end up full health when the game is all but over...those make me sad. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles

I'd love some BBs... and a gun to shoot them with... at that dang squirrel who ate all my peaches this summer!

Oh wait, are we talking about the same thing?

[WOLF3]
Members
5,876 posts
2,191 battles
30 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

I'd love some BBs... and a gun to shoot them with... at that dang squirrel who ate all my peaches this summer!

Oh wait, are we talking about the same thing?

Uhh... no.  I think what you need is 22s.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Reason 11.

85% of BB drivers couldn't shoot their way out of a wet paper bag, drooling on themselves while driving in circles 20 km from the nearest enemy.

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,862 battles
23 hours ago, _greifer said:

the I blame BBs for not sinking the Titanic sooner thus in the late 90s it was the worst date movie ever!

I should have had that on the list u are 100% correct worst date movie ever nice one .

Edited by clammboy

[YARRR]
Members
392 posts
4,726 battles

Well, in the time I've been playing this game, I have found you can make similar accusations against all the classes of ships.

DDs YOLOing at the start of a match and being erased early... happens nearly every match.

Cruisers farming damage off a BB at range, while an enemy DD is less than half the distance from the cruiser, and it is ignored, until the torps are too close to dodge...

CVs...  I see far more incompetent CV play than BB play, and this hurts the team far more than a BB just shooting at max range all game, as the CV is really the most powerful ship in the game, and a good CV player can obliterate any ship in the game at his leisure.

Nope, bad play is not class specific at all.

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Uhh... no.  I think what you need is 22s.

I can't, live too close to my neighbors.  But I like to tell my own "You know you're a redneck" joke about my wife's uncle.  "You know you're a redneck when you're wife complains about the .22 shell casings you left in the sink, from shooting at the squirrels while going to the bathroom".  Yeah, for real he would be sitting on his throne doing his business, and would shoot at squirrels on his property out of his bathroom window.  Just can't make stuff like that up.  :cap_haloween:

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
689 posts
6,085 battles

gump.thumb.jpg.f95c2e283c228d071950dfdae45b152c.jpg

side note:

Sometimes we BB's can't win...I have found I can be exactly dead center map in my monty camping A and B caps, Ranked Map, ...by myself...killing people...and someone on my team say...why are u in the cap?

Talk about wanting to lose it lol...trying to esplain to Lucy that trying to make a Montana specd in secondaries move out of a place " I " want to be in is going to be costly to someone lol....kids.

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 1