You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

A "What If" for ranked

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,089 posts
7,223 battles

What if.... when your team wins a ranked battle, you get to stay with that random group, to fight as a team, until you lose and are once again cast out to the whims of the MM?

( look, I have ideas, they may not all be good, some you don't even see, but this one slipped out)

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,298 posts
11,856 battles

It sounds good in theory, but kind of relates to a 7 man division. I don't see any good coming from it. Most likely the team wouldn't last because it's 7 random people and if only one of them quits, it would end it any way.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,089 posts
7,223 battles

Random... random... not clan... have you not ever stumbles across a team in the MM that worked well... and yes, if someone quits, yer back in the pool... so?

[HINON]
Members
8,786 posts

Hmm lets just synch drop as a clan or group of friends and see what happens . . . 

[B2P]
Members
488 posts
13,180 battles

I've had the same thought at times.  "I would love to stay with this team that totally dominated that match."  But what if you're on the other side, and you keep running into that team that works like a well oiled machine?  Or you somehow win a match, but the team you are on is toxic?  Yeah, I know you could quit, but throwing it out as well.  Can't chide you for wishing for that though.

Basically, it wouldn't be fair to other players if you were allowed to keep a certain team together in random ranked battles.  Key word... random.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,006 posts
9,167 battles
2 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

What if.... when your team wins a ranked battle, you get to stay with that random group, to fight as a team, until you lose and are once again cast out to the whims of the MM?

( look, I have ideas, they may not all be good, some you don't even see, but this one slipped out)

like this idea, been on some good teams then "poof", potato time...