Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

Chat and Unsporting Behavior!

20 comments in this topic

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,433 battles

I just finished a match where 1 player after being sunk stuck around and intentionally harassed with profanity our 1 remaining BB team mate and I as he was trying to survive and win vs 2 BBs that were close together and barely damaged. Neither I nor my team mate chatted anything to provoke this the player just went all whacko and escalated until match end. 

So just what constitutes Ban able Behavior, Language or Actions?

I thought all he did fit the bill and reported as such to support! 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[WOLFA]
Members
548 posts
3,141 battles

He'll just get a chat ban. If he gets multiply bans he will lose his chat all together.

• Cool 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

Just click on Report--> Misbehavior in Chat
The system works.
You can file a ticket, if you like. Also, you can block players from ever communicating with you again. My suggestion, just report in-game and move on, you have hardly seen the worst with this one. If it's really, really bad, like sexual harassment or threats, you can let your clan and his clan handle it. Of course, threatening to sink me is just part of the game!

• Bad 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,608 posts
8,804 battles

one more thing you could do is if the person was in a clan you could report it to the clan leadership most clans dont like there member's doing things like that.

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
412 posts
42 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I just finished a match where 1 player after being sunk stuck around and intentionally harassed with profanity our 1 remaining BB team mate and I as he was trying to survive and win vs 2 BBs that were close together and barely damaged. Neither I nor my team mate chatted anything to provoke this the player just went all whacko and escalated until match end. 

So just what constitutes Ban able Behavior, Language or Actions?

I thought all he did fit the bill and reported as such to support! 

You certainly did the best thing possible:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,978 battles

If you have replays enabled the best thing to do is submit the replay to support and hopefully they'll hit the player with more than a 24 hr ban.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,118 posts
18,633 battles

Screenshots and/or replay and sending a ticket to WG. This usually counts as a strike with a ban. If this happen three times his account may get suspended. Using the ingame report only get him chat banned for a while if multiple player do this. Had a BB player last week that wasn’t to stupid to WASD hack with his GK knowing that a Shima is somewhere ahead of him. He start giving away the team position and trashtalked with lots of profanity about DD player. Breaking multiple codes of conduct is always worth the 5 minutes you need to file a ticket.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Because   Blacklisting someone so you can't see their chat is so incredibly hard, you have to run to mommy and daddy.. please ban him,  he is mean.  Seriously, Grow up.    You don't like what someone says, use the darn mute button.

Admittedly the Devs have been overly incompetent when it comes to the blacklist function, but it does block any typed chat they send.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

Because   Blacklisting someone so you can't see their chat is so incredibly hard, you have to run to mommy and daddy.. please ban him,  he is mean.  Seriously, Grow up.

No, I almost never do that. But there's a limit to how much abuse I'm going to listen to. Apparently you feel entitled to dish out as much verbal abuse as you like. Remind me to add you to my very short list.

• Cool 3

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
143 posts
1,813 battles

The game crashes and I get a 12 Game ban and can only go to CO-OP Battles, sure that's fair right and of course is ignoring my ticket its in progress, insult to injury I'm not getting any XP I'm done!

[O_O]
Members
675 posts
6,062 battles
2 minutes ago, Minah_Bang said:

Nope, wrong.

sighs....it should be...:Smile_sad:

Members
705 posts
On 8/27/2018 at 6:40 PM, Shinnidan said:

major reason why i decided to stick with Co-op... :Smile_sad:

Indeed. Co-op and stat hiding are my primary shields against all sorts of trolls and griefers.

When all else fails, PrnScr and support ticket time.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
675 posts
6,062 battles
53 minutes ago, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

Indeed. Co-op and stat hiding are my primary shields against all sorts of trolls and griefers.

i don't hide my stats... i could care less what other say. 

i been playing this game from when it first came out...my first 2500 battles of the the 5000+ was all on Random...listening to all kinds of [edited]...and they are ALL THE SAME....lol

[WOLF9]
Members
3,147 posts

Ahh you have to love people who live up to the stereotype...

Just got out of a tier 5/7 match playing Omaha.   Dude in a Haida spends the entire match whining about our CV player, calling him a $hitlord and everything else- starting from the beginning.  IN A CO_OP match, no less.

Surprise, surprise- when the battle ends and the team stats come up, Haida was dead last in base xp.  The CV was first.

Maybe if he put as much effort into playing his ship as he did into whining about our CV he'd have actually accomplished something.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
143 posts
1,813 battles
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

Tried that like 20 times totally ignored by support. {sigh} today my account was restored and all the penalty's removed and I can once again play random and clan and the rest but do I dare will try later fingers crossed or flipped if that crashes again.

Update:

Response from Support best of luck my friends

"Closed

Dear Captain,

We inform you is that we here at Support are unable to modify this system.

If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us."

'
Edited by CaptDavid

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
14 hours ago, CaptDavid said:

Tried that like 20 times totally ignored by support. {sigh} today my account was restored and all the penalty's removed and I can once again play random and clan and the rest but do I dare will try later fingers crossed or flipped if that crashes again.

'

Imagine, if you will, a bizarro world where some players consider co-op great fun and being forced to do randoms (for game goals) a punishment. It's like this, most people would find B&D to be torture, and some people get off on it.

[V-MF]
Members
16 posts
669 battles

I am very new to this game, but I have years of playing MMO's like EQ2. One thing I've found in online gaming is that it is pointless to give one single flock about idiots yelling advice, barking orders, or spewing insults in game chat.

Salt is nothing more than the background static you hear listening to a distant radio station on a crummy tuner.

Ignore all of it and you will be happier.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this