You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Finished ranked for season 10.

Took me 25 games with a WR of 64%

So for roughly 3 hrs and 15 min of game time I got.......

Credits - 500k

Mike Yankee Soxisix - 25

Juliet Whiskey Unaone - 35

November Echo Settesseven - 35

India X-Ray - 35

Type 5 Camo - 15

Premium Time - 24 hrs

Second League Flag

Zulu Hotel - 25

Equal Spedd Charlie London - 25

Zulu - 25

Papa Papa - 25

India Bravo Terrathree - 25

Hotel Yankee - 25

Juliet Yankee Bissotwo 35

Sierra Mike - 35

Victor Lima - 35

Juliet Charlie - 35

November Foxtrot - 35

India Delta - 35

India Yankee - 35

Steel - 1,150

OHHHH!!!!  You though I meant Rank 1.  LOL.  No.  I actually respect myself and am not a masochist.

But for perspective that is what you can get stopping at Rank 12 starting at Rank 16 like I did.

All those rewards for free and I am done with Ranked Season 10 4 days in with blood pressure still intact, my sanity still intact, and a relatively sodium free diet.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Edit:  Rofl, all the saltminers downvoting, enjoy your month long slog.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 6

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

This type of story gives the rest of us hope. :Smile_Default:

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,224 battles

Hey, we all have our goals and priorities that keep us sane.  So I salute you in reaching your personal goal!

[ARP2]
Members
1,223 posts
3,566 battles

So in less than 10 seasons of rank if you will get this steel for the Stalingrad. Assuming no other sources of Steel income and you use the coupon.

How many ranked Seasons a year are there?

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles

That is what you grossed. What was the net income of flags after you presumably used some in battle?

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
9 minutes ago, Hatework said:

So in less than 10 seasons of rank if you will get this steel for the Stalingrad. Assuming no other sources of Steel income and you use the coupon.

How many ranked Seasons a year are there?

3 I think, maybe 4, my memory is fuzzy.  I think once every 4 months though.

6 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

That is what you grossed. What was the net income of flags after you presumably used some in battle?

A net positive.  Used some obviously, but ended up ahead as far as flags are concerned.

I took WeeGee's easy to grab loot and ran out the door.  Unlike if I had ground to rank 1 using every single flag I had earned and hundreds more.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

It warms my heart that you quit before having to tank games at the higher levels. From the bottom of my heart, Thank you. 

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,193 battles

LOL great post.

For me I look at ranked as a psychological challenge. I often describe doing ranked for as long as you can take it. The thing is this endurance has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with your own internal psychology. 

So can I step back from the stakes and just enjoy each battle for what it is? That is the challenge. I like playing Randoms. Sometimes I do not like playing Ranked. The reasons are entirely on me. So if I can sustain the mindset of playing my best but having fun win or lose I will rank out if not I will quit early like the opp.

Some people hate it all the way and gut it out. Don't be that guy.

Cheers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles

Hey, congrats! 

I ranked out too; yep, took one look at the posts already in the Forum and passed it completely on my way to Randoms.

For that, I got Zero anxiety, Zero salt, Zero stress, Zero toxicity, and Zero pain.

All of that for Zero effort! 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
42 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

It warms my heart that you quit before having to tank games at the higher levels. From the bottom of my heart, Thank you. 

Rofl, that's pretty rich coming from a player that is actually worse than me.  Guess we "both" tank teams then.

Can tell you have been playing a lot of ranked.  Lol, enjoy your saltmine.

Guess you don't know when to quit to save your sanity.  Enjoy the sub 45 %ers

Edited by Aeries1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,189 battles

First day of Ranked, I played well AND seemed to be on good teams, went from 16-12 in 3 hours.  Yesterday second day, certainly didn't play as well, and I KNOW my teams were horrid, lost a bunch, then you know its time to quit when you go back to pubs and the horrid luck follows you...again I freely admit i wasn't quite up to par.  But I am like the OP, I will try to get on another hot streak and get as low as I can go, but once the horror starts again I am done with ranked...imho I continue to advocate for safe rank at 5 it would help keep people playing ranked...I know I would.  I do have a life outside of WoWS :)

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
54 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

And I might add you have played 80 games since the season started winning a whopping 47.5% over 80 games.

I played 25 games and am done as far as I want to go with a 64% WR.  Hell my entire ranked career for 3 years is 58.29%.

So again, who is tanking teams?

