You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jsharpe3

Rank Battles Tier X

14 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
33 posts
1,347 battles

Hello everyone, So I've completed all the tier VIII matches and unfortunately don't have enough experience for a Tier X ship. Is there going to be any Tier X ships be put up for sale in the Premium Shop so I can carry on for the event or is that it?

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,893 battles
5 minutes ago, jsharpe3 said:

Hello everyone, So I've completed all the tier VIII matches and unfortunately don't have enough experience for a Tier X ship. Is there going to be any Tier X ships be put up for sale in the Premium Shop so I can carry on for the event or is that it?

Seems like you’re one of the 2 per cent of players that play ranked but don’t have a tier 10. It’s silly, but WG has recently been bent on using T10s much more  

You cannot buy a tier 10 from the shop. If you have enough coal, you can buy a Salem from the arsenal. 

But my recommendation is to grind up a T8 to T10. There is still over a month of ranked left.

congrats on getting to Rank 15 though!!

• Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
4,363 battles

You could drop $50 - $100 on doubloons and convert experience provided you have enough. Unfortunately that is the only way to a quick Tier X.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
498 posts
4,086 battles

Its not worth blowing FXP on research just to play ranked IMO. I recommend to just end your season at R15 and work on grinding up to T10 for next season.

If you go into ranked in a ship that you are unfamiliar with you could get a lot of salt thrown your way as you discover your new ship's kinks and quirks. It might not be fun enough to be worth it the FXP/doubloons.

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,306 battles

Not only not worth blowing the FXP or money, but jumping to T10 when you are not ready for it is a mistake.

WG should know better and should have made Ranked anywhere between T6 and T8 or maybe two groups in those like before. If they are intent on adding T10, then they should've made it starting at Rank 5 or something. Bad move.

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Seems like you’re one of the 2 per cent of players that play ranked but don’t have a tier 10. It’s silly, but WG has recently been bent on using T10s much more  

You cannot buy a tier 10 from the shop. If you have enough coal, you can buy a Salem from the arsenal. 

But my recommendation is to grind up a T8 to T10. There is still over a month of ranked left.

congrats on getting to Rank 15 though!!

I'd be interested in knowing where the 2% statistic comes from.  For myself, I've five seasons of Ranked without a Tier 10 ship in my port and I've encountered a number of players interested in Ranked that were in a similar position. If that stat is correct, I can see why WG is moving the direction it is, but one would think you'd find players at almost any tier which would value a chance to play in the only "competitive" game mode available to those not able to be involved with Clan Wars. 

Echoing this, yes the only Tier X out there that can be obtained other than by grinding your way up the line for one is the Salem and you'll need lots and lots of coal to obtain one.  If you're interested in Ranked past Rank 15, your best shot is to take whatever ship you have that is closest to T10 and start grinding it towards T10.  Depending on how much time you have to invest in it, you might be able to work your way to a T10 before Ranked closes for the season.   If you don't make it, well you'll be well on your way to getting that T10 before next season begins.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
1 hour ago, KingCakeBaby said:

You could drop $50 - $100 on doubloons and convert experience provided you have enough. Unfortunately that is the only way to a quick Tier X.

I'm a little unclear on how that would work.  The only T10 available for purchase of any kind is the Salem and you can only get her for coal.  I don't recall there being a way to convert experience into coal which is something this approach would require.  

If you're thinking Free XP ships, the highest tier there is the Musashi and she only sits at T9. 

Members
855 posts
3,450 battles
1 hour ago, jsharpe3 said:

Ranked is not an event, you have 136 games total, the last place you need to be is in ranked in a tier 10 ship. Earn your ship and play the next season of ranked, there is no hurry for getting into it. The only thing you can do in ranked at this moment is get carried and throw matches. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT RUSH INTO RANKED!!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,033 posts
4,363 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I'm a little unclear on how that would work.  The only T10 available for purchase of any kind is the Salem and you can only get her for coal.  I don't recall there being a way to convert experience into coal which is something this approach would require.  

If you're thinking Free XP ships, the highest tier there is the Musashi and she only sits at T9. 

I was referring to mainline Tier Xs, not premiums. In the case of the original poster if he had enough experience to convert and the disposable income to do it he could skip the Seattle and unlock the Worcester, which would allow him to continue the ranked season.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,893 battles
3 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I'd be interested in knowing where the 2% statistic comes from.  For myself, I've five seasons of Ranked without a Tier 10 ship in my port and I've encountered a number of players interested in Ranked that were in a similar position. If that stat is correct, I can see why WG is moving the direction it is, but one would think you'd find players at almost any tier which would value a chance to play in the only "competitive" game mode available to those not able to be involved with Clan Wars. 

Echoing this, yes the only Tier X out there that can be obtained other than by grinding your way up the line for one is the Salem and you'll need lots and lots of coal to obtain one.  If you're interested in Ranked past Rank 15, your best shot is to take whatever ship you have that is closest to T10 and start grinding it towards T10.  Depending on how much time you have to invest in it, you might be able to work your way to a T10 before Ranked closes for the season.   If you don't make it, well you'll be well on your way to getting that T10 before next season begins.  

So, on my phone atm making searching difficult, but it was a general statement from the devs that was to the effect of 98 per cent of players who play ranked also have a T10, in response to people pointing out that more players could play ranked if it was a lower tier, like T6.

But I cannot remember the exact number; might be 95%. Either way, I was very surprised at the stat, as I was not anticipating that many. 

How many have T10 ships and whether those ships are well suited to the ranked meta was not addressed, of course. 

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,893 battles

Personally, I still think T6 ranked is ideal, due to the balance between types, classes and the absence of radar. 

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
14 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I was referring to mainline Tier Xs, not premiums. In the case of the original poster if he had enough experience to convert and the disposable income to do it he could skip the Seattle and unlock the Worcester, which would allow him to continue the ranked season.

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification. 

Members
9,863 posts
17 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Ranked is not an event, you have 136 games total, the last place you need to be is in ranked in a tier 10 ship. Earn your ship and play the next season of ranked, there is no hurry for getting into it. The only thing you can do in ranked at this moment is get carried and throw matches. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT RUSH INTO RANKED!!!

^This. Can't believe people are simply giving advice about getting a tier 10 to a player with 356 total battles....:Smile_amazed:

And people wonder why this game seems to be devolving so fast.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

Yeah, hit the brakes and don't buy into the WG advertising that you NEED a Tier 10 immediately. I just got my first Tier 10 a week or so ago, and I've been around since Beta. Like others have said, DO NOT RUSH TO TIER 10, you will be a liability, and especially in Ranked, they will remind you of that.