Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Tour of Duty :(

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles

Well, I finally got bit by not having a ship for this. I am too far from the Hsienyang to make it worth while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,931
[PVE]
Members
8,785 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Well, I finally got bit by not having a ship for this. I am too far from the Hsienyang to make it worth while. 

I don't have Hsienyang or Mogami, so both T8 were ships I don't have yet. I do have all the others so far though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't have Hsienyang or Mogami, so both T8 were ships I don't have yet. I do have all the others so far though.

I can't see spending over 200,000 free experience plus the credits to get it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles

It is just one ticket out of many so I am not going to stress about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,658
[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,886 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't have Hsienyang or Mogami, so both T8 were ships I don't have yet. I do have all the others so far though.

I also missed out on the T-22, but I'm not stressing. By including ships like the Friant, Danae and Bogatyr, they've catered very well to the beginners and those who might not so far have ground those particular lines. You can't please all the people all the time, but WG deserves kudos for being low-tier and co-op inclusive with this event.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,931
[PVE]
Members
8,785 posts
7,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I also missed out on the T-22, but I'm not stressing. By including ships like the Friant, Danae and Bogatyr, they've catered very well to the beginners and those who might not so far have ground those particular lines. You can't please all the people all the time, but WG deserves kudos for being low-tier and co-op inclusive with this event.

Oh, they have done great with some low tier ships, no doubt. I was afraid that when this started that if any were T8+, I would probably not have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,015
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh, they have done great with some low tier ships, no doubt. I was afraid that when this started that if any were T8+, I would probably not have it.

DD's are where I am going to have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,931
[PVE]
Members
8,785 posts
7,234 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

DD's are where I am going to have issues.

I have every DD line to T7, except PA. I'm working on Leander, La Galissoniere and Queen Elizabeth to finish those lines to T7 before the end of the year if I can. I just got the T6 CVs, so I doubt I will get to T7 in them this year. I only have Cleveland, Baltimore, North Carolina and Richelieu in T8 and Buffalo and DM in T9-T10. I'm slowly getting there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,010
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,026 posts
9,183 battles

Dang it! I forgot to finish the on tour this weekend.... got to involved in ranked. 

I am also not close that DD no biggie not going to stress over a single raffle ticket lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,658
[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,886 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm working on Leander, La Galissoniere and Queen Elizabeth to finish those lines to T7

Leander to Fiji for me was a matter of grinding away at North Cape until very near the end date, at which point I knew I would not be able to finish (mining Dreadnought achievements was beyond me at that stage)... but hey, when I looked up from admitting defeat, I saw that my efforts had won me the Tier 7 ship I was after. Fiji's a blast after Leander; Edinburgh not so much after Fiji.

QE from B hull to KGV was two evenings of mind-numbing grinding in Randoms with premium time (won in Science of Victory, so the clock was running down) and the best XP flags and camo I could mount. It depends on how hard you want to flog it, but I'd say your chances of getting there by the end of the year are pretty good, even in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,931
[PVE]
Members
8,785 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Leander to Fiji for me was a matter of grinding away at North Cape until very near the end date, at which point I knew I would not be able to finish (mining Dreadnought achievements was beyond me at that stage)... but hey, when I looked up from admitting defeat, I saw that my efforts had won me the Tier 7 ship I was after. Fiji's a blast after Leander; Edinburgh not so much after Fiji.

QE from B hull to KGV was two evenings of mind-numbing grinding in Randoms with premium time (won in Science of Victory, so the clock was running down) and the best XP flags and camo I could mount. It depends on how hard you want to flog it, but I'd say your chances of getting there by the end of the year are pretty good, even in co-op.

Yeah, I'm in co-op and usually play just the first win. I need to finish the Boise mission before that ends, so for the last week or so I have played the Leander, La Gal, QE, T-61 Sune DD XP mission once each and then ground the Nueve de Julio as much as I can stand for the Boise mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

I only just unlocked the Gadjah, then somehow got myself back into cruisers and starting French BBs in the last month or so.  I'll need to get back into that DD line, the Fushun is so much fun!!

Must admit though, very happy they have been spreading out the ships among the tiers, especially since some of the prizes are mid-tier as well.

17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have every DD line to T7, except PA. I'm working on Leander, La Galissoniere and Queen Elizabeth to finish those lines to T7 before the end of the year if I can. I just got the T6 CVs, so I doubt I will get to T7 in them this year. I only have Cleveland, Baltimore, North Carolina and Richelieu in T8 and Buffalo and DM in T9-T10. I'm slowly getting there though.

There's a few months, i think you'll at least get the Fiji, Algerie, and KGV.  There's some decent ships right before them so hopefully the grind isn't too bad.  Leander is where I started to like the British CLs, and the QE is great for using AP on unsuspecting everything - it also never bothers me in a Tier 8, well rounded ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

Well if they choose any tech tree ship T6 and down then I having it in my port.  After that things get a bit more spotty.  I do have a large majority of the T7's and scattering of T8's, two T9's and one T10.  Also have most premiums below around T5 and then a scattering of upper tier premiums (no higher than T8).  

Even with all of these, there have been a couple of times when I've been shut out but that's ok, I still have a bit to go before I get em all.  :Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×