You are exactly the reason I get free loot and leave.  It's always someone else's fault for a loss and salt vomit ensues.

Maybe stop damage padding in the back in hopes of saving a star on a loss and you will do better.  

Support your teammates even if it costs you your boat in a smart trade.

Good luck my dear salty troll.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

Best of luck your gonna do great!

Edited by Filthy_Pelican

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
36 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Best of luck your gonna do great!

You should really try to troll harder.  The numbers ranked or not ranked speak for themselves.

We can post them here for everyone to see if you would like.

In ranked especially you are a detriment to your team.  But by all means, keep rocking that Conqueror spamming HE from the back damage farming in hopes of saving a star.

Such talent.

Just think, you have over a month of this salty attitude to go.  Enjoy pumpkin.

What, you want to edit out your enjoy co-op remark?  Classy.  And ya know, in 3 years played all of 33 games of coop.  Lol so sad.

Edited by Aeries1
  • Funny 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

Let's see you finish a season of ranked and where you end up. Oh yeah thats right. You cant finish. Its too hard.. LOL. 

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
2,171 battles

Thats a good way to do it, grab some free stuff for a few battles and stop. I really want a flint so I'm going to go as far as I can. Started at 22 or 21 and am at 11 now. Also bought my first tier 10 for this, sorry if I end up on anyone's team. 

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
6 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Let's see you finish a season of ranked and where you end up. Oh yeah thats right. You cant finish. Its too hard.. LOL. 

Image result for digging hole gif

[O_O]
Members
675 posts
6,058 battles

sighs....i'll guess i'll rain on this parade...

started at lvl 21 in less than 3 hrs got to lvl 16....then got stone walled with all the losses...and got demoted back to 17...:Smile_sceptic:

quit...thats fine with me...i've got nothing to prove...went back to normal games...

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

Cool post.  I wanted to get to Rank 10 for the rewards.  Already have Jolly Roger flag from ranking out in the past, and the extra steel does not look motivating enough at this point.

Took me 25 battles with 76% WR to rank out at rank 10.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
711 posts
5,189 battles

After the third season where I flagellated myself to Rank 5 and could not endure more masochism I took the OP's way more rational approach and play part way for some rewards then give the rest a miss.  Ranked really is a hamster wheel for the Pavlovian conditioned.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

You know what? Frustrating as it could get at times I liked last season. It was fun! It felt worthwhile! I felt like I could actually influence the battle and contribute, the only reason I felt that I didn't hit rank 1 is because I didn't have a tier 10.

THIS season? I've gotten to 14 max, from my original starting point of 16. Tier 8s lasted all of four battles for me, and then began the stupidity of low-rank tier 10. It's like beating my head against a wall, there's NO rhyme or reason to it. I get 2 kills and nearly 100k damage? Loss. I get deleted by a CV before breaking 2k damage? Win. I die after doing decent damage while one guy is doing excellently and the rest of the team seems to be holding their own? Loss. I notice that a flank is falling, so I turn around to help and suggest the other ships with me do the same? Loss, because they decided that a single phantom Gearing too afraid to break stealth and attack with anything but torps was a bigger threat than the other six enemies.

This season has somehow managed to not only be worse than last, but worse than RANDOMS! I'm done. There's no point in continuing. The more I bang my head against the wall the more I'll be stuck with players that can only consistently lose as the rest move up the list, and the more I feel like I'M the consistent loser bringing my team down, all because it took hardly any time to get into this sadomasochist's dream of a league in the first place and now I'm stuck here. Congrats devs, you've managed to not only make this season an intensely bad experience, you managed to make it cause me to question my worth as a player and what the point of continuing to play your game is. That is TRULY a feat.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
55 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

This season has somehow managed to not only be worse than last, but worse than RANDOMS! 

Actually now that I am done tried some high tier grinding again.

Man, the sewer definitely emptied into Ranked. High tier is actually enjoyable for a change.  Sensible people doing fairly smart gameplay and good teamplay.  No half the team riding the border.  Been great.

All the window lickers are gonna be grinding their precious for the next month.  Think I'm going to actually revisit some high tier grinds.  Just got my GK and loving it so far.

Sweet jesus thank you, a month of high tier peace.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,794 posts
4,812 battles

Went from 21 to 10. Took 35 battles, one loss getting to 15, then 27 battles to get from 15 to 10.

At 10, the madness begins. No gracias